• Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:02 pm
One of You
Pwnder

Thanks heart

That pretty much sums it up though.

Even the tiered rewards spending generates that dopamine sensation to even non gold gen users.

Spend $50 to reach the top tier, ,all new items (only the new ones, some are simply re-releases) "will not be sold again" They are unique and that is special, but you have to choose wisely.

Each tier has it's own rewards and they are all just as enticing. Not to mention the fact that the Cash sale is always going on so you don't even have to spend $50, just $37.50 to get (what Gaia prices @) $50 worth of cash shop items, on top of the rewards.

Then they discount items in the Cash shop randomly, so if you catch it at a great time you are going to get an F-ton of items from the reward tiers and the discounted cash and items, jeeze! It really is hard to pass up. It's like going into the super discounted clothing store with only $100, getting like 70% off of everything and walking out with a full new wardrobe!! That s**t can get addicting xp

Still the fact remains that all of this is just PIXELS! We aren't getting anything tangible with our money other than gas tanks running on E for most of the week and partially paid bills that keep catching up with us.

A lot of people are missing the little trick to their spending tiers too, and it really is a smart play so I applaud them for it. Each tier is an even increment of 10's and 5's, but when have you seen anything in the CS for an even 10 or 5 amount? Never! That is why you can purchase $20 GC and spend 1999gc on an item, but you still have that 1gc left to get your reward! so what do you do? if you are lucky you have a couple extra GC left over and you just go to the gold shop and buy the cheapest crap item for GC instead of gold OR, you have to buy another increment of GC in the payments page. Or do a quick free Gaia cash offer wink
They are totally getting what they want out of this.

Even if you set a budget for yourself and you reach just one tier, the next one is sooo close and the GC is on sale, so it's hard to resist not spending a couple of more bucks. Like I said before, it really is a smart play. To bad they couldn't think of this before they decided that gold gens were the best option. Too bad they couldn't just keep MCs the LQI's or just create a higher priced MC along with the typical Thank You Letters.

They just done everything bass ackwards and screwed it up to a point that they can't go back from emotion_facepalm

I completely agree on all counts! The GC sales are good, but when you combine that along with "never to be released again" items (some of them VERY nice) in the spending reward tiers AND a nice sale in the cash shop, it's pretty hard to pass up.

I mean seriously? Mini Angel Wings; Angelic Sash; Golden Laurels; Angelic Pendant; Angelic Anklets; Angelic Bracelet; Mini Astra Angel Wings for $31.99??? Discounted from 39.99, of course. Which is around $25 real cash (due to the cash sale) AND some sweet tier rewards for buying something that many members wanted anyway? Yeah. Pretty hard to pass up.

But you're right: It's all just pixels, but I suppose that it's up to the individual whether or not to spend that twenty-five bucks. Though I'm sure there are many, many, MANY individuals that spend a lot more than that. One look at the tier items in the MP will clue anybody into that real fast.

In addition, there are items like the Mystery Ticket that was available for one day for $899. Yeah. 899 bucks! Yet, someone bought it and then listed/listed/listed/relisted for anywhere between 250T to 350T until their listing was finally gone. I'm sure they accepted a trade for no less than 200T from somebody (whom was most certainly a GC buyer) and they profited greatly. Depending on one's definition of profitting, I suppose.

I would be in divorce court if I spent $899 for pixels. Yet, at least one person did....

rolleyes

There is no way in hell I could buy a pixelated item that is worth the majority of my bills for the month emotion_facepalm
But yeah, I've seen it, items from the first few tiers in the MP are not that expensive, which shows how many people are forkin out cash.

Man, to those who would even purchase that amount of pixelated fakeness, I wanna punch those people in real life, because they obviously don't understand real life, at least from my lower middle class standard, which I'm sure many other people here are classed in, or lower. It's kind of insulting to even see those things in the MP and know that someone bought it/blew it. emo

I'm a bargain shopper so even $20 is more than I'd like to spend. If items remained at like under $8 in the CS after buying 10GC @ 30% discount I can accept that much. A year ago we rarely saw items in the CS over 1499GC. I don't even think that there is anything in the CS for 49GC anymore like there used to be. sad
Gaia really needs a discount store, like crap that is worth under 99GC only

I think they should turn Meka Neko (Neko=Cat=[Animal]) into an animal item shop and Roccoco into that under 99GC shop. wink
Just makes sense.

I really wish they would do something with Denier Cri emo  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 pm
Pwnder
One of You

I completely agree on all counts! The GC sales are good, but when you combine that along with "never to be released again" items (some of them VERY nice) in the spending reward tiers AND a nice sale in the cash shop, it's pretty hard to pass up.

I mean seriously? Mini Angel Wings; Angelic Sash; Golden Laurels; Angelic Pendant; Angelic Anklets; Angelic Bracelet; Mini Astra Angel Wings for $31.99??? Discounted from 39.99, of course. Which is around $25 real cash (due to the cash sale) AND some sweet tier rewards for buying something that many members wanted anyway? Yeah. Pretty hard to pass up.

But you're right: It's all just pixels, but I suppose that it's up to the individual whether or not to spend that twenty-five bucks. Though I'm sure there are many, many, MANY individuals that spend a lot more than that. One look at the tier items in the MP will clue anybody into that real fast.

In addition, there are items like the Mystery Ticket that was available for one day for $899. Yeah. 899 bucks! Yet, someone bought it and then listed/listed/listed/relisted for anywhere between 250T to 350T until their listing was finally gone. I'm sure they accepted a trade for no less than 200T from somebody (whom was most certainly a GC buyer) and they profited greatly. Depending on one's definition of profitting, I suppose.

I would be in divorce court if I spent $899 for pixels. Yet, at least one person did....

rolleyes

There is no way in hell I could buy a pixelated item that is worth the majority of my bills for the month emotion_facepalm
But yeah, I've seen it, items from the first few tiers in the MP are not that expensive, which shows how many people are forkin out cash.

Man, to those who would even purchase that amount of pixelated fakeness, I wanna punch those people in real life, because they obviously don't understand real life, at least from my lower middle class standard, which I'm sure many other people here are classed in, or lower. It's kind of insulting to even see those things in the MP and know that someone bought it/blew it. emo

I'm a bargain shopper so even $20 is more than I'd like to spend. If items remained at like under $8 in the CS after buying 10GC @ 30% discount I can accept that much. A year ago we rarely saw items in the CS over 1499GC. I don't even think that there is anything in the CS for 49GC anymore like there used to be. sad
Gaia really needs a discount store, like crap that is worth under 99GC only

I think they should turn Meka Neko (Neko=Cat=[Animal]) into an animal item shop and Roccoco into that under 99GC shop. wink
Just makes sense.

I really wish they would do something with Denier Cri emo

I know! I absolutely cringed when I saw that item for sale at that price, yet, at the same time, I thought to myself: "Self, somebody is going to buy that." And they most certainly did.

Like yourself, I could never bring myself to spend that kind of money for pixels under any circumstance. That's one of the reasons I was so relentless against that person that got 133T in the scandalous transaction with Gaia. That person already had a s**t-ton of gold, and none of it added up outside of spending a LOT of money on GC.

But that's an aside. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I had thrown that much money away for nothing. For me, pixels are nothing.

Yet, like you mentioned, a fair price for items (even in cash) isn't that bad of a thing. But almost a thousand bucks?????? Yet, people will buy. At least one person did. And don't even get me started on that dreadful "Win Gaia" bundle. Boy, that thing pissed me off.

At the end of it all, I find myself wanting to support Gaia again. I'm fearful that their newfound involvement with the community might just be a ploy, especially given how awful Gaia admin and staff were to us for quite a while. But, Gaia is offering incredible bundles combined with the other things we mentioned that actually are fair for a wise consumer. But within reason?

The question is and will seemingly remain what is reasonable anymore?

Love your idea for the Meka Neko and Roccoco shops! I never really understood the need for Roccoco in the first place, especially given the dreadful Verge shop.

I wish D*C and CrossStich would somehow become sister stores!

Perhaps good questions for next week's AtS? emo  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:27 pm
Searching through old staff updates, I noticed that the announcement on removing gold generators received 197 tips, while the announcement on their restoration received 231.

When they're talking about the users who support gold gens, they might bring up the responses on those two announcements.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:46 pm
I just wanted to say thank you to the revaluation Gaia anon. Has anyone else gotten anoned by them.  

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:41 am
Alexius08
Searching through old staff updates, I noticed that the announcement on removing gold generators received 197 tips, while the announcement on their restoration received 231.

When they're talking about the users who support gold gens, they might bring up the responses on those two announcements.

That's....actually very interesting. Still, that's slightly more people, not an overwhelming majority. They also mentioned those who 'supported the site monetarily'. They may be picking out of a sample of the population that tends to buy GCash.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 am
Alexius08

I think I might've been one of those tippers, because some action about it, however small, is always worth celebrating. but eh there could be a number of reasons for that higher number.

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 am
Im going to celebrate Halloween as I always do. Stick to some G.O. events. But even the events are too sucky these days now. And look at what LaVictory pulls off? Sales, more limited items, (not they're putting date limmits on them too) and these new Tiers. (I even tried them out a few times too) I don't mind the tiers except that they put a too strict date limit on that. And they're still selling more stupid gold generators as usual. Even that Golden Pumpking adds were annoying. And I just don't get these forum battles. They did this stuff last year and the Jack team ending up loosing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:49 pm
Gumby Ningata
I just wanted to say thank you to the revaluation Gaia anon. Has anyone else gotten anoned by them.

I just logged in to find an awesome surprise waiting for me too! Thanks R:G Anon. You made my day! biggrin  

Herdez

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces