Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
» ~ help! I'm looking for recommnedations!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:05 pm
Whatup chiquitas! I am looking for recommendations here.
I'd prefer manga ones, but anime is always great too~~

Here are some things that I've really enjoyed/been enjoying to give you an idea of what I like:
Ao Haru Ride
Madoka Magica
Noragami
Hiyokoi
Strobe Edge
Toradora!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:37 pm
kamisama hajimemashita -
Momozono Nanami’s dad, a man with a penchant for gambling, disappeared after accumulating a huge amount of debt. Thus, she was chased out of her house by the debt collectors. When she met a timid man being chased by a dog, he told her that he’d give her his house. She believed his persuasive talk, but when she went to his house… it turned out to be a shrine. Moreover, a guy with fox ears appeared, which made Nanami even more confused. What will become of homeless and confused Nanami?
This is available in both Manga and Anime form. It has a very funny story with memorable, colourful characters. Highly recommended for those who like Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo and Supernatural

Blood Lad -
Staz is the vampire boss of a section of the demon world, but he has little interest in human blood. He's more infatuated with Japanese culture. When he learns that Yanagi Fuyumi, a Japanese teenage girl, accidentally wanders into the demon city, he jumps to the occasion. However, while Staz deals with an intruder on his turf, the oblivious Fuyumi is killed by a monster and becomes a wandering ghost. The disappointed Staz vows to her that he will find a way to bring Fuyumi back to life.
A rather unique manga but one that has all the ingredients for a enjoyable read. Sadly, the anime was apparently dropped...But at least the manga is still going strong. I believe there are around 16 episodes available online, though that is a very rough guess. Genres - Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance, Seinen, Supernatural

Suki tte Ii na ya -
Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without making either boyfriend or friends. One day, she drop-kicks a popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, because of a misunderstanding but for some reason it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they’re friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, he does it with a kiss…?!!
Lovely artwork and a pleasant storyline, this is a must read/watch. The anime really brings the characters to 'life' while keeping the charm of the manga. It's a straight forward, no nonsense type of plot which will definitely keep you interested. Genres - Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - Long title sweatdrop
Jinta Yadomi and his group of childhood friends have become estranged after a tragic accident split them apart. Now in their high school years, a sudden surprise forces each of them to confront their guilt over what happened that day and come to terms with the ghosts of their past.
I only ever watched the anime but there is a manga. It is a very powerful story that is sure to melt the coldest of hearts. The animation is remarkably beautiful. Fantastic characters and a great plot makes this not one to miss. Genres - Drama, Slice of Life, Supernatural, Tragedy, Romance

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora -
During the winter, Yuichi was hospitalized due to hepatitis. Randomly he would try to escape from the hospital but would get beat up by the nurse. One day, he happened to meet Rika, a girl of his age, in the next building. He was fascinated by her beauty, but she was a very selfish girl. Although she led him by the nose, he began to be attracted by her. However, when Rika told him about her illness, he knew why she acted so selfish; she didn't have long to live.
Again, I've only ever watched the anime of this but there is a manga available online. I personally liked this show. It was sweet, believable, mature and innocent all at once. The anime is rather pretty to look at and the characters are lovable in a sense that you want to see them live happily ever after. I think this is the type of thing you need to try to see if you like it. Genres -Drama, Romance, Shounen, Slice Of Life, Tragedy

Bokura Minna Kawaisou -
Usa, a high-school student aspiring to begin a bachelor lifestyle, moves into a new apartment only to discover that he not only shares a room with a perverted roommate that has an obsession for underaged girls, but also that another girl, Ritsu, a love-at-first-sight, is living in the same building as well!
Hnnggg...I watched the anime but have not read the manga. The artwork is very stunning. It has a lot of slap stick moments but it makes for a good way to pass some time. I loved it but it may not be everyone's cup o' tea! Genres - Comedy, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Slice Of Life

I hope I have helped you with your search somewhat. Lemme know if they are good suggestions or if you wish for more! emotion_yatta  

XxHakaxX

Eager Gawker

14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces