Save our plot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 am
Since I have been in this guild I have seen a lot of threads out gold sinks, people leaving, and the hatred of gold gens. I have not seen one person mention something that is important to gaia. That is one of the greatest features of the site and brings many people together. That is the plot, the manga, the stories that sets up events. It has united people and has driven a wedge between them. It is the heart of gaia and it is being shelved once again. There will be only ten pages left and a four panel mini comic. That is it. There were plans to have it be event for Halloween but that has gone down the drain. You guys say you want to make gaia better then please help with this uphill battle. That is what it is, a battle. Gaia does not think the manga important because they can not make money off of it. That is why we must show them that it is important. That we love it and that it should not go away like it did in '09.

These people are trying to fight and it would be appreciated if you guys would too.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 pm
Could you give me a summary of what the plot is? I have never read the manga. But I have seen these Save the Plot threads and mentions so I am curious.  

Love Renewed

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:03 am
Love Renewed
Could you give me a summary of what the plot is? I have never read the manga. But I have seen these Save the Plot threads and mentions so I am curious.
Which story line do you want? There are a few arcs that have been finished and then there is the current storyline that is going on. Also, I am not the best so forgive me for that.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:48 am
Gumby Ningata
Love Renewed
Which story line do you want? There are a few arcs that have been finished and then there is the current storyline that is going on. Also, I am not the best so forgive me for that.
Let's do the current one.  

Love Renewed

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:03 pm
Love Renewed
Gumby Ningata
Love Renewed

It's a bit hectic and a lot of things happened. It's all essentially under 'The Airship Saga' should you decide to look at the manga yourself. But here's the main points from what I understand.

Essentially, ever since Halloween of '09 I believe, two demigods called the Overseer and Sentinel have been turned mortal. They went on a quest to regain their demigod status. Gino Gambino manages to stow away onto their airship and tags along for the ride.

During this time, Johnny Gambino gets assassinated (presumably for real this time). Turns out that the Kuro Clan (made up of dark elves) is trying to get rid of the Gambino bloodline in order to summon Nyx, one of Gaia's sons that has been banished for a long time.

In order to assure that there are no more Gambinos, the Kuros hire both Zhivago (who works on his own) and Cresento (who decided to hire Nicolae to help him).

Edmund managed to catch up with Gino to tell him about his father's demise.

Cresento and Nicolae managed to get aboard the ship, but fail to kill Gino. In the end, Cresento ends up helping them by going back to the Kuros with 'evidence' that Gino was killed. (a photograph of Gino 'dead' and a shirt with Gino's blood on it). The Kuros seem to buy it for now.

So the former demigods, Gino, and Edmund head back to Isle de Gambino and essentially get summoned to meet Gaia.

Gaia tells the former demigods that she will not turn them back mortal, and eventually sends them away. She then explains to Gino that he is apparently the descendant of a Titan of Ambition who used to be friends with Nyx until Nyx pulled a prank which resulted in the Sentinel and Overseer's original fight that got themselves imprisoned and eventually got their powers taken from them. So now Gino is faced with having to figure out some way to defeat Nyx.

Currently at the manga, we're at the point where the Sentinel isn't happy about staying mortal, Overseer is going with the flow and accepting it, and Gino now has a letter from his deceased father that he has yet to open. Oh, and the Kuros (under the belief that Gino is dead) begin to perform the ritual to summon Nyx.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:09 pm
Love Renewed
Gumby Ningata
Love Renewed
Which storyline do you want? There are a few arcs that have been finished and then there is the current storyline that is going on. Also, I am not the best so forgive me for that.
Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk.

Lucia, not sure that is spelled right, is trying to bring back the banished god Nyx to help him get back at the people that cursed him and his family into being dark elfs. As part of the plan they need the Gambino bloodline wiped out. That is why Johnny was killed. Just before his death the man wrote a letter to his son Gino. The letter was picked up by an unknown person. Gino, who was shamed and kicked out by his roommate, set off with the fallen gods now mortals Sentinel (Sen) and Overseer (Seer). They are searching for the great goddess Gaia to get their powers back. They get an airship from the Brennivin, I think, I forget how they got it. But Ladyhands was on it fixing it and that is where they meet him. Anyway, Sen decided to see her old friend Peath and see if he knew where Gaia was. They meet him and find out that gods are getting attacked. They flee from another attack and set off to find Gaia's son, Meili. Sen and Seer set off into Def Der, or how ever it is spelled, to find the god. Gino was told to stay on the ship because there was a price for his head. He sneaks off anyway and runs into the god. After getting some info, Meili and Gino are attacked and Meili is killed. They head off to see the god of industry. He worked closest with Gaia and was who Melil said to see. Problem is that the god has a slippery mind. He goes to crush the airship but stopped when he spotted Gino. They get info from him and he called Gino a titan. From there they go to where they meet Gaia. Sen and Seer ask for their powers back. She tells them no and Sen blows her top so she is sent back to the ship. Seer is more controlled and and Gaia gives him a real name and tells him he could be a great man and to help Sen. She then turns to Gino. We find out Nyx is one of her five sons. The youngest and that he could not create. That made him jealous of his brothers. So Gaia gave him the moon. That did not stop the god from messing with his brothers. Nyx met a rather ambitious titan and made friends with them. They played tricks on the other gods until Nyx took it too far. He was the one that got Sen and Seer to quarrel and lead to their imprisonment. Ambition, the titan, felt guilty of the actions and told gaia. He asked to have his powers sealed away. Gaia granted this and sealed Nyx away. Gaia tells Gino he is the descendant of Ambition and that Nyx wants him dead because then it would make humanity complacent. She then gives Gino the letter that Johnny wrote.

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

🎭Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces