23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:07 pm
Name: Meokyn Ehmbyi

Blood colour: 7322B5.

Symbol: The alchemical symbol for gold

Personality: Meokyn is, inherently, an immensely loud child. She would never be the first to class herself as unintelligent, but she can often appear as such to onlookers -- her abilities at understanding subtext or pushing past the immediate surface are poor, and due to a combination of her highblood status with a natural distaste for inaction or lulls in conversation, she frequently seems like she's overbearing. This is because she is -- as a highblood, she considers herself to be the most important member of every conversation (except seadwellers! well, sometimes even with seadwellers, if they're younger or smaller or weaker), and throws herself headfirst into anything that grabs her attention. However, it's very difficult for anything to hold Meokyn's attention if it requires practice or waiting, causing her to be constantly flickering between new ideas and hobbies that never last.

Her stance on the hemospectrum changes from day to day, depending on what mood Meokyn is in and who's spoken to her last - in general, she deems it unimportant as far as 'worth' goes, but important as far as 'lowbloods need to listen to me' goes. Everyone is important! (Just not to her.)

Meokyn is an immensely fickle girl - she's never quite sure what she wants, only that she wants. The primary desire is attention, and if people won't give that to her then she just gets louder and louder, but sometimes she wants information or items or a pat on the head to tell her she's alright. She suffers from immense self-esteem issues, fostered by her lusus' disdain at a very young age, and although such behavior from her lusus is only bad dreams now she still can't shake the feeling she's -- not good enough. Not acceptable. She's a Bad Troll. Unfortunately, her way of coping with these feelings is to make every other feeling louder, and that involves taking it out on everyone else. She can buy things! Of course she can, she's a highblood, she has the caegars. But it's so much more immensely, short-term, satisfying to smuggle it out of where it belongs and to make it hers -- at least, for the five minutes she cares about it, and then it's consigned to the junk heap that is her hive until someone else asks.

They can have it, really. She doesn't care all that much. What she wants is people to like her, and for the feeling she's an Inferior Troll to go away.

Strengths:
Straightforward: Meokyn isn't the type to hide behind ploys and passive-aggressive jabs -- she is painfully, straightforwardly, genuine in everything she does. She trusts with all her heart, and she has no fear about saying what needs to be said, even if the truth might hurt a little. There is no dishonesty in what she says - and she can be believed, always.
Outgoing: Meokyn loves to talk. Sure, a lot of it is talking about herself or about practically nothing at all if it's looked at in-depth -- but she loves to fill up a conversation and talk to the lonely person wandering around the room. She'll get this party started, she'll philanthropize, she'll do whatever she can to have a good time.
Generous: She takes things because she likes them, but it doesn't mean Meokyn wants them. Anything she owns that she doesn't care about (which is, really, about 70% of her material possessions), anyone can take -- and she'd, honestly, really like them to. Meokyn considers herself a bit of a philanthropist in her natural habitat: give to the poor! Give less to the rich! Give a moderate amount to the reasonably okay! It's a nice little emotional rush to give gifts with nothing wanted in return (seriously, she doesn't need more stuff). She just wants to make you feel awesome, because that makes her feel awesome too.

Flaws:
Uncomplicated: Meokyn makes everything about her very clear. She feels what she feels, and she doesn't lie, and she doesn't see any reason to. She isn't gentle, and she isn't always nice, but she's a kid who knows what she thinks and sees no point in ever disguising anything. Let's put it this way -- she won't be putting any elaborate social ploys into play; instead, she'd be infinitely more likely to be a pawn in one.
Short Sighted: Meokyn is very bad with putting things off. Wish fulfillment? Why should she wait for it? Meokyn lives fully in the present, with no regard for anything about the future, and she thinks everyone else should as well. She does not do long-term anything, and lives just for the moment exclusively; the future is of no concern to her, so she'll do what she wants as long as there's no immediate consequences.
Esteem Issues: Despite all her bluster, at the heart of the matter, Meokyn is deeply insecure and longs for positive sentiment and attention - but she can't manage to shake the idea she doesn't deserve either until she gets better at things, and she can't focus long enough to get better at things. It's an ugly cycle that she doesn't know how to break out of, and the only way she knows how to deal with it is by ignoring it: which, really, doesn't do anything for it at all.

Weapon: Two pairs of scissors! Easy to access, easy to use, good for both arts + crafts and stab stabs! They are BLINGED OUT with stickers and glitter paint.

Appearance:
Horns: Something vaguely resembling kudu horns, except they've been squished into something closely approximating cat ears. Basically this. Emerge from her forehead right between hairline and eyebrows and curve vaguely upwards.
Clothing: If it's asymmetrical and obnoxious, Meokyn wants it. She doesn't have any particular style dislikes or likes -- it just needs to be aggressively loud. Lots of patterns, lots of texture, lots of uneven fabric.
Hair: A giant curly stormcloud fluffmess. She clips it back with hairclips, and none of the hairclips match.
Accessories: A pair of big blood-colored hipster glasses, so many bracelets and necklaces, and...hairclips? Meokyn doesn't really do Fashion, but she does Accessorizing to an extreme degree. Think decora fashion.

Home: Meokyn lives in New Hemisect City, directly outside of the inner city core. She's an urban child, with an apartment hive covered in clothes and accessories and pretty things she's picked up like a -- well, like something that likes shiny things. There's posters for any games she likes and any music she likes and any everything she likes everywhere, there's bins full of shiny things she found on the streets, and there's...suffice to say, she has a very messy hive. Recuperacoons are plural, and everything is in about as much excess as you'd expect from a kid highblood who buys things she'll never use.

Lusus: An immense snake-like creature, at least three or four times as long as Meokyn is tall, with many eyes and shark-like teeth. For all the girl is concerned, it's just Mom! And Mom is great. She loves Mom. The problem with Mom is that she spent multiple sweeps refusing to let Meokyn interact with other trolls without an attempt at devouring them -- she felt Meokyn was not the proper image of a highblood, yet, and didn't want her charge out and about without being at least marginally perfect. This behavior has faded into the background nowadays, but is the cause of Meokyn's self-esteem issues, especially considering she trusts Mom above all else and takes her word as golden.

Power: None! It's very unfortunate, Meokyn is very disappointed. Man, wouldn't it be great if she could THROW FIRE??? Or even TALK TO ANIMALS??? That would be so coooool but also she can't. sad It's the one bad thing about having such a nice, pretty blood color!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm
hey hey, just something v technical. for certing purposes we gotta have something to put in gender that's not a big rambly paragraph. we have two non-binary trolls already, alexin and dictys. as you can see we're pretty free and wild with what you want to put in the cert. if you want female, that's fine, if you want something else, that's fine too, just let us know what. :3  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:36 pm
amicableAggressor
hey hey, just something v technical. for certing purposes we gotta have something to put in gender that's not a big rambly paragraph. we have two non-binary trolls already, alexin and dictys. as you can see we're pretty free and wild with what you want to put in the cert. if you want female, that's fine, if you want something else, that's fine too, just let us know what. :3

Whoops whoops, sorry about that! That's why Dae shouldn't write profiles at two am, probably~ Fixed.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 pm
Daekie
amicableAggressor

Whoops whoops, sorry about that! That's why Dae shouldn't write profiles at two am, probably~ Fixed.
all good! i'm also trying to double check her blood color just for safety's sake (standard with highbloods) but everything keeps crashing fhsdjfkg

but ok i think .. i got things working to check. and it's fine! good jorb o u o b  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Heyo if you still wanna go w/ less than female sometimes, maaybe Demifemale will work for you?
Give it a search if you feel it might describe her!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:40 am
Crit incoming!

How does Meokyn act on her feelings? If she's not getting the attention she wants from trolls right off the bat what does she do? Does she change tactics? If someone were to get pointedly annoyed with Meokyn, how would she respond?

I'd like to hear more about Meokyn's thoughts and feelings towards, well, her feelings. She seems aware that she has these intense mood swings. Is she able to recognize when she's being over-the-top? How does she feel when she looks back on past behavior once she's out of the moment? Does she ever feel the need to try and check herself (either for social or safety concerns), or is she just always running on all cylinders at all times?

If someone were to call her out on her stealing or her intense emotions, what would she do? Would she try and justify herself? Be ashamed? Try and make amends? Ignore them? Considering she's a highblood, Meokyn could get away with most reactions so long as they aren't causing serious damage.

Also I see that she seems to steal and gift items with about equal intensity. Considering she's perfectly capable of buying the things she wants, what's the appeal of stealing? How does her kleptomania interact with her desire to be liked by people?

For her feelings strength, I thiiink I know what you're getting at, but for the sake of clarity would you mind giving a specific example in how her intense feelings help her in her daily life? Right now it seems to be reading similarly to her "clear" strength in that she's very direct and easily understood.

As for being a rulebreaker, how does she feel when other people break the rules? Does her opinion change when people break the rules to her detriment?

I'm also not sure I understand her "resistant to change" flaw, considering a number of times you state that she really wants people to like her. If you were to choose between the two, which trait would win out?

I'd also like to know more about Meokyn's relationship with her lusus! What's Mom's general parenting style? How does she react to Meokyn's emotions and behavior? Does she try and enforce any rules or ideals on Meokyn? How does she react to trolls that aren't her own?

Aaaand that's what I've got. Looking forward to seeing where Meokyn goes!  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IT TOOK ME TWO MONTHS but I've made changes!

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:48 am
I'm not Cylem, but I thought I'm pop in.

First off, she's still missing how she attracts attention (Cylem crit!) You have a missing period in your first paragraph, so I'm just not sure if it got lost somewhere. (;

---

Where does Meokyn get her obsession with romance from?

---

"Clear" and "Hello What's Your Name" are currently reading as flaws, while "Generous" is reading as neutral. Remember that strengths should directly benefit Meokyn. Clear looks mostly all right--your last sentence pegs it as a flaw though. Same thing with "Hello". Being extroverted serves her need for attention, but the lack of tact you have written in, is neutralising it.

---

Meokyn currently has more flaws than she does strengths. They need to be even!

---

Quote:
Meokyn is kind of a terrible person and she knows it, but she sees no need to change.

Maybe I just have a soft spot for bad people (I do), but Meokyn doesn't read as particularly terrible. Just a little selfish and impulsive. There is a lot of new information you bring up in this flaw (such as her being emotionally manipulative) and that needs to be addressed throughout the profile.

---

From what you have written it sounds like Mom's relationship with Meokyn is abusive (criticisms and isolation). Later though, it sounds almost as though that behaviour is excused because Mom "does love the troll dearly" and that makes me a little leery. I also call into question how present/controlling Mom was when Meokyn was younger, but now she seems more neglectful.

---

Final note: A lot of this seems to be written from Meokyn's viewpoint (albeit third person). While writing with the influence of a character's thoughts/feelings is a lot of fun to read and write, it can bias the profile and limit information. I'd suggest going back through and trying to rewrite some of it from a more neutral viewpoint to help your ideas come across clearer!

Edit: Don't forget to resubmit your troll for review in the appropriate thread once you've made whatever changes you need to make!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces