Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:37 pm
So, I'm 8 days from surgery, and I got my period. But I'm not allowed to take any anti-inflammatory medication like Advil (my go-to pain med) for two weeks prior to surgery.

I've taken Tylenol, but it doesn't feel like it's doing anything to lessen the pain I'm in. It feels like I'm going without any pain meds at all.

And it hurts. A lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm
Ugh. I'm sorry.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:59 pm
Mama Ame
Ugh. I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, the timing is near perfect. It'll all be over before surgery and I'll have max time to heal before the next one. xp And that next one should fall before the cruise, rather than during.

So really, perfect timing, period, thanks.

But at the same time, ow. This period is pretty bad. DX  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:08 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ugh. I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong, the timing is near perfect. It'll all be over before surgery and I'll have max time to heal before the next one. xp And that next one should fall before the cruise, rather than during.

Yeah, I understand when the timing is good. But the pain sounds, well, painful.

My post partum periods after Alex were all over the place. Some months I barely cramped or bled. Other months I felt like I was going to bleed to death and my uterus was trying to murder me x_x  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ugh. I'm sorry.

My post partum periods after Alex were all over the place. Some months I barely cramped or bled. Other months I felt like I was going to bleed to death and my uterus was trying to murder me x_x

That's kind of where I've been at most of this year. Really awful or practically non-existent. o_O Thankfully it hasn't been a 50/50 split; I've had more light ones than heavy ones.

But man oh man am I looking forward to taking T. xd

It's really, really exciting that I'm finally gonna have gotten top surgery, but additionally I'm excited that afterwards I'll be working towards taking the next step of my transition! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:26 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ugh. I'm sorry.

That's kind of where I've been at most of this year. Really awful or practically non-existent. o_O Thankfully it hasn't been a 50/50 split; I've had more light ones than heavy ones.

It's really, really exciting that I'm finally gonna have gotten top surgery, but additionally I'm excited that afterwards I'll be working towards taking the next step of my transition! biggrin

Are you going to do full transition or are you going to get your feminine genitals? I thought you said before you were but I could totally be wrong.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:43 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ugh. I'm sorry.

Are you going to do full transition or are you going to get your feminine genitals? I thought you said before you were but I could totally be wrong.

I do want to have a hysterectomy (one, it'll guarantee the periods stay gone because fluctuating T-levels can result in light/random periods and two, if you're on T for several years you may or may not have some complications keeping the uterus/etc.). However I'm likely to keep my v****a.

At the present, with science where it is, I don't intend to have anything... added down there. If more sophisticated methods come about in my lifetime, I may go for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:30 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ugh. I'm sorry.

I do want to have a hysterectomy (one, it'll guarantee the periods stay gone because fluctuating T-levels can result in light/random periods and two, if you're on T for several years you may or may not have some complications keeping the uterus/etc.). However I'm likely to keep my v****a.

At the present, with science where it is, I don't intend to have anything... added down there. If more sophisticated methods come about in my lifetime, I may go for it.

Okay that's what I THOUGHT you said before. But I wasn't 100% sure.

That's cool.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:46 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

That's cool.

I can't remember what I have or haven't said sometimes, so. Clarification is always a good idea. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 am
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

That's cool.

I can't remember what I have or haven't said sometimes, so. Clarification is always a good idea. xd

I've got a terrible memory. Unless it's for pointless trivia facts.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:26 am
Are you at least allowed chocolate? Perhaps chocolate ice cream? Distract one sense with two?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm
I never take medication when I'm on my period. For me, I just take it easy, use a hot water bottle if I want to, drink tea, and eat chocolate. *shrugs*  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:01 pm
My body just has a "WTF is happening?!" reaction when I have a period.

-40 weeks of no period while pregnant with Olivia
-11 months of no period while nursing her
-One period
-40 weeks of no period while pregnant with Alexandria
-13 months of no period while nursing her
-Roughly six months of random periods. Skipped some months. Can't recall the exact number that I have
-Currently pregnant.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff