Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Endless Plains
[PRP] Under the sky so Blue. ( Mordecai x Kuwa 'Raver')

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:30 pm
Total Word Count

Site Used: http://www.wordcounter.net/
Kuwa "Raver": --- words
Mordecai: --- words
Total: --- words

Mordecai peacefully laid across the branches of a plain tree. The leaves where a wonderful source of shade from the pain heat. Which had coxed the B'alam into a pleasent nap.

Stretching out on the uneven branches, releasing a yawn the Tahtill strightened from his lazy state. Stepping down the trunk of the tree, a paw reached out to step on the vary branch that had helped up in the tree countless times. This time, however the claculating Balam didn't take in considering the snapping he had heard while climbing up the tree. Which would have helped inform the dazy Ba'lam that the branch would gave away under his weight.

*POP* *Snap!* *CRACK*

In an instant, time seemed to freeze for the Tahtill. In a second instant the ground was level with the B'alam. A cloud of dust jumped up in excitement, as if to praise the heavy landing.

Blinking, Mordecai's head quickly rose. Shaking the daze off of him, ears quickly flicked about. For the first time, he expranced the dreaded feeling of 'embarrassment'. Quickly looking around, Mordecai rose even faster to all fours. Turning around he quickly surveyed to make sure no one had seen such a act.

Releasing a breath, the Plains seemed clear. As clear as the blue sky...green eyes rose to take a look at the wonderious sight. Taking a moment in time, Mordecai slowly sat back on his hunches.

It was so amazing...so amazing, in fact for even the lazy bones to stop and enjoy.

DarkenWoodWolf
let me know if it's okay or not...<3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:44 pm
User Image

Kuwa banked in the high winds, circling over the plains below with a smile. It was a good day to be able to fly. The wind was roaring this high up and she loved it. Of course, she had to get closer to the ground if she wanted to spy anything shiny, but right at that moment, she just enjoyed lazily circling above some trees. Kuwa didn't spot anyone else on the plains at that moment, so she dropped down lower, skimming the tall grass before swooping back up into the air with a laugh. It was just fun.

She heard the sharp crack of a tree limb breaking, something she was intimately familiar with having broken as many as she had. With a grin, she flew over to investigate, just in time to see one of the Earth Tribe scrambling to get back on his feet after apparently falling out of the tree. Trilling a laugh, she dove, landing hard behind him and kicking up dirt as she skidded to a stop.

Kuwa, or Raver as she would introduce herself to him, grinned and kept her wings flared, ready to take flight if she needed to. Not everyone was as friendly as her tribe was. "What'chu looking at?" She fluffed her feathers, not sure whether she should mention him falling out of the tree or not. Maybe save that for later, and tease him about it then.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Everything looks good except it needs to be Kuwa 'Raver' for the name of my B'alam in the title smile

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:53 pm
Mordecai's ears flick and turned about as at first he sensed another, then heard the landing.

A tail flick, B'alam quickly made it to his paws. Quickly turned about, Mordecai's tail puffed to the sudden arrival of another. A winged, other.

Hunching, a fur ridge peaked as brown toes slowly inched back. Wide seaweed eyes servayed the wings before slowly relaxing. Puffed tail sweeped behind him. Slowly legs lowered and he sat himself back down in the tanned grass.

She didn't seem to be a threat....

Suddenly the Nahtil's words caught the golden Tahtil's ears, which caused them to flatten in thought.

What was he looking at? Turning his head he looked towards the sky, but wait did this curious Balam mean, now?

"...A vary vibrant, and startling thing." The Balam stated with a little sniff...it wasn't that he hadn't seen another Balam, not to mention Nathil before-but certain she was the first, that was so vary brightly pelted.

DarkenWoodWolf
opps! Lol silly me, thanks for pointing that out. *fixed*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:09 pm
Kuwa grinned as the other B'alam turned around to look at her, tail fluffing out in surprise. She spread her wings a bit, fluffing them up so they looked a little bigger than they were. She was ready to take off at a moments notice, if she needed too, but she didn't think she would need too.

He seemed to be nice enough. Nice enough to pay attention to her at any rate. His answer caught her unawares, though, shocking a loud laugh out of her. "I guess I am that. Did I startle you?"

She chuckled a little at the thought, because he didn't seem particularly startled by her, or her appearance. She'd never met and Earther before, so this was new territory for her. It wad fun, and new, but fun most of all. Kuwa could spend all day flying and not have this much fun. She twitched her tail back and forth, amusement plain.

"If I did, I'd say you are pretty easy to startle. Is that why you fell out of the tree?"

[ Radical Dreamer ]

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:02 pm
Caliwolfe
Let me know if the color is too bright

Gold wide eyes, danced around the maroon and pink feathers that puffed at him. He had seen somewhat of a reaction from a bird he had startled in a tree before. However-it was really odd seeing it from another that seemed to look a lot like him, but had wings? Sticking from its back. I mean, how did she get into trees to sleep-with those puffy things...

No doubt it was at vary least, bothersome.

Mordecai's fur started to relax as the other b'alam spoke. His bouncing and circling gaze found her eyes after a moment. His own relaxed in a half open state, one could say it's natural looking 'brude' or 'bored' state.

"I was just...." Mordie started, with a turn of his head he tired to think of something better then 'startled'. His tail flicked in thought, well he did say it-poor 'alarmed' word choice on his part.

He let the thought drop as the other brought up him falling out of the tree, his head slowly turned to look back at the Nahtil.

"I didn't 'fall', I was taken unawares as the branch broke from underneith me." Mordecai stated with a subtle provision. Not wanting to admit he did 'fall' reguardless...after all that is what happens when you drop any kind of height.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:10 pm
DarkenWoodWolf
Hey I am gonne wrap this up for Mordie and get my 1,000 words. However if you want to contuine just post again; but if not, I am closing it off. Thank you.

But then I realized I had quoted the wrong person on my pervious post....I am sorry. Please disreguard, and post in responce if you are interested in still doing so. Sorry again.

Mordecai's green gaze squinted as the Natil watched him and had commented on how he fell. Tail tip flicked and twitched. With a grand sweep of it Mordecai set back down own his golden hunches. Whiskers angled forward and nose graced the air in a sniff. Nose turned to take on a wrinkle as reluntantly a yawn started to take his maw. Gums stretched back and white teeth shown themselves at a glisten. Ruby tounge rolled from it's keep as a heavy breath left the Tahtil.

A yawn, as unwanted as it was, was what left him. Mordecai had just woken from a nap after all. He was still tired.

Picking up a paw, the Tahtil moved it to his maw and with a grooming lick the large animal started to clean between his padded toes. taking care to remove all wood and splinter from it's crevious. Closing his eyes he took to the delicat work quite delicately.

"Well,'brightly-colored startling thing'..." Mordecai released in a breath, his paw replaced it's self on the plain grass under him.

"It's been nice." The Tahtil stated and with a subtle move, the B'alam rose to his paw s. The lay-about, found that taking another more wisely choosen place for a nap would be a better idea. Turning himself, Mordie's tail moved around to follow him in motion. Grass between his tose and with a fresh taken breath, the lazy Tahtil took for a unborhtersome journey. Perhaps a large rock would make a better bed. yes....One that had been perfectly warmed by the afternoon sun. Now that did sound like a treat for the dozy Nahtil...

Yes. He could see it now, a large big rock smooth and perfect with the just right amount of curves. Perfect for snuggling one's cat-like body in the creavious. wonderful to sharpen one's claws on, in a relaxing mid-nap stretch. Solid enough to sharpen and not dull.

Raising his head, Mordie flicked his chin in the air just a bit. The idea of another nap was tantlizing, though just as he mawled over the idea of it in his mind, his stomach spoke up. Pausing in step, fround left paw rose and his head tilted down to look at his tan fuzzed chest.

Food....

Right, He hadn't ate since late last sunrise. In fact, he had been in that tree in the first place to find good pray on the horizon. Funny how one could easily drift asleep while eagerly on duty. How one's eyes seem to get heavy and how easily sleep falls on them.

"Hmmm." Was all that left the tahtil as his front paw stretched out in ventered step and carried himself on his away. Pehraps it would be wise to find something to eat, that was if he did fall asleep first.

Oh well, which ever came first....

After all it was all 'bothersome' in the end.
( Word Count: 1,005 )  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:39 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
I'd like to continue if you don't mind.

Kuwa narrowed her pink eyes a little, a smirk curling at her lips. Smoothing her wings down absently, she tilted her head. "So, I did startle you." Smugly, she took a few steps forward. She always liked it when she got a chance to scare someone, spook them with a rustle of wings and a sudden appearance.

"You fell." She snickered. Caught unaware when the branch broke literally translated into falling. "At least that is a better reason that being startled, though. I've never had a branch break under me before. What's it like? Is it like flying?" Kuwa tilted her head for a second. "You wouldn't know the answer to that, would you? You don't have wings."

Kuwa looked up at the tree again, thinking that she wouldn't have landed on it, the branches were just to thin, even for her. She's heard somewhere that as a wind, she was lighter than the other types of B'alam. So, maybe the branches would have held her, but she wouldn't have taken the risk.

"I'm not 'brightly-colored startling thing'. It's Raver." She rolled her eyes a bit, watching him yawn. "I'm sure it's been 'nice'. It could be nicer, you know, if you didn't just wander off." She flapped her wings, sending herself airborne for a step or two, following the male. Kuwa kept her wings flared a bit, letting the wind slow her down as she followed. "So, where are you going? And--" She laughed musically as his stomach growled.

"Are you going hunting, do you want to go hunting? We could hunt together. It would be fun." She hadn't eaten anything that day, so she was a bit peckish herself. Kuwa hadn't ever hunted with anyone else, but she thought it would be fun. One on the ground, one in the air. Prey wouldn't stand a chance!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:10 pm
DarkenWoodWolf
Wonderful! I am glad to hear. Thank you!

Mordecai's paused step, ventured to take another one. Just as it touched the field, the other rose in step-which just to happened the brightly colored startling thing, made a strange sound. Brown ears flicked back, as a brow forwarded. What was that sound? Before more could be poundered, his tail tip flicked in responce to her coupled words: ' you fell'.

A breath paused though the tan nostril's of the Tahtil. He easily could disagree, which he had-but just as then it fazed the other none. Which, in turn would proved that quarlling the point would still be: bothersome.

Ears twitched once more as the Nahtil contuined to speak. Make sounds as it seemed. One, he to his undying 'thill' could understand. One sound, did stand out to him, however: 'flying'...

Interesting, is that what the birds of the air did? Of course, it is what made them so bothersome to catch...

"Correct..." Mordecai answered turning his head just a little, to show a sliver of his green gaze to the other.

'He wouldn't know...'

A breath released from him, as the Weaver seemed to poke at his innards. Like something inside him, urged him to be....nice.

A brown striped tail, swished as if to bat the feeling away...

Fine.

Taking in a breath, it was like preparing one's self to dropping off a ledge.

"...perhaps it more like a 'uncontrolled crash', rather then your 'controlled' one." The Tahtil suggested. After all, weren't all 'landings' just crashes?

Paws turned to stone, as he debated on trying to raise them once more, when ears took in the sound of the Nahtil's name...was it a 'name'? Yes, it seemed right to call a thing such.

"I believe I am called: 'Mordecai' and I also belive it's fair to greet you with such in return." The Tahtil stated, his head lowered to crane it's self slowly to look around his turned body back to 'Raver'.

And another set of words to combat his departure, followed by more words to combat him leaving alone.

Eyes followed the wing one as she used her wings to glide her closer. His head seemed to raise a little with the movement as if guided by a atrached string.

Mordecai's face kept stone with a calculating expression...

"Perhaps, we could, and...maybe." It was calidifying words, that seemed to answer all the giver statements clearly.

He was hungry, and perhaps he would hunt. They could work together, it would be easier, and just maybe...it could be this: 'fun'. What ever that was...

And hmm....

those wings of her's would make it easier to catch something...

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:35 pm
Kuwa smirked, amused by the reaction the male had to her words. He really didn't like to be called out on something so simple as falling, huh? She wouldn't admit it, at least not unless someone saw her do it, but she'd fallen loads a time. It was how you learned to fly, really. Sometimes you just had to hit the ground to learn how to drift with the sky. But, then, that wasn't something she could expect him to know. He didn't have wings, after all.

Tilting her head, she moved a little closer at his agreement to her statement. She hadn't really met anyone else, so it was interesting to see how others reacted to her. Blinking vibrant pink eyes, she studied him, how still he held himself.

Breaking out into amused laughter, she nodded her head. "Aye, I can give you that one. An uncontrolled landing." She flicked her wings out in amusement and settled down a bit, happy to have gotten his name out of all this, at least.

"Mordecai." She said it just so she would remember it later. Kuwa watched him as he watched her, and for a second wondered if it was smart to randomly ask a almost complete strange to hunt with her.

Well, it wasn't like she couldn't get away quickly if need be. Those wings of hers would come in mighty handy if he decided to be mean about things.

Smirking again, she turned and leaped into the tree he'd fallen out of, digging her sharp pink nails deep into the truck and hauling herself up all the way to the top. The tree swayed with her on it, but didn't quite break, though if she stayed there long it would. With a snap, she unfurled her wings and leaped up off the tree, sending herself high as she could before flapping hard to get herself airborne. She circled back over Mordecai and called down to him, "Follow my shadow, and let us find some prey!"

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 pm
Mordie's brown ears flicked back, as the nahtil sent out a wave of laughter at his comment on landings. Was something he said funny? Enough to call such a beast of a sound from the other? Tail whooshed around, as he felt a twinge that he might have missed out on something.

He didn't get it, but it was also true that the tahtil had yet to find a funny bone in his body.

Tilting his head the brown and gold b'alam watched as Raver, the brightly-colored-startling-thing, Spoke his name out loud. He offered a little nod, that was right and it was what he felt he was called.

Ears bounced, and legs ever so slightly lowered his body as Raver launched and crawled her self up in the tree. How it swayed and threatened to snap.

In a shaken instant she was up in the air!

Mordecai's head swiveled and twisted upward to see the miracle of flight from another that almost looked like he. It was nothing short of amazing! Wide eyes followed after the...Raver, and his head couldn't help but nod to her words.

As if being pulled along by a string, slow at first then quickly increasing with speed, Mordie started after her shadow...

DarkenWoodWolf

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:18 pm
Kuwa flapped her wings hard, sending herself higher and higher, spiraling over the spot on the ground where Mordecai was standing. She wouldn't stay that high for that long, but it gave her a good vantage point to see if there was any prey nearby. Seeing something near the river, which wasn't too far off, something that looked tasty, she dropped down lower and glided in that direction.

Mordecai was following her, she could tell, but what would be the best way to capture the gazelle. It was alone, and probably easily startled. So... she swerved around in the air, picking up speed and making sure her shadow fell right on the creature, spooking it and making it jump, looking around.

She passed over the river and circled back, letting out a threatening growl, paws forward like she was going to grab it. Of course, it saw her long before she got close, and bolted in the other direction. Heading straight forward toward Mordecai. Perfect. She grinned, teeth gleaming. This really was fun.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

[ Radical Dreamer ] rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 pm
(Under 5 failure)

Greens eyes watched as Kuwa took off in the sky. Admittedly it was still vary strange to see another that looked like him, but not at the same time, that could fly.

Like a bird in the sky.

Gold and brown shoulders jolted with his body as his paws picked up pace, as he did his best to catch up with the flying B'alam.

Catching the scent on the wind, Mordie's eyes widened and his paws slowed down. There was prey close by, Kuwa most likely could see it. But he..

Eyes took in the tall grass before him, and he lowered himself to the fields. Tail flicked and stilled

Something told him it was just past the wall of grass, slowing down completely to a still stopped. Paws flexed and tail swiveled and angled, readied and poised for balance.

Then he heard it. His time was approaching, he would only get one chance...

Ears angled forward, the sharp rustle of grass the smell of panic in the air.

Then he saw it, hunter instants took over and puppet-ed his body, just as if it was planned from the beginning, Mordie's body sprung into action. Teeth caught up the poor frightened creature, his body whipped around with the motion of the attack. Landing, on the grass, the creature did it's best to scramble from off it's side to gain some ground.

*Crack*

In a bit of applied pressure of Mordicai's maw, the creature was motionless.

DarkenWoodWolf

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:13 am
User Image
Kuwa circled above Mordecai, wind catching in her wings, tilting her off course for a moment. She corrected quickly, though, watching the world below. She could see the prey that the other B'alam was hunting, even if he couldn't. She knew that he was going to catch it, or had faith that he would. If he didn't, well, then she would take care of it. But he did, and she smirked, watching him take it down. Well, that was simple enough.

Deciding she wanted to land softly this time around, she circled on the way down, wings tilted down slightly. She always felt like a vulture when she landed this way. Kuwa preferred to land harder, swift and fast like a falcon. But she didn't want to startle Mordecai again. Didn't know what he would do.

Landing silently in the grass nearby, she folded her wings down and paced over to his side. "That was pretty impressive." She admitted with a grin. "You couldn't even see what you were attacking, could you? I don't hunt that way, but I can see the perks of being able too."

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:47 pm
Mordecai couldn't help, but feel a twinge of sadifaction as he felt the creature go limp under his maw. It had been easier then when he last recalled hunting.

Hmm...

Perhaps it was easier with two, then rather one. Raver did after all help scare up the meal.

Before he could think too much on the kill, Mordie's ears turned toward the nahtill's voice as it broke the silence and the heat of the kill. His tail whipped around him, eyes glance to a nearby tree...It had been custom to take the meal up into the tree, well what he could take with him. But this time was different he wasn't hunting alone, and he would have such a feast admittedly, without her.

Slowly his maw released the meal, as the Nahtill approached and commented on the strike he made.

Licking his maw, he took a step back and seated himself.

"You can't always go by sight alone, down here..." Mordie spoke.

"You can see everything you go after right? You know, up there..." The Tahtll glanced to the sky, which was admittedly a bit intimidating. His tail twitched behind him...

What he meant to say....

"....Thank you. It wouldn't have been done without your help." The Tahtll nodded to the meal, letting her have the first of it.

One confined on the ground, had to stay hidden even it meant not seeing one's prey-but knowing it was there. after all the prey was on the same level of playing field...

(Wc:1847)
Darkenwoodwolf

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

[ RP Zone ] The Endless Plains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items