Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🎭Chatterbox
What do you celebrate during this season?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:02 am
We know that not everyone here lives in America, nor do we all have the same beliefs or celebrate the same holidays.

Educate us on what types of holidays or festivities are celebrated where you are from and what you believe in. This will be a multi cultural educational thread.

For myself, I'm the generic white American girl. This time of year I look forward to Halloween and Thanksgiving. Dressing up and getting candy is so much fun xp
This year I was volunteered by my family to host Thanksgiving, simply because I have a new home emotion_facepalm but whatever. My house isn't nearly big enough for 12 people, so I just went ahead and invited five more anyway, making it 17 emotion_awesome

Now I have to cook he he emo

Thanksgiving in America is based off the fall harvest celebration so it's not a religious holiday or anything. We just eat and party with family and friends like miserable fools for 1 day xp

Isn't the American Halloween based off of the Latino celebration for The Day Of The Dead?
I only know a little of what it's about but I love the pretty painted skulls heart

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 am
Pwnder
This year I was volunteered by my family to host Thanksgiving, simply because I have a new home emotion_facepalm but whatever. My house isn't nearly big enough for 12 people, so I just went ahead and invited five more anyway, making it 17 emotion_awesome

Now I have to cook he he emo

If I were you, I'd make it a potluck and dole out responsibilities to those willing to help. You roast the turkey and fixings, and have everyone else bring an agreed upon dish to pass ... Unless, of course, you're a superb cook and can handle the pressures of doing all the [house] cleaning, cooking, baking and dirty dishes yourself. I know -I- couldn't handle doing all that needs to be done for entertaining 17 [plus] people! gonk sweatdrop

I'm also American, and this weekend is the Pulaski Days Celebration. Being disabled, I usually don't attend all the events, but I am hoping to get some really good Polish food to bring home from our neighborhood Polish Hall.
emotion_drool  

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:07 am
Let me bring some Asia into this thread blaugh
I lived in Japan for a bit and I don't remember anything special happening in this month. But the typical/ideal way to celebrate fall would be to go hiking, admire the coloured leaves, and barbecue mushrooms you picked up along the trail.

In the Philippines we have Halloween, but I've mostly been seeing adults not even dressed up asking you for candy, or families driving around the neighborhood in their cars instead of walking. It's probably just me, but it feels like people are out to grab as much free stuff as they can rather than to have some fun, so I don't really enjoy it. :/

Right after Halloween we have All Souls Day. During that we celebrate the diseased, just like the Day of the Dead. The idea is that your whole family visit the cemetery/ crematorium, if possible all day and preferably overnight as well. There usually isn't school or work on this, or the next, day.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 pm
Typical American white girl here, with Starbucks in tow.

It's October so that means Halloween.
I'm a Christian but I still do the trick or treating thing.
I feel that trick or treating is a harmless fun, God knows your heart.
I'll be dressing up and I'll be dressing up my toddler and dragging him around the neighborhood in his wagon trick or treating.
Not sure what my man will be doing, he might have to go to work.

November means Thanksgiving, so turkey hopefully friend turkey, and tons of food and family.

Christmas in December, We do the gifts under the tree, cookies and beer for santa, food and parties. We always go to my sistes house for the Christmas eve party.

We don't do anything for new years except call in noise complaints from the drunk neighbors and rednecks in the area.
Last year the idiots next door caught my yard on fire with fireworks. =/  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
🎭Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers