Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters
[PRP] Golden Waters (Iladar and Oriana Undine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

The sun shone brightly on the surface of the water as the dark coated male leaped into the cool water. Padding around in a circle, the male known as Iladar debated on which way he should head next. He'd just returned from a trip to the ocean, and while that was nice, it was just a touch to chilly for his taste. Plus, he liked the fresh waters of the rivers and inlets more. Hoping to find himself, and his future mate and family a home, the male spun and dove, heading in the direction of several fresh water inlets he'd passed on his trip back from the ocean.

Pumping his legs, the male broke out into a comfortable speed, happy to be on the move again. He enjoyed their home land, but there were many B'alam there, and he was much more of a solitary soul. He'd of course welcome his soul mate, but for the time being he would travel alone, and find a beautiful home.

Coming up for air, Iladar glanced around, taking in the land surrounding him. He'd made decent progress up the river, but it wasn't the spot he was looking for. Taking a deep breath, the male dove back under the glass surface of the water, heading up stream.

It was time for another adventure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:23 pm
User Image

With her light belly and dark upper coat, the golden-masked female could almost blend into the shallow waters and moss-grown rock. Still, from below her prey couldn't see the distinctive marking, and were yet entranced by the golden orbs on her paws and foolish enough to come closer. As such, the fishing was good, early in the day, but she had long ago had her fill. When the sport of chasing the startled schools had faded, the female had turned her attention to various exercises and entertainments she had long ago designed. While chiefly for her own amusement, they also kept her in fine shape. Oriana Undine paced lazily out of the river's embrace, pausing still ankle-deep in the shallows.

She shook the excess water from her blue-gray coat, flicking droplets free of the tip of her tail. Her white belly was painted gold by the sun's rays draped across the surface of the water, until it matched her mask at least according to her reflection. She considered the female reflected there for a moment, then smiled and moved on. A swift, refreshing swim and a few dives just for the exercise left her in high-spirits and energized for the remainder of the day.

She had no true plan in mind, but wandering along the water's edge was always a good start to the day. Settling on a nearby rock for a moment, Oriana shook her head a bit to clear the lingering water in her ears and then stretched as the sun went to work on drying her coat out. Perhaps she bask for a bit instead, then continue down-river. Her only real friend, Laela, was otherwise occupied today... Which left Oriana on her own. Which she didn't much mind, truth be told. She would be happy with a somewhat quiet life along the water, and didn't need all the chaos a group was likely to bring.

"Which is not to say a little excitement wouldn't be nice..." She murmured to herself. "Or a little company, for that matter..."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm
ZIg-zagging through schools of fish, Iladar continued on his travels up the river, remembering an inlet on his way that made him pause. Breaking the surface of the water to regain is bearings, the male turned to his left and right, remembering a rocky outcropping that he'd turned near. Turning his body back in the direction he came, the dark coated male heard splashing. What awaited him might have been the most beautiful female he'd ever seen.

Grinning widely, Iladar slipped back under the water and slowly paddled in her direction. He was always open to meeting new friends, and the fact she was sitting on the rock he used as a land mark was just gravy. Slowing surfacing, Iladar watched her. She was sunning herself on the rocks, and he decided he was going to have a little fun. Hearing her murmur about excitement and company, the male grinned wider. He was defiantly going to give her both.

Surfacing jut so his eyes and up appeared on the surface of the water, the male kept low. This could either go well, she'd laugh and they'd chat, or she'd freak out and attack him. Ila knew he was fast in the water, so he had an out in case she attacked. Getting as close as the water level would allow,the black male lept from the water and grinned, watching the female.

"You asked for company, My lady?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:27 pm
With an admiring glance to the pale blue sky and the glittering disk of the sun, the female made herself more comfortable in the dark stone. Carefully crossing her paws and allowing her tail to curl to one side, Oriana spared a moment or two to wonder about what Laela was up to... It had to be something quite impressive indeed, that she had gone wandering on her own so early. Sure enough they would meet up later and share the stories of their adventures... But that didn't keep her from wondering about it until then. And as she was settling down to the very serious task of sunning, she could allow her mind to wander.

Of course the first thing that came to mind was that Laela had found herself a new friend. Or perhaps a male that had managed to charm her? If he had, he was charming indeed... Laela certainly wouldn't mind having Oriana witness a confrontation, if he was anything less... Oriana allowed her eyes to drift closed as she tilted her head, basking in the warm sweep of sun that began drying her face and throat.

Abruptly startled out of her thoughts at the sudden appearance of a dark coated male, Oriana jerked slightly and then stared at the stranger in surprise. His words sank in the next moment, and she gave a joyous laugh. What luck was this? Perhaps she would have her own tale to trade with Laela the next time they went wandering together. What luck was this indeed.

"So then, is there one wishing star that lingers even in the brightest of day? How else would such a charming gentleman have found me?" Oriana shook her head, unable to erase her grin. "Indeed I did, kind sir. Please, do join me."

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:52 pm
She was laughing, that was good! Thanking the spirits that she hadn't had a hysterical meltdown, the dark coated male pulled himself from the water and onto the bank. She was even prettier in person, and he couldn't help but smile wider. She was friendly too! Even better for him. Stepping back so as not to get the female wet, Iladar shook himself off, hoping he didn't get her to wet. While he liked swimming, sometimes being dry and warm was just as nice.

"What luck do I have? A beautiful female out on my travels, and so willing to chat! Your mate is a very lucky male!"

There was a slight thud in his chest, a pinch he wasn't quite prepared for when he uttered the word 'mate'. Shaking it off, the male grinned and leaned down for a quick drink of water before lifting his dark head again and smiling widely. "So, m'lady, what brings you out on this fine day?" Shaking his head, the male frowned. "Where are my manners? I am Iladar, it is a pleasure to meet you...?"

~Latonia de la Courtel~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 am
Somewhat thankful she was used to playing various stalk-and-pounce games with cubs she had met in her wanderings, Oriana was pleased indeed she had not yelped or flailed her way off the rock and into the river. She was nearly dry at this point, and the loss of progress would be second only to how foolish the action would have made her feel. Considering he seemed like such a kind male, she'd rather not make a bad impression.

Backing up so he could join her on the rock, Oriana settled herself and wrapped her tail around her paws, giving him another sweet smile as she watched him shake away the extra water. "A wonderful day for a swim, is it not?"

His compliment made her laugh and blush shaking her head. "You flatter me greatly, dear sir. When I am the one who finds myself fortunate at your company. Mate? Not one to be had, I am afraid. While I do have a few dear female friends in this land, they are off with their males today and have left me all alone."

And she was glad they were happy with their mates and cubs and whatnot... But still. It was a little lonely, now.

She gave him a playfully sad look. "I don't suppose I could talk you into passing some time with me? Telling me of your travels, perhaps?"

When he mention manners she mentally scolded herself. "Oh, how right you are. Forgive me as well, Iladar. I am Oriana Undine, just Oriana if you please... And it is most lovely to make your acquaintance."

Silver Metallic Dragon

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

[ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas