Submit

Kakashiismylove768

Wealthy Friend

7,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:29 am
Okay...I have been in a relationship with a boy for several years. Everything was wonderful and fine until our third year of being together. After the start of our three years, I've been having difficulty being able to contact him or being able to talk to him. It usually consisted of his phone being turned off for months or weeks cause of his phone bill not paid in time, and he rarely gets online to sites that we usually talk on due to having no internet or dealing with family issues. Now we both are able to talk again online, but the wanting or rather the amount of time talking to each other has not improved even though we are a few clicks away. Even when we talk it doesn't last time, and the thrill of talking to him again does not really seem to be there.He is not a horrible guy, but it just feels so difficult just even try and contact him.
I feel conflicted on what to do in this relationship, because I feel personally that we are not really moving forward in out relationship in any sense.
What should I do?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:10 pm
Kakashiismylove768
Okay...I have been in a relationship with a boy for several years. Everything was wonderful and fine until our third year of being together. After the start of our three years, I've been having difficulty being able to contact him or being able to talk to him. It usually consisted of his phone being turned off for months or weeks cause of his phone bill not paid in time, and he rarely gets online to sites that we usually talk on due to having no internet or dealing with family issues. Now we both are able to talk again online, but the wanting or rather the amount of time talking to each other has not improved even though we are a few clicks away. Even when we talk it doesn't last time, and the thrill of talking to him again does not really seem to be there.He is not a horrible guy, but it just feels so difficult just even try and contact him.
I feel conflicted on what to do in this relationship, because I feel personally that we are not really moving forward in out relationship in any sense.
What should I do?

I can't really tell you what to do here, but I can say that you should do what would make you happy. If you think it would be better to let him go then do so. It can still work even with the minimal communication but you both need to put in the effort when you have the time. If all else fails you could write letters, just have some form of continuous communication. This can only work if you are both putting in the effort though, not if it's one sided. My fiance and I got through a period of minimal communication fine. It's hard but it can be done.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:38 pm
The foundation of relationships is communication, you need to be able to communicate your needs and desires from the relationship.

If you can't do that it might be a good idea to let things go.

If you really think this is a temporary issue you might just need to set aside time for each other.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:37 pm
I couldn't have said it better than cool4.

I am going to assume your relationship is long distance and online only, but if I'm wrong please just say. If you can only communicate online and by phone but that has been almost non existent, it may simply be that he is pulling away from you. It would be nice to think someone would just be honest and say what they feel, but that doesn't always happen.

Have you tried asking him about the situation? If you aren't comfortable having a conversation like that you would most likely be better off not together. Relationships are difficult enough when there is communication, but they are impossible without it.

Good luck I hope it works out best for you.  

Arya Hghar

Wily Trickster

27,700 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Slayer 200
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items