Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Space Wolves Wolf Lord madness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death Sharpie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:08 am
So with the new Space Wolves codex and Stormclaw, 5 of the Great Company masters have profiles, 4 of which have models. This is out of 12 company masters.

"But wait! Don't the Space Wolves have 13 companies?"

WELL WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE 13TH COMPANY NOW DO WE?!

I am working on getting working proxies for the other company masters.

Sven Bloodhowl and Egil Iron Wolf have awesome converted models in the Space Wolves painting guide converted from other Space Marines models that look awesome, so I am going to do the same thing there.

Bran Redmaw is the Company master with a profile and no model. He is in a Forgeworld book. If you read his rules, midbattle he becomes a monstrous creature. A hulking Wulfen monster until end of game. So I need to build a wolf lord with an awesome battle axe, and choose the right Wolf Model I would love to become the Redmaw. Forgeworld Skinwalker and Circle of Orboros models, I am looking at you.

That leaves...

Engir Krakendoom who uses transports, assault crafts and tons of outriders. He is from islands of Kraken hunters. I shall put this guy on a bike. Giving him the relic sword that has rending and helfrost also sounds awesome... and I have a Legion Outrider bike sitting on my desk, which will be his personal bike.

Bjorn Stormwolf, who fields many heavy weapons, bikes and Vindicators. He favors ferocity over stealth, giving him the Thunderwolf as his symbol. Kind of can not decide on this guy.

Erik Morkai, who fields many of wolf scouts, and is known for his deadly efficency. If I could put a Wolf Lord in a scout role...Cool. But this guy may just be designed to be more proficient in his build. A stalker pattern bolter would look awesome on him as he runs across the battlefield in power armor. If I throw the helm of Durfast on him, it makes his effeciny seem deadlier, granting him the Ignore's cover rule and allowing him to reroll failed to hit rolls.

Gunnar Redmoon. He prefers using Long fangs. He is a roaring bear of a man. As boastful as a bard. Broad guy also. A appetite for violence and feasting. He gets Terminator armor hands down. He may also carry around BlackDeath on him along with melta bombs for a good laugh.

Kjarl Grimblood. Uses flamers. His company uses tons of flamer.. Pretty easy to decide on where to go with that one. Give him a big flamer. Go crazy.

Gonna go online and see if anyone has a good conversion for any of these models.

I will post up pictures once I get some builds done.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:57 am
Bran Redmaw has a model but for some reason Forge World never decided to release it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Death Sharpie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 am
BrookM
Bran Redmaw has a model but for some reason Forge World never decided to release it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sadly, that is true. Bran never got released. Something about the Redmaw being difficult to sculpt or something... I do not know.

For now though, I can build a stand in. Plenty of big wolf models out there that I can use on a 60MM base.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games