Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply Realm of the B'alam
[ Freebies ] Plot Supplementation Request Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:32 am
Do you have an amazing plot?
Do you have an interest thread for a new colony? Do you want to have a small scale battle? Do you want a ring of merchants? Do you need some victims of a murder plot or an order of gallant knights? Do you have ideas coming out your ears but you lack the B'alam to accomplish any of them? Well we here at Realm of the B'alam value your creativity and motivation! We want to see these epic battles, these intriguing murder mysteries, these clans, orders, and cults come to life! We want this shop to boast the best role playing experience this side of the B/C. Gold doesn't matter to us.

If you have an idea for a plot but lack the B'alam to run it, we'll be more than happy to help when and if we find the time. All we ask is that you only keep -one- for yourself (if any) and you find ways to give the others away to those interested in joining your plot!

How to obtain supplements •••
xxx o1 ••• Have an idea.
We don't want you to get a bunch of pretty B'alam to give away simply because you want to. We'll reward effort with effort. A good way to impress us is to have a structured plot thread to give us an idea of what you'd like, to show that you are gathering interest, and to prove that you're devoted to this plot.

xxx o2 ••• Have motivation.
Essentially, if you're the sort of person that has 18 plots and only 2 are getting any traction, we don't want to have you spamming this thread for B'alam that will gather dust. If you get freebies, follow through! Set up a contest thread where everyone can come and try out for these characters. They must be free to obtain and should be given away flatsale prompt style so that we're certain these pretties are getting the attention they deserve. After giving them away, follow through! We want to see the B'alam getting rp, your plot running, and a story being told!

xxx o3 ••• Have commitment.
If you run a long term story, need more supplementation, etc. feel free to continue posting for the same plot! Just let us know why you need more, how the story has progressed, and give us an idea of the roles for each. This will help us bring your vision to life!

Disclaimers ||
This is not for cosplay events.
If you have a plot for a Game of Thrones colony, this is not your chance to spam cosplays to fill that up. That will need to be obtained via customs!
This is not a free custom thread.
All the B'alam in this will be CC in design. The only limitations you can give to us are things like "this colony will not allow red-pelted B'alam in", "this colony will not allow anything other than wind tribe B'alam.", "This plot requires only cubs.", etc.
This is not to reward yourself or personal friends only.
While you can give characters to friends, especially if they're assisting you with the plot, we don't want to see all of the freebies go to a circle of friends. We want to see user-run contests and plots blossoming.
This is not for family supplementation.
If you have a group of romantically involved B'alam or B'alam that are unable to produce legitimate offspring naturally, this is not an excuse for you to start a family for them. This is for large-scale plots, not finding a loophole for shop policy.
Do not complain!
We will take these as we can find time to do so, as we are inspired to do so, and if the plot calls to us. If your plot isn't being taken, please don't get upset. We have limited time and some colorists may not feel up to the challenge or comfortable with the plot.

Fill out the appropriate form ||

If you are starting a new plot →

[size=16][b][color=forestgreen]A New Story Begins •••[/b][/size][/color]
► [b]Your SN:[/b]

► [b]Give your plot a title:[/b] (This can be general, like the title of a book. This is for organization purposes for us!)

►[b]What is the general idea of this plot:[/b] (A good summary of what this plot is about. Include details! The more we know, the better we can help!)

►[b]What characters are needed?[/b] (Give us roles, not custom forms. Examples like: The victim. The killer. The bystander. The captain. The merchant. The child.)

►[b]What limitations should we consider?[/b] (This is for plots that may be tribe exclusive, age-group exclusive, color exclusive, etc.)

►[b]Do you have a plot thread established?[/b] (If so, please link here!)

►[b]How will you be giving these out?[/b] (Remember, these aren't personal gifts to friends. You can give them to people you are already plotting with but we want to encourage open contests too!)

►[b]Any additional notes:[/b] (Did we forget something?)

If you are continuing a plot →

[size=16][b][color=indianred]A New Chapter Begins •••[/b][/size][/color]
► [b]Your SN:[/b]

► [b]The title of your plot[/b] (Use the same title you gave to the plot prior!)

►[b]What is the general idea of this addition to your plot:[/b] (A good summary of what this addition to the plot is about. Include details! The more we know, the better we can help!)

►[b]What characters are needed?[/b] (Give us roles, not custom forms. Examples like: The victim. The killer. The bystander. The captain. The merchant. The child.)

►[b]What limitations should we consider?[/b] (This is for plots that may be tribe exclusive, age-group exclusive, color exclusive, etc.)

►[b]Do you have a plot thread established?[/b] (If so, please link here!)

►[b]How will you be giving these out?[/b] (Remember, these aren't personal gifts to friends. You can give them to people you are already plotting with but we want to encourage open contests too!)

►[b]Any additional notes:[/b] (Did we forget something?)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:35 am
Plots Supplemented ||

Name of Plot | Author of Plot | Plot Thread | Sponsoring Colorist |
Summery of plot here...
xxxCharacter name

The Grand Weaver
Captain

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 am
Plots Expanded ||

Name of Plot | Author of Plot | Plot Thread | Sponsoring Colorist |
Summery of plot here...
xxxCharacter name

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:38 am
Mandatory reservation post.  

The Grand Weaver
Captain

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:47 pm
A New Story Begins •••
Your SN: Yushika

Give your plot a title: Count Bodies Like Sheep

What is the general idea of this plot: Basically, I want to make a colony that is home to only the cruelest characters. I'd own The Leader, a ruthless monster who only wishes to create a "family". His colony will be his family, and anyone who dare approaches would end up as a new rug.

With the colony, I'd want him to basically be adored by most of the colony. His word would be law, and his needs would be met. He'd be seen as their "father", the one who cares for them dearly and does what he must to protect them. However, not all will like this idea. Some born into the colony may rebel. Some may join with the desire to murder the leader in hopes to rid the world of his monstrous home. He would attack various other colonies for vague reasons, most he won't even share. He also will mostly stay within his colony-land, but make sure to wreck havoc should other colonies learn to not fear his anymore.

I want the leader to die, eventually. Not after he sired some children, though. His mate would need to be as ruthless as him, a true monster who only steps aside for her mate, and sometimes not even him. He'd pick one child of either gender (most likely one I own) and make them the heir of the colony. During the child's growth, the father would be murdered by The Traitor, and the child would be too young to care for the colony. And so, his mother will hold onto it until the child is ready, and most likely the child will have a wrath worse than their father. While their father was loving to his people and violent to others, the child will be cruel to everyone. They will raise an army, governing it with fear. What happens from there will need to be RPed out.

What characters are needed?
- The Leader
- The Mate
- The Guard Dog (x2)
- The Faithful
- The Traitor

What limitations should we consider?
- I would prefer The Leader to be darker with creepy markings, as well as a Dark Tribe character. His mate should be Dark Tribe, as well.
- Most members should be darker and creepier in nature.

Do you have a plot thread established? Not yet!

How will you be giving these out? A large RP contest, much like the Ice Tribe FC where I won Vera.

Any additional notes: Nope!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 am
A New Story Begins •••
Your SN: Mewsings of An Angel

Give your plot a title: The Beginning of The Valkyries

What is the general idea of this plot:
A group of females will come together, lost of family and home to call their own. Clinging to one another in comfort, they traveled across the land and learned what it was to be who they were.

As they spent more and more time in one another's company, they learned that their minds held similar thoughts - they all believed that whatever had brought them into the land was doing so with a purpose in mind. They began to believe that being female held great meaning, that it made them stronger with each other in having such a bond.

They wanted to make a home, and spread their ideas so those who wanted to could come to stay with them and embrace their ideals. They would act as the figureheads, each one characterizing their differences as strengths for good uses!

The Fire Leader (Skati) - (only female for this, as they are matriarchal in beliefs)
The Next Generation - a few cubs that can grow into whatever field they choose to follow within the Colony.

What limitations should we consider? The Colony have preferences to natural colors with latent undertones of unnatural hues, however those with other colors are never turned away. Females are considered stronger and the BEST here, but Males will hold other roles that keep the Valkyries and the City comfortable and happy.

Do you have a plot thread established?The Valkyries

How will you be giving these out? Through open contests!

Any additional notes: If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Taken by Thalion  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:52 am
A New Story Begins ••• 
Your SN: shyanimegrl

Give your plot a title: Recruitment Phase 1 of TASC

What is the general idea of this plot: Shamira, the Master Keeper of the Wind tribe, has invited her fellow Wind B'alam for a gathering that is a meet and greet as well as a small survey. In the process, she recruits interested individuals to endeavor with her as a team in The Aerial Supply Corps (TASC) so as to develop and maintain a smoothly running supply harbor for all their Wind tribe kin while in a continually fresh and adventurous fashion.

Leadership positions:

• the Look-out, a male (premade with CC, RPer: shyanimegrl)
I shall surely also have the Look-out take part in the ORP.

* being contested via a concept character entry:

• the Grocer (spirit bound partner of the Menu Planner)
  • the Menu Planner (spirit bound partner of the Grocer)
  • an Aide
  • a Runner
CC-colored premade B'alam shall be awarded to concept character winners.

* being contested via an existing character entry with the awards being Paroo familiars:

• the Storage Organizer
  • the Experimenter
  • an Aide
  • a Runner
A Paroo will be CC-colored and awarded to match each of the B'alam of the 4 winners who entered existing characters.

And all premade with CC as part of a participation raffle:

• 2 Apprentice Keepers, a male and a female
  • 3 Paroos (among ORPers; one among those who reached 1000 in word count and two among all with at least a RP post that has a word count of 100)

What limitations should we consider? In summary, the characters I have in mind for this event comprise of 7 adult Wind Tribe B'alam (all premade with CC) and 7 Paroos (4 that each are CC-colored to match the B'alam entered by winners and 3 premade with CC).

Do you have a plot thread established? It is very much still under construction, but rather I have based an event plan on my notes there and placed the event info involving an ORP I established in spoiler tags in the next section.

[link to u/c plot thread]
[link to established ORP]

How will you be giving these out? The plan is to create an event thread in the event subforum of the Wind tribe guild that serves as the location where all entry forms are posted as well as provides a link to the ORP. Further details are within the spoiler tags:

Together, Let's Unfold the Story

Shamira, the Master Keeper of the Wind tribe, has invited her fellow Wind B'alam for a gathering that is a meet and greet as well as a small survey. In the process, she recruits interested individuals to endeavor with her as a team in The Aerial Supply Corps (TASC) so as to develop and maintain a smoothly running supply harbor for all their Wind tribe kin while in a continually fresh and adventurous fashion.

-------

The Aerial Supply Corps presents 13 characters (6 Wind B'alam, 7 Paroos) up for grabs in this Wind tribe themed contest!

It is my hope for fun to be had with keeper ideas and participation in the ORP! ^u^ Cheers and thank you for your interest!

-4 thumbnail links-

The leadership positions being contested include the Grocer (spirit bound partner of the Menu Planner) that can be applied for via a concept character entry, the Menu Planner (spirit bound partner of the Grocer) that can be applied for via a concept character entry, the Storage Organizer that can be applied for via an existing character entry, the Experimenter that can be applied for via an existing character entry, an Aide that can be applied for via a concept character entry, another Aide that can be applied for via an existing character entry, a Runner that can be applied for via an existing character entry, and another Runner that can be applied for via a concept character entry. A Paroo will be CC-colored and awarded to match each of the B'alam of the 4 winners who entered existing characters.

Contest Info:

• All concept and existing Wind tribe B'alams entering for leadership positions in TASC being contested will automatically be apprentice keepers. To clarify about concept characters, what this means is that they need not undergo another TASC joining procedure when they become existing characters.
  • What's this I hear about an ORP? Well, regarding the ORP: Anyone who would like a chance in the participation raffle by taking part in the ORP for a Paroo must post a contest form even if not going for a leadership position. Participation of a RP post with at least 100 words in it is a mandatory part of a leadership position contest entry by an existing character as well as to be entered in the participation raffle for a Paroo. The ORP is only open for existing characters to participate in. Also, it takes place in the Wind tribe's domain high in the sky with only Wind tribe B'alam invited. The Master Keeper and the Look-out (both shyanimegrl's characters) will also be participating in the ORP, but of course not as part of the running in any aspect of this contest.

Participation Raffle: After winners of leadership positions have been announced, two Wind B'alam apprentice keepers, a male and a female, will be raffled among concept character entries sorted by gender. And likewise, two Paroos will be raffled among existing character ORP participants who posted at least once with a minimum word count in it of 100. Also, another Paroo will be raffled among existing character ORP participants who reached 1000 in word count, with this winner having the first choice of the three Paroos in the participation raffle's pot; then the following choice of the remaining two Paroos corresponds to which winner's drawn before the other.

-5 thumbnail links-

Please note that for this event there is a limit of one award per person, thus in other words, an individual can only win one award that is either a B'alam or Paroo.

Timeframe of Event

Start: (Ex 1. Now)
End: (Ex 2. One month later)

Contest Entry Form

To all interested contest participants, please post all entry forms within this thread.

[center][size=23][color=green][b]Here's a keeper![/b][/color][/size][/center]

[i]Username |[/i]

[center][either put CONCEPT CHARACTER or the existing character's thumbnail linking to their cert/uncert here][/center]

[u]Character Info[/u]

[i]Gender |[/i]

[i]My name is |[/i] 
[i]My gypsy name is |[/i]
[i]I am |[/i] [specify whether you are going for contested position(s) and which or (if you are an existing character) you just want to participate in the ORP]
[i]And a little blurb about me is |[/i]

[i]What idea(s) do you strongly recommend be implemented for The Aerial Supply Corps (TASC)? |[/i]

[i]How would you react to the opportunity of being a team member of a joined force to put your recommendation into play in TASC? |[/i]

[i]Link to a RP post in the ORP that's 100-250 words |[/i]
[i]Optional links to additional RP posts in the ORP to reach a total minimum of 1000 words |[/i]

Any additional notes: Thank you for this neat application opportunity for plot supplementation! ^u^

c: Also, I am certainly open to suggestions for how I may improve this plot through concept, presentation, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:02 am
edit 11/25/15: removed the divine spirit from the forum since I've got a b'alam already in mind for her.

A New Story Begins •••
Your SN: CaliWolfe

Give your plot a title: A Divine Beginning

What is the general idea of this plot: The Kisiwa Ya Nafsi are a colony-to-be of isolated b'alam who live on an island, unaware that other b'alam exist in the world. They invest their beliefs into the idea that instead of a single sole creator of the world (Milintica) that the world was created by three primary Great Spirits known as Yomshayeli, Inyonka and Dunia. These spirits have no singular form and are instead thought to be the element they represent itself. So the rain, the sea, the mud, etc is all thought to be the Inyoka. The air, the breath of life when awakening for the first time, the wind, is all thought to be Yomshayeli. The earth, the rocks, the stones and dirt is thought to be the Dunia. Additionally, each living creature awakes with a piece of one of these great spirits within them and throughout their lives they work to please the spirit and be granted great power from doing such (awaken as a magus in other words).

The colony is in it's very beginning stages, formulating around the idea that the first to awaken on their island- the Divine Spirit, is their grand leader. With her help and the aid of a trio of council b'alam who oversee all roles within the colony they are slowly building themselves up, all the while instilling belief in the great spirits as they go.

Roles are divided into three sectors, Physical, Mental and Spiritual. Depending on what the rank is considered to be under depends on which leader b'alam would go to if they had a problem or question.

Divine Follower - One of the trio of council members who oversees all Spiritual duties within the colony. Additionally, they would have been the second to awaken on the island and are close friends with the Divine Spirit.

Lead Scholar - One of the trio of council members who oversees all Mental duties within the colony.

Other Members - Other members to fill out the ranks within the colony are also needed. Scribes, Hunters, Gatherers, Storytellers, Dancers, etc.

What limitations should we consider? The island where they live is too hot for ice tribe members to survive. Also, it is preferred that pelts are designed after tropical themes but that is not required, as they are not going to discriminate against any b'alam with odd pelt colors.

- I would prefer if the divine follower and lead scholar were of the water or fire tribes.

Do you have a plot thread established? Here.

How will you be giving these out? The Divine Follower and Lead Scholar will be large scale, kind of like the FC contests. The rest of the members will be given out in more laid back game or prompt response contests.

Any additional notes: Nope.  

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Rosencranz

Devoted Husband

13,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am
A New Story Begins •••
Your SN: Rosencranz

Give your plot a title: Followers of the Moon

What is the general idea of this plot: This plot is effectively about Moon Worshippers. Moon Shine, a Water Triber, has a very strong belief that the Moon is where the Grand Weaver lives, that the tides are tied to the moon, and that the stars in the sky are Spirits ready to be Woven into Life, or whom have returned to the Grand Weaver and are preparing to be Woven back into Life. Essentially, Moon Shine would travel and follow the moon, while also gathering precious gemstones and herbs. She would also try to find others like her, and recruit them to join her. Water Tribe or not, she doesn't care.

They gather herbs and gemstones, and charge them in the full moonlight. Once charged, these items hold special properties that can then be applied to potions and salves that the group can then use to help heal other B'alam of various injuries. Not only that, but some of the stones hold more passive properties when charged, such as bringing better luck or helping with love. The group would be the equivalent to Wiccans/Witches, whichever people prefer to call them IRL. Very connected to the Earth, very spiritual, and very eccentric. They would dress akin to Gypsies, with lots of precious jewelry that they would most likely make on their own - usually bracelets or necklaces strung with gemstones.

Materials don't mean much to them. Mostly because they travel all the time, but also because they do not see much need for them. The most they carry on them is clothes and tents, along with all their herbs and gems. They would most likely travel rivers, at least in the beginning, and would trade jewelry for any materials they might need, and even for food.

Storytelling is very important to them because that is how they share their heritage. Word of mouth is the best way to give information, and they do not write down stories. They do, however, write down ingredients lists and the like whenever they find something new, that way they can pass those down easier. After all, some small details are easy to forget, such as one stalk of lavender as opposed to a bushel. Measurements, mostly.

The Healer/Leader (we have Moon Shine for that~)
The Protege Healer
The Storyteller
The Gatherer
The Hunter
The Followers (2 - 3, or more, other Followers of the Moon; it is completely up to you guys smile )

What limitations should we consider? Nothing, really. Although, I would prefer the initial group to be based around precious gemstones and the like. I feel like that would be really nice smile But other than that, this is not tribe specific. They do not discriminate against anyone.

Do you have a plot thread established? No, but I can totally make one! I just wanted to see some feedback first

How will you be giving these out? A raffle, of course! Maybe a roleplay raffle, or a personality raffle. Not entirely sure yet. But it would definitely be a free raffle open to everyone, even staff razz

Any additional notes: Even if this doesn't get picked, I would like some feedback on it if possible >.< I just want to know what I do and do not need to flesh out for a plot thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:55 pm
A New Story Begins •••
Your SN: Libra15

Give your plot a title: The Carta

What is the general idea of this plot: The Carta is a group of seven B’alam, one from each Tribe. They were especially created by The Grand Weaver for a simple purpose, to map out the lands. Each Carta are very skilled in drawing, and are tasked with taking creating a very detailed map of their own Tribe lands. Then, about once a month, the group gather together in the heart of the world to combined their creations together and form one large map. From there, they each take their copy and then continue on, mapping out new areas and such.

Eventually you would think their task would come to an end, but with the world still ever growing, and new Colonies forming on what seems a daily basis, their job will never officially be over. Yes, there may be some slow points when they finish for a while, but then another Colony may spring up, or a new land discovered, and they are right back at it again.

What characters are needed? One Carta for each Tribe, so a total of 7:
Earth Carta
Fire Carta
Water Carta
Wind Carta
Ice Carta
Light Carta
Dark Carta

What limitations should we consider? The Carta may live normal lives so long as they don't forget their task at hand.They are free to do as they please along their way of mapping out the lands.

Do you have a plot thread established? The Carta

How will you be giving these out? An open role - play contest

Any additional notes: I wish for all the Carta to be identical with the execption of base color, tribe, and gender. Their base color I wish to be a color that represents their Tribe (Black for Dark...white for light...blue for water...and so on) and then the genders are just as you please. But the most important thing is that they all have the exact same markings. They don't have to be complex or anything, but something that signifies the markings you may find on a map.

Refrance

I know Veneur is complex but that's just for an idea. The markings can be much more simplified. I wish to personally keep the Fire Carta however and request that he be a male with the base color of Red/Dark Red.  

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:19 pm
A New Story Begins •••
Your SN: Zakiax

Give your plot a title: The Abnormal Festival Expansion

What is the general idea of this plot: Basically to gain a few more characters for this colony as well as give the colony a push into finding their second homeland area.

What characters are needed? Two messengers, one of wind and one of dark tribe. These are needed so that the word of their 'carnival' gets out there.

3 fire tribe cubs. These cubs will become the reason that the colony will become aware of the differences between fire and ice tribes and will need to establish a second home so that these cubs can be comfortable. These cubs once they grow to adult hood will be the ones who will run the southern homelands when the rest of the council is away in the north.

1 Female Leader is needed for lead positon of the Entertainers. Perferably earth tribe, but other tribes will work as long as it is not an ice or a fire tribe member as they will need to travel north and south with the rest of the colony. This member of the colony will be on the council and will have a say in what happens in the colony and will need to be active in the colony. The owner of this balam will have to be very active around the shop and colony.

Other Characters; These would be helpful, but not really needed to support the future plots of this colony. Yes in the long run we will need more members, but first we need to finish establishing the colony before we do anything else.

What limitations should we consider? Mainly specified above, however i would like them FNAF themed, no cosplays of the characters though. i'm mainly looking for spooky theme park themed balam here.
If you wish to add edits I will leave that up to you, though this is not needed.

Do you have a plot thread established? Yes here

How will you be giving these out? Rp contest for all of the main characters. If other characters are thrown in then a personality contest.

Any additional notes: Nothing that I know of, though if you have any questions about anything please let me know. Also if these does get chosen I will compensate you guys o3o.

Realm of the B'alam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games