Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Plots & Quests ] The Square
[P] THE MIRTHHOOD Open--see first post! (Wind Tribe Paguba)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:11 pm
User Image

Blessed be they, the children of the wind! And unfortunate be they who are born on the earth. Dumb barbarians.

The Mirthhood is a gang for Wind Tribe members with the ethical maturity of human teenagers. In-character, it has not yet been set up yet--it will be founded by Pele and her brother Prikaza, when I get them.

But in the meantime, if you like what you see, you can sign up your B'alam to join when Pele's finally here to make trouble!

Current state of the -hood: Not yet formed. But open for future members or suggestions.

Table of Contents
1. Intro and current state of the -hood.
2. Who are the Mirthhood?
3. The Rules
4. Perspectives
5. Members
6. Reserved just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:18 pm
~~ Who are the Mirthhood?

The Mirthhood will begin as a Wind Tribe-only club (gang, really) dedicated to wreaking havoc with the surface world. Theft, vandalism, crop circles, whatever the B'alam equivalent of public indecency would be, and general trolling will be on the table. Initiation into the Mirthhood is the theft of an object from one of the grounders below. Without getting caught. Kidnapping and murder will not be allowed at first, as they're not as fun as theft.

In the future, as other tribes take note of these juvenile delinquents and retaliate, the Mirthhood will evolve into a full-on pirate subculture and possibly a colony as well. At this point, kidnapping and murder will be on the table. As time goes on, membership in the Mirthhood may open up to like-minded grounders, such as Water Tribe, who want to run around being vicious criminals.

All of this, of course, is in the future. At the moment, the stated goal of the -Hood is to make fun of the barbarians of the ground world by making life utterly miserable for them. It's fun!

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:26 pm
~~Rules

At first, there will not be many rules, and they will not be strictly enforced (except rule 1!). As the group gets bigger, leashes may have to be tightened, and when the Mirthhood evolves into pirates, a full-on code may be established.

The Rules (early days)
1. Do not do unto Family as you would do unto gadje or doshman. All children of the wind are family to each other; we mock the doshman for their primitive ways, but we do not harm our own.
2. Do not ruin. Kidnap and murder aren't fun. A skilled Mirther can avoid doing either.
3. Initiation is the liberation of one object from the ground to the sky. We are Wind Tribe. We are free. And we will free that which is made by B'alam. To join the Mirthhood, you must liberate one object from a surface B'alam to the sky. (What you do with it afterwards is up to you; see below.)
4. All wind-children are equal; but only wind-children are equal. Nantil or Tahtll, any Wind Tribe member may join the Mirthhood. But only Wind Tribe may join (for the time being).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 pm
~~Perspectives

The philosophy of the Mirthhood; this will change over time, but for the time being, this is the philosophy of the -hood when it is formed:

Sex/Gender: Nantil, Tahtill, makes no difference. You say you're either one of those, we'll accept whatever you say. The reason why we're the Mirthhood, or just "the -hood" for short is because we are neither brother nor sisterhood--but both simultaneously.

Tribe: Wind tribe is the best. End of discussion.

Loot: At the moment, the Mirthhood are not particularly materialistic. Materialism is for the surface barbarians. What you do with your loot after you've stolen it is up to you. You can give it to someone who has nothing, you can use it to decorate some place, you can use it as bait, you can just throw it over the side of the floating mountain. Doesn't matter. If it's wearable, you can even wear it, though some members might get suspicious about your loyalty to the tribe at that point. The only rule is that you can't give it back to the person you stole it from.

Religion: You're free to practice whatever religion you want, but the founder, Pele, is devout. Blaspheme in front of Pele and you will get clawed in the eye. But that's just a personal thing for her. Whatever flies your island.

Mating: Love--excitement! Danger! Mortal peril! DO IT.

Idols: The only material good that is actually valuable (besides food). Idols are protected by all members of the Mirthhood as possible future companions. Surface tribe idols are the only things we will never steal.

Cubs: They're adorable, they're playful, they're an inspiration! Keep 'em around.

Violence: If it's necessary, don't hesitate to be violent. But be aware! Wind Tribers are flimsy. It just comes with having bird wings. So be careful when picking a fight, because your bones break more easily than surface B'alam. Must be all that gravity or something. Better to stab someone in the back than look them in the eye.

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 pm
~~Members
Pele Not yet obtained! Will be the founder, so until she comes along, the Mirthhood is not yet formed. x, x
Gypsy Name: Night Raze
Uses Loot For: Doesn't use it at all. Throws it over the side--maybe it'll hit some dumb gadje on the side!
In Brief: Violent, nasty, loves picking fights. Spends a lot of time grinning. Despite being nantil, Pele is built like a male B'alam. Many mistake her for a male upon meeting her. Raspy voice.

Prikaza
Gypsy Name: Black Powder
Uses Loot For: Giving to B'alam who have nothing. Then stealing it back.
In Brief: Pele's more laid-back brother. He's not as violent as his sister, but he still likes making trouble. Loves making crop circles. Will lose an eye in the future!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 pm
~~Vocabulary
Mirther: a member of the Mirthhood.
Gadje: A traitor to Wind Tribe.
Doshman: an enemy of Wind Tribe; used by the Mirthhood to refer to a surface dweller.
Paguba: Wind Tribe raiding party. The Mirthhood will be a perpetual paguba (note to self: great name for a folk rock band).

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:37 am
I really like the sound of this group. I'll have to try to get a wind balam so I can join in!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 am
Kamileunaire
I really like the sound of this group. I'll have to try to get a wind balam so I can join in!

Oo, I'm glad to hear it! <3  

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:22 am
Geyser Eelborn
Kamileunaire

Oo, I'm glad to hear it! <3

Yeah, pirates are awesome 8D Maybe I'll go make a quest thread when I get out of class, yes...  
[ Plots & Quests ] The Square

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games