Submit

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:32 am
I have absolutely no idea where my life is going, and lately it's started to feel like a ******** of bad choices.
I'm 1/8 of the way through my first year in 6th form and I'm seriously struggling, I've had phone calls home from all four of my subject teachers about how concerned they are and I've been told to my face by some of said teachers that they don't think I'll pass my A-levels, I have a metric tonne of homework every week, (sometimes more cus I get sick a lot and I get sent stuff I need to do to catch up) I have to juggle said homework, the 5 hours a week my subject teachers expect me to do outside of class (and I only get 3 free periods a week where I have the resources to do most of it) and helping out my mum at home because neither of my sisters can be bothered to get off their asses to help her and my school keeps prattling on about mandatory "leisure activities" and I'm just sat here wondering WHEN I'll have time for that.
I chose four subjects: English Literature, History, Law and Design and Technology, all of which are subjects I THOUGHT I loved.
The reading part of Lit is fine, but the coursework is a nightmare.
Product Design is hell, it was hell last year but I enjoyed it in the end and I thoght I knew where I'd gone wrong, apparently not though.
History is fine, I just have issues with organisation.
Law is awesome, but it's the most confusing thing I've ever had to think about with so many acts, dates and cases to remember, I feel like everything went in one ear and came out the other no matter how hard I try to absorb it.

In short, school's going to hell in a handbasket.

So I decided to consider other options, I tried applying for college instead, but it's too late for any of them to take me, it's also too late for me to change my current subjects, I can't drop out because the law says I have to stay in education until I'm 18.
So my mum suggested I join the Navy, she thinks it'd be more suited to me and I'd do well.
So we had a look at jobs there, and I decided to look into engineering.
If I fill out an application now, I could be training and stuff by Christmas.
But my mum got called into the school, and they talked me into staying to finish y A-levels first, lest I'd be "wasting" my talent.
So I'm still in 6th form, and still struggling.

I recently got a letter about a GCSE re mark I requested and paid for myself, because I got a D and I was one mark away from a C, I got the re mark back, and they took 3 marks off so it's still a D, so I may as well have thrown that money down the drain and been no worse off.

I'm starting to ramble a bit, so long story short it made me start wondering if I was making the right kinds of choices.
And I've got family members asking if the Navy was my idea or I'm just being pressured into it, so I've started to doubt it myself.
I feel stuck, I have no idea where to go from here, I used to have big plans for my life but now I don't know what I want anymore and I just want time to stop.
On worse days, I've decided I wouldn't mind dying, and convinced myself nobody would miss me, then berate myself for being pathetic.

A little help here?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:09 am
I don't live in the states, I don't know all the options that you can have...

However, if you spend too much time helping your mom, talk about it with her. Someone has to give some discipline to your others sisters. If it doesn't work, at least your mom and you have tried.

When you struggle at school, besides having more time to study, it's to understand well in class. Ask questions to your teacher when you don't understand something.

When you don't know what to do next in your life, at my school they have career counseling service where you answers a bunch of multiple choice question, to see what are your main interests and skills that fit in which career.
Of course, you need to find time for this.

You can always try to apply to the Navy or other programs at college, to see if you get accepted, and try the program, see if you like it in the first 2 weeks of school, if you dislike drop out before the due date for dropping classes without charges, and you get your tuition money back.

Otherwise, take a year off, find a job, work and take the time to think about what you would like to study.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:17 am
XxAriaxX

However, if you spend too much time helping your mom, talk about it with her. Someone has to give some discipline to your others sisters. If it doesn't work, at least your mom and you have tried.

When you struggle at school, besides having more time to study, it's to understand well in class. Ask questions to your teacher when you don't understand something.

When you don't know what to do next in your life, at my school they have career counseling service where you answers a bunch of multiple choice question, to see what are your main interests and skills that fit in which career.

You can always try to apply to the Navy or other programs at college, to see if you get accepted, and try the program, see if you like it in the first 2 weeks of school, if you dislike drop out before the due date for dropping classes without charges, and you get your tuition money back.

Otherwise, take a year off, find a job, work and take the time to think about what you would like to study.

I don't live in the states either sweatdrop
My mum's tried to discipline my sisters but nothing works, one of them threatens to cut herself hen she doesn't get her way and the other just doesn't care or learn from her punishment.

I've started asking my teachers, but that often results in being given more work to do, which doesn't help my workload problem sad

and as for the Navy, I've sent in an application, just waiting on a response biggrin
My school just insists you do A-levels and go to uni, it's a bit crappy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:08 am
emiri-chou
XxAriaxX

I don't live in the states either sweatdrop
My mum's tried to discipline my sisters but nothing works, one of them threatens to cut herself hen she doesn't get her way and the other just doesn't care or learn from her punishment.

I've started asking my teachers, but that often results in being given more work to do, which doesn't help my workload problem sad

and as for the Navy, I've sent in an application, just waiting on a response biggrin
My school just insists you do A-levels and go to uni, it's a bit crappy

Having good grades helps to get admitted to any programs, and competitive program. If you don't have good grades, you just have less options. Do your best to pass your classes.

I have a friend that had bad grades and so she couldn't get admitted in education at university. What she does, is to do a minor in linguistic and do her best to have good grades then switch program after. Because universities and college look at your grades that are more recent, if the program is not that competitive you can get in.

There's always a way to get what you want except for competitive program like medicine, dentistry, pharmacy they are really picky and pick the best among the best.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am
People often do better in University cause they get to take a lot of more of what they want and less what they are forced.

Try to finish your classes, take a gap year and then apply to colleges after you figured out who you want to be, or if you decide you don't need education to pursue it go another route.

Schools have the wrong attitude to not tell you about other options. Devalue the trades...ect.

So take the time to figure it out and things will get better.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games