• Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:11 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Sooo now they're threatening to close HR wesley with this new kickstarter.

This is effin blackmail is what it is!! emotion_donotwant

I accidentally adblocked the kickstarter and didn't see it until now sweatdrop

I don't know what they are offering in return for donations this time around, but it's not charm packs or anything the majority might scramble for. This just screams to me that they want to shut it down. Is it to prove a point? who the heck knows....
I'm not sure if I want to dump the gold there and find out because I'm partially defiant on this issue emotion_donotwant

what should I do? sad

I donated because if we reach the tiers it means a gold shop update. A gold shop update is a gold sink. *Shrug*

The rewards are alright, a scarf and somethin else for both humans and animals.

In response to the recent deception and manipulation of the marketplace by Gaia Interactive staff I have given away all of my gold and will be wearing only gold shop and free grant items for the next 30 days. Any gold I EARN in that time will be given to charities.

but we never had to donate for gold shop updates in the past 11 years!

Why now? Because admin are using the gold to toss right back into the economy under our noses?? And they need it as part of their wicked plan??

sweatdrop
This is the kind of attitude that their recent actions have instilled in us, as of now.....
If i'm being to negative delete my post before anyone sees it and slap me around if need be. emo

I'm just in a conundrum because I don't like the idea of what they are doing right now. With all the building support for our NPCs and Manga recently, I think that they are trying to take advantage of it all early in the game. I support the plot because it has become a core of Gaia, but now they are putting our NPCs and shops on ransom all of a sudden, just when all of this is happening. I think that they are more clever than the 12 year olds who we think are actually running the site.

-being snotty, angry and upset-
crying

We've never had to pay for a gold shop update, that's true but honestly...maybe we need to now.
The way I see it, right now the only way we'll get gold shop updates is if we pay. They can't NOT do it if we paid for it; even they wouldn't sink that low. Also, I'm at the point where I'm fine with any feature that has those who can pay for it and allows those who can't to still enjoy it. Those of us who can, including myself, (Even having given up all my gold, I earned 5b already. 3b went directly into the last kickstarter and 2b went into this one already.) should sink at least a little gold to contribute towards the global tier that will be enjoyed by everyone.

I'm also taking each kickstarter one at a time depending on what they're for. This one and the last will both be gold sinks upon completion too and I'm all for that.

In response to the recent deception and manipulation of the marketplace by Gaia Interactive staff I have given away all of my gold and will be wearing only gold shop and free grant items for the next 30 days. Any gold I EARN in that time will be given to charities.

I see and understand your point sweatdrop
I still got a lot of doubts though.... Gaia really made an open wound when they did what they did with 133T Gate...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:16 pm
Pwnder

Oh I agree 100%. I'm constantly suspicious now and worried but at this point I don't have enough for them to do any damage with. I'm not using the market...I've made it very clear I'm not supporting them ever again. Kickstarters, however they're intended, can serve a good purpose so I'll keep trying to support the ones that could be beneficial to all. I'm no longer donating to every single one though.

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:31 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder

Oh I agree 100%. I'm constantly suspicious now and worried but at this point I don't have enough for them to do any damage with. I'm not using the market...I've made it very clear I'm not supporting them ever again. Kickstarters, however they're intended, can serve a good purpose so I'll keep trying to support the ones that could be beneficial to all. I'm no longer donating to every single one though.

I still feel like kickstarters indirectly support gold gens though confused
I've spent very very little on Flynns Plunder recently. I got something from there for myself and actively tried to win only 2 other things, those will go to my sink though.

I've already started to sink the gold into guilds, slowly but surely I'll get it all in there. By my calculations 55+ guilds are going to end up with 4b+ donations in the future. sweatdrop

I've been using Loyals Bazaar items to trade with MP users outside. Granted I have to purchase more in Loyal items than their asking price, but I refuse to trade gold on the MP or anywhere emotion_donotwant

I feel like an agnostic vegan at this point because I don't want to be taken advantage of or manipulated anymore, nor do I want to facilitate it towards other users.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, I'm all over the place with emotions and ideas...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:33 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Pwnder

I still feel like kickstarters indirectly support gold gens though confused
I've spent very very little on Flynns Plunder recently. I got something from there for myself and actively tried to win only 2 other things, those will go to my sink though.

I've already started to sink the gold into guilds, slowly but surely I'll get it all in there. By my calculations 55+ guilds are going to end up with 4b+ donations in the future. sweatdrop

I've been using Loyals Bazaar items to trade with MP users outside. Granted I have to purchase more in Loyal items than their asking price, but I refuse to trade gold on the MP or anywhere emotion_donotwant

I feel like an agnostic vegan at this point because I don't want to be taken advantage of or manipulated anymore, nor do I want to facilitate it towards other users.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, I'm all over the place with emotions and ideas...

Same here. That's why I've pretty much abandoned changing my inventory at all. I am buying charms on the exchange though because I do still like gofusion and want to make a few more items for the guild and myself. I was going to sell stuff via the exchange but it's so hard to get a bite!

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 pm
Pwnder

Why now? Because admin are using the gold to toss right back into the economy under our noses?? And they need it as part of their wicked plan??

sweatdrop
This is the kind of attitude that their recent actions have instilled in us, as of now.....
If i'm being to negative delete my post before anyone sees it and slap me around if need be. emo

I'm just in a conundrum because I don't like the idea of what they are doing right now. With all the building support for our NPCs and Manga recently, I think that they are trying to take advantage of it all early in the game. I support the plot because it has become a core of Gaia, but now they are putting our NPCs and shops on ransom all of a sudden, just when all of this is happening. I think that they are more clever than the 12 year olds who we think are actually running the site.

crying

I think we sorta had to pay for our shops (Save our shops event). This was April of 2009. We had the taxes on most of the stores and we got certain items from each Store. It was Moira's Wig Liam's Tank, Edmund's Scar, Sasha's Lei, Ruby's Bonnet and Rufus Cosplay.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 pm
Izzy Derp
Pwnder

sweatdrop

crying

I think we sorta had to pay for our shops (Save our shops event). This was April of 2009. We had the taxes on most of the stores and we got certain items from each Store. It was Moira's Wig Liam's Tank, Edmund's Scar, Sasha's Lei, Ruby's Bonnet and Rufus Cosplay.

That was waaay before Neo Gaia though.
I was there and I've got all the items to prove my donations. but back then it was an event, not something we took seriously as they were actually going to take down all those shops sweatdrop

This time its only one shop and reaching the tiers hasn't always happened in the past, so its like they are using this as a ransom. This time I have no doubt that they will shut it down and transfer all the items elsewhere, where back in the day it was just an event.

At this point do we really expect them to go "ha ha, just kidding! you know we won't shut down a gold shop" emotion_awesome
people will be clamoring "you lied to us asdfhjkl!!"

even if it's the other way around, it's still twisted and wrong confused  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 pm
Javier Cross
Kitalpha Hart
Has anyone noticed that I haven't been around, or am I that invisible?
Been spending more time on Rec

You're getting glitches too!?
That makes two of us, and now I can't see the captchas.
no, I haven't been posting. I hop one once a day for Loyal's, and then off until the next day  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Pwnder
Kitalpha Hart

I noticed cry

I think that a side effect of all Gaia's miserable doings, is that we have come to accept that people that have been around us a majority of the time tend to ultimately veer away at one point in time.

Its not that we dont miss you emotion_hug heart
noticed only because I posted  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:35 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Javier Cross
Kitalpha Hart

no, I haven't been posting. I hop one once a day for Loyal's, and then off until the next day

So are you feeling okay?
Either way, it's still a bloody mess.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 am
Javier Cross
Kitalpha Hart
Javier Cross
Kitalpha Hart

So are you feeling okay?
Either way, it's still a bloody mess.
bloody mess...accurate even here  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:28 am
Pwnder

That was waaay before Neo Gaia though.
I was there and I've got all the items to prove my donations. but back then it was an event, not something we took seriously as they were actually going to take down all those shops sweatdrop

This time its only one shop and reaching the tiers hasn't always happened in the past, so its like they are using this as a ransom. This time I have no doubt that they will shut it down and transfer all the items elsewhere, where back in the day it was just an event.

At this point do we really expect them to go "ha ha, just kidding! you know we won't shut down a gold shop" emotion_awesome
people will be clamoring "you lied to us asdfhjkl!!"
even if it's the other way around, it's still twisted and wrong confused

0h xD I sorta remember that event I was there for it to have all the items as well. TBh I don't remember the even all that well and Just know it happened. But I see your point. And withdraw my comment. I should have had more details on that event before mentioning it  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:44 am
Personally I think the new kickstarter is brillant. Gaia has been very blunt about no longer doing updates and features that don't pay for themselves. And while the gold shop items can be bought with GC, I highly doubt anyone does that. So to make new items 'worthwhile' they either have to convert them all to only GC(very stupid) or they do something to make people need absurd amounts of gold. IE buying GC to get generators or GC items that can be sold to get the gold to put into the saving the shop. THUS! The new shop updates now pay for themselves. It's brilliant really. If you're(Gaia) looking to keep gold items and make money for paying for their creation.  

Love Renewed

KissFreakShandi

Fashionable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:52 am
Maybe you guys can answer a question for me that has been on my mind for a while. I just came back to Gaia in May after a couple years and I've heard that we now have to "pay" for certain events/features on the site. Maybe I'm slow, but I don't understand how this works exactly?

I understand the whole dumping gold into kickstarters to take the gold out of the system to help the economy thing. I just don't understand how paying gaia gold "pays" for an event/feature to be updated.

I hope my question made sense, I just woke up. sweatdrop

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces