Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes
[ Water Tribe ] | Grand Opening | FC Contest | Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm
The Brave •••
The Basics ♦♦♦

xxxYour SN || Alpaca Chobi
xxxDo you agree to the following || Yes
xxxxxx→ To RP this character? [ Yes]
xxxxxx→ To stay true to the tribe's founding culture? [ Yes]
xxxxxx→ To work with the owners of the Tribe to maintain this character's position? [ Yes ]
xxxxxx→ To allow the staff to replace your character if you go AWOL? [ Yes ]
xxxxxx→ To follow the shop's rules? [ Yes ]
xxxxxx→ To follow the tribe's rules? [ Yes ]
xxxHave you read over the front page, beginner's guide, AND tribe info? || Yes
xxxHow often, about, do you think you can rp?|| I am around quite often but I can be a little casual with rps. If there is an event though I will be around as much as needed.
xxxHow can tribe members contact you for rp?|| (PM, aim, skype) < - All listed
xxxIs there anything you are not comfortable rping with this character? || I am flexible. No real triggers here.
xxxWould you be willing to kill this character off in future plots? || Yes

◘═══════◘

The Quiz♦♦♦

xxxWhy do Water Tribe B'alam have globes? To store water so that they can drink it later if needed.
xxxCan this B'alam have an abusive background? Why or why not? No because there are no npcs in this store and he is gen one. Abuse needs to be rped out.
xxxWho is "The Grand Weaver"? Their god who creates them.
xxxWho are the Water Tribe's enemies? none

◘═══════◘

About the B'alam ♦♦♦

xxxWhat's his name? Cheveyo
xxxxxxMeaning? Native American Hopi for Spirit Warrior
xxxPersonality || Brave, loyal, perfectionist and full of purpose would be words to decribe Cheveyo at his core. Cheveyo is very hard on him self and any that follow him, but with good reason. The capital is too important to not be a perfectionist with training. Cheveyo will demand a lot from those that join him and might come off as a little harsh. Or more than a little harsh depending. Cheveyo is never cruel though. He'd never make those that follow do something he him self would not do nor would he ever hide behind another B'alam.
xxxDoes he have any brothers? No
xxxWhat is his mindset within the Tribe? Lake minded. Cheveyo feels a very strong anchor point to the capital. It is not something that he can explain fully but something maybe the grand weaver intended for him to be. Cheveyo feels no need to travel him self but does not frown upon those of different mind sets. He lives in the capital.
xxxWhat kind of plots would you like for him?
* I want him to start a water tribe training camp
* I would like close interaction with the magus of the pride for reports and planning
* I'd like him to wed at some point and have cubs of his own whom he is very hard on due to being a perfectionist. ((but not completely unloving))
* I was serious when I said yes I wouldn't mind for this character to be killed off in the distant future. I would love to have Cheveyo die in battle or some other form for plot device for the tribe.
xxxWhat will he look for in a soul-mate? Some one who balances him. Where he is a little on the fierce side maybe a female who can be the sweet side.
xxxWhat values will he impress on his braves?

*Braves will be ready when ever the Magus calls upon them.
*Braves will put the water capital and its b'alam priority to their own well being *and personal interests.
*Braves will never back down from a challenge or fight.
*Braves will take their training seriously.
*Braves will not be lazy.
*Braves will not harm those that are innocent.
*Braves will uphold the laws no matter what.
*Braves will never abandon their posts

xxxIf he becomes a Magus, what spell will he learn first? How will he use this magic?
Water charmer - He'd use it defensively and offensively in battle.

◘═══════◘

Tell his story ♦♦♦
|[ Prompt ]|
He has just opened his eyes. The smell and sound of water is all around him. Another stands nearby, strong and confident with eyes filled with an unworldly sense of knowing. Drawn to this individual, the B'alam follows him deeper into the heart of the tribe's territory. His paws learn the terrain, his mind is filled with the knowledge of the Magus, and his heart begins to swell with a sense of purpose. Side by side, the awakened B'alam and the Magus bound up the slippery rocks, swim through the lake, and learn the limits of their own bodies.

Once he was assured of the prowess of the brave, the Magus charged the male with teaching the tribe how to defend themselves. He was instructed to create the code for the warriors to live by, to train those who would uphold this code, and to punish those who betrayed the tribe.

Show us who this B'alam is. Give us a taste of what we can expect from you in taking this role on. We want to believe this B'alam's story. We want to see how he develops this warrior's code, why each provision exists, and how he plans on enforcing the code within his ranks. There's no word limit.

A strange mixed feeling overwhelmed Cheveyo at the news he was to be the lead protector of the water capital. Surprisingly, the male was not surprised in the least. The moment he'd opened his eyes and met with those of the Magus he knew something was calling him. At the very fiber of his being, Cheveyo knew he was meant to serve some greater purpose than his own.

Surprised or not though, Cheveyo was also met with a feeling of gratefulness for the chance to really live up to what he believed his purpose in this realm. The same feeling he felt the time he followed the Magus back to the capital. Cheveyo would prove this decision to be the correct one and he'd work hard to show he was indeed weaved for this purpose here and now.

The male decided to spend the rest of the day by himself to gather his thoughts. Cheveyo had picked out a secluded patch of lake to do just that. He waded in to the water until his paws no longer touched the lake floor and just doggy paddled a while.

"Ah..." He managed. No other B'alam was around to hear but that didn't matter. Some times one needed to talk to them selves. "Your purpose is under way and.... now more than ever you need to prove your self..."

The tone Cheveyo used was pondering. How in the world was he going to prove he was the correct choice. Where was he going to even begin? Not that he was now questioning his purpose or the Magus, but there was so much to do. Why had he decided relaxing was a good idea when he had so much to do.

Cheveyo turned tail and waded back to shore unsure what he was thinking. With so much to do there was no time to relax. There was only time for perfection. He needed to plan everything out and he needed to recruit. All the bells and whistles needed to happen, Cheveyo would not settle for less.

The b'alam would spend the rest of the day planning his strategy to bring to the Magus on the next day. He would furiously write out intricate plans and training exercises for approval. He was nominated to protect the capital and so there was no time to waste.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:33 pm
(Okay, Really really sorry about the horrible spelling....It doesn't mean I am less caring, i just really suck at spelling and my ipad doesn't correct. Working off only a few hours of sleep ^-^;;. Thank you for the consideration.)

The Brave •••
The Basics ♦♦♦

xxx[ Radical Dreamer ] ||
xxxDo you agree to the following ||
xxxxxx→ To RP this character? [ Yes ]
xxxxxx→ To stay true to the tribe's founding culture? [ Yes ]
xxxxxx→ To work with the owners of the Tribe to maintain this character's position? [ Yes ]
xxxHave you read over the front page, beginner's guide, AND tribe info? || Yep!
xxxHow often, about, do you think you can rp?|| I can Rp on my day's off Which are three in a row. During my work week, it just makes it hard because I am so tired. However those three days, its what I do anyways. (Points to Magus earned status for Riot)
xxxHow can tribe members contact you for rp?|| PM, and Aim will work. Skype in the future I don't recall how to log in or recall Screenname.
xxxIs there anything you are not comfortable rping with this character? || He wont becomfortable with betraying his Clan or either Magus/leader, as he is too loyal.
xxxWould you be willing to kill this character off in future plots? || Yes, if it has a good enough reason and plot.

◘═══════◘

The Quiz♦♦♦

xxxWhy do Water Tribe B'alam have globes?It is what is speical to thier tribe, only they have them. It's to hold and store water.xxxCan this B'alam have an abusive background? Why or why not? Not really, he was just breathed into being....maybe if i don't know, the wind 'yelled' at him and ruffled his fur too much?
xxxWho is "The Grand Weaver"? The Creator, the maker, the one who created the world and the Balam that inhabit it, oh and he is refered as an 'He', and his name is: 'Milintica'
xxxWho are the Water Tribe's enemies? They don't have any, yet...

◘═══════◘

About the B'alam ♦♦♦

xxxWhat's his name? WatersEdge
xxxxxxMeaning? (If I may...) Stillwater, called him such because he is to be the barrier of their people.
xxxPersonality ||
A strong soul, he isn't Quite, but just don't perfer talking unless there is a reason for it. Everything he does, has purpose to it. Calculating, he has a 'regal' standard as a warrior. He is gentle when he needs to be, and only a brute when it is called for. Steadfast, and vary-vary loyal to the point of imedinent conflict to another that even dared to tarnish the water tribe, their beliefs and their leaders, inculding the Grandweaver. He is Spiritual in a 'native indian' way. Understanding to those he feels that need it, however he does not excuse will ignorance. A wonderful weilder of tact....(I can go on, but you didn't want a novel...)
xxxDoes he have any brothers? None by blood. However, those that Stillwaters and the other Magus choose to be by his side. (more so them.) As well as his clans men, will be referd as 'brothers' and 'sisters'
xxxWhat is his mindset within the Tribe?
His place is to be with the Tribe, and to protect their people as well as lead a generation to do the same. He is 'lake-minded' and has no interest in trevel, he belives his place is to be at the heart of his people, as the heart is most vitial to protect. As for where he thinks he is in the tribe, is where ever Stillwaters says it is, which woud be at head of protecting their people. He doesn't question that at all...
xxxWhat kind of plots would you like for him?War plots, something where he could show off his dedication to his people and Stillwater. I wouldn't mind him getting beat up a bit, and having some battle scars. What ever it is, it needs to be someting that he could hold as proff of his experance with leading a 'army' and worth doing so...
xxxWhat will he look for in a soul-mate?
Someone that could get that 'natual frown' to gently smile, a kind and gentle soul. She would need to be vary Elagent and just as loyal as he is to his cause. A Nahtill that he could have stand at his side unweavered, strong-stubborn-passionate about what is worth fighting for and knowing what is worth fighting for. Willing to make a stand against him, -HOWEVER- knowing when to stand down and accept his decision even if she doesn't agree with it. One would will love uncondionatally as he does.
xxxWhat values will he impress on his braves?
*Love and Give respect to the Grandweaver, as he is the creator of all and a people worth protecting wouldn't exist with out him.
*Love and respect the leaders of the clan
*Be a Brave that refects the heart of their people:
-selfless loyalty
-unrelenting as a river
-gentle as a stream
-as ferice as rapids
*A Brave is not a warrior with out his people, the smallest clans men to the reviled member, they are all worth dying for.
*Honor
*Respect all life, even those that you may come in comflict with. Life is a gift from the Grandweaver.
*Attack to Kill, not to cause pain and suffering.
*an Undying loyalty to the Clan
xxxIf he becomes a Magus, what spell will she learn first? How will he use this magic?

WaterChamer. He likes how Diverse it is, but more so the potentual to protect others. WatersEdge as beleives it shows the tribe's nature the best. Free flowing, but versital and deadly if needed; but can be soft and gentle to the touch.

◘═══════◘

Tell his story ♦♦♦
|[ Prompt ]|
He has just opened his eyes. The smell and sound of water is all around him. Another stands nearby, strong and confident with eyes filled with an unworldly sense of knowing. Drawn to this individual, the B'alam follows him deeper into the heart of the tribe's territory. His paws learn the terrain, his mind is filled with the knowledge of the Magus, and his heart begins to swell with a sense of purpose. Side by side, the awakened B'alam and the Magus bound up the slippery rocks, swim through the lake, and learn the limits of their own bodies.

Once he was assured of the prowess of the brave, the Magus charged the male with teaching the tribe how to defend themselves. He was instructed to create the code for the warriors to live by, to train those who would uphold this code, and to punish those who betrayed the tribe.

Show us who this B'alam is. Give us a taste of what we can expect from you in taking this role on. We want to believe this B'alam's story. We want to see how he develops this warrior's code, why each provision exists, and how he plans on enforcing the code within his ranks. There's no word limit.

"Why do you call me, 'WatersEdge'?" A unwavered ruff voice broke the peaceful, yet concentracted silance. The Azure Tahtill turned his head to wise leader beside him.

'Stillwater' is what he had called himself, perhaps it was because of his wise gaze. It had a enlighten depth that Edge had not even had the chance to hope to achive.

Stillwater was there when he awoke, the Grandweaver had given him life and brought such a wise balam to not only greet him, but enlighten him to a way he had found worth living for...worth fighting for.

'Because, You are the barrier for those I hope to be our sea of people...'

It was what was simply said, but it spoke magnatudes and echod resoundedly in the Tahtill's soul.

WatersEdge wanted to provide that for their 'people', their clan-the mulituide that Stillwater hoped to culture. Something, Edge had no doubt would happen and if so-the magus was right, it would take a mulituide to protect such a culture.

The ideals, the way of life and teachings Stillwater had instilled in him-effected him so profoundly, he felt it should be shared to such a mulitude.

Nodding soundly, Edge's eyes never removed themselves from it's sight off his leader as he lowered his mane to a respectful bow. Stillwater had entrusted him, to teach their people how to defend themselves and others.

"How am I to do such a thing...?"

'look at the world around you, and what Milintica has created before you. Listen, carefully-what does it say you?'

Raising his head, WatersEdge turned his ears about to listen carefully.

Hearing Nothing, the balam closed his eyes and waited-Stillwater told him to listen, their had to be something that was worth hearing...

Again, 'Nothing' came to his ears, except the sound of water before them, the gentle sound of it splashing against the rocks. Other flighty animals churping and singing soft praise to the creator....

'what do you hear'?

"Nothing, just the ambient sounds around us. Water, birds....small creatures."

Was he missing something?

'excatually, that is the life around us and it is worth protecting. Milintica created all of it, he worth protecting. Our people are worth protecting...'

Listening carefully to the Magus' words, it was like the sun had rose in his mind and all Edge could do was listen. Yes...these foundations, will beworth teaching to those who will protect meny....

Depawsit

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:47 am
The Craft Weaver •••
The Basics ♦♦♦

xxxYour SN || Depawsit
xxxHow often, about, do you think you can rp?|| Well, the semester is starting soon, so my RP will be slightly affected but nothing extreme. I would expect to RP her as often as I can find her someone to interact with, which I hope would be often considering her importance to not just the Water tribe, but to others as well. TL;DR: As long as there is demand, I shall be here :3
xxxHow can tribe members contact you for rp?|| PM, AIM, Skype, my cell [ for those who I have plots with and need to contact me ]
xxxIs there anything you are not comfortable rping with this character? || I'd say anything short of making her a sadistic B'alam would be welcome in my book. It's sort fo difficult to have someone who's meant to interact with so many B'alam suddenly become sadistic, evil, or something of the sort.
xxxWould you be willing to kill this character off in future plots? || Should the need arise for it in a TRIBE or SHOP based event, I wouldn't think twice. For a more personal based plot between two people, i'd have to debate it a bit more. I'd want to get a feel for her before I do anything drastic for no true cause.

◘═══════◘

The Quiz♦♦♦

xxxWhy do Water Tribe B'alam have globes? CAUSE THEY ARE THE CAMELS OF B'ALAM! They store water in them there orbs, so that they can go longer periods without needing to drink.
xxxCan this B'alam have an abusive background? Why or why not? No! Mostly because they are all first generations, and its kinda hard to build 'abusive' lifestyles or backgrounds in the short time its been since their awakening. So … unless MAGIX occurs, there is no abuse!
xxxWho is "The Grand Weaver"? The head honcho of the B'alam universe. He is the one responsible for all B'alam life.
xxxWho are the Water Tribe's enemies? They have no enemies! Them water tribe just sit back and chillax while everybody else hates on each other 8D

◘═══════◘

About the B'alam ♦♦♦

xxxWhat's her name? Seriadne
xxxxxxMeaning? No meaning, just an elvish name that I like c:
xxxPersonality || She's a fanatic for her craft, and has been from a few short weeks into her training. Her obsession started out small, perfecting the knots for the braids, Getting the gemstones to tie into the braids just right, and other such things that she can now do blindfolded. But as her tasks became routine, she craved for something that would test her skill. She absolutely yearns for the opportunity to learn new things, and can get a little creepy in her quest for knowledge. If she discovers there's someone out there who might know a little bit about some new material, or perhaps a new weaving technique? She'll put her affairs in order as quickly as she can before setting out to learn all she can about what she seeks. There isn't any real 'norm' with Seria, she's all in on everything she does. She's very passionate about her work, and can be expected to be an overly passionate teacher. Some of her students might be discouraged by her passion, mistaking it for mania, but they'll soon learn its simply her nature.
xxxWhat was her cubhood like? Well, she awoke as an adult, so I don't imagine she'd remember anything of the childhood she didn't have.
xxxWhat is her mindset within the Tribe? She's a very River-minded individual, as her passion wouldn't allow for anything else. Being the type to seek out new and rare techniques, the Lake-Minded lifestyle would make leaving her home very uncomfortable when the time came to find such treasures and knowledge.
xxxWhat kind of plots would you like for her?
xxx» I want her first trip for outside materials to be to the light tribe. Where she'll run into the Scale Collector and the Crystal Gatherer. Depending on who those two characters are played by, I want to develop I long standing relationship between the three of them. Perhaps a bitter relationship would be interesting ;3
xxx» She needs to have a student, that she finds nearly impossible to teach! Or one who simply doesn't want to learn because he thinks she's crazy and he wants out of there ASAP! Either way, I would love to test her reactions.
xxx» Brawlin' in the streets! I want lots of spicy drama to happen in the merchants circle! Maybe someone isn't so fond of her, or perhaps there are two rivals merchants that she's constantly having to split up? XD Can you imagine this loon running into the middle of a scuffle?
xxx» Have cubs, will travel! I want her to eventually settle down, but have a bit of trouble in paradise with her mate when it comes to the idea of when is too early to move the cubs from one place to the next. Seria is seriously devoted, so it shouldn't be put past her to try and drag them along before they're even weaned.
xxx» Obviously she will ascend to magus stage at some point in her future, at which point I want her to have extreme difficulty mastering her first spell.
xxxWhat will she look for in a soul-mate? Seria needs someone to balance out her … eccentricities, perhaps someone who could supplement their craft with their wares? But most importantly she needs someone who is willing to start a family with her knowing all of her quirks and regardless of all of the heavy travel and work that must be done when with her. The idea of having someone to supplement her trade, is something I think is a fine idea, but i'm not sure how easy that part will be to come across.
xxxHow does she plan on running the merchant circle? Well she intends to run it with an iron fist, and that little hint of crazy that she's famous for. She expects everyone to do their jobs on their owns without having to be Mother Henned, but she knows that not everyone will agree all the time either. She entrusts everyone to run their own businesses without her supervision, but she does have both the ability and expectations of needing to step in and handle things the hard way from time to time.
xxxIf she becomes a Magus, what spell will she learn first? Hydro Cannon – the added ability to etch things into stone would bring her crafting abilities to a level she'd never realized possible as a B'alam.

◘═══════◘

Tell her story ♦♦♦
|[ Prompt ]|
She has just woken up in the body of an adult but with a mind as fresh and new as an infant. Another body lays at a respectful distance. She turns to see a Magus, a male, quietly weaving blades of grass. She watches in awe and slowly inches over to observe this art. Intrigued, she attempts to follow suite. Her first attempt was sloppy but endearing. The magus smiles warmly and stands, gesturing for her to follow. Hours became days, days became weeks, weeks became months. Blades of grass became threads of leather. Metal, fur, fabric, and beads soon replaced the simpler things. Small braids soon became elaborate necklaces and shining bracelets. Pelts cloaked backs and rings shone from the paws of her tribe mates. Soon her passion became an opportunity.

Her mentor pulled her aside and laid a new task at her paws. She was to teach the others as he had taught her. She was to reach out past their borders and find new things to work into beautiful crafts and in turn, exchange those crafts for more supplies. A delicate task- but one her capable mind was suited well for.

Show us who this B'alam is. Give us a taste of what we can expect from you in taking this role on. We want to believe this B'alam's story, her dreams, her personality, her spirit. There's no word limit.

It had months since her awakening, the sights and smells are still sat fresh on her mind. If she closed her eyes for but a moment, she could smell the fresh grass and sense the presence of Stillwater as he lay several feet away twining his blades of grass together. She remembered how fascinated she had been by the process, and how easily Stillwater had taken her under his wing. It hadn't taken long for her to catch on, and soon she was teaching Stillwater things that even he hadn't thought of. Each time, he seemed more fascinated that the last. A look of astonishment, or perhaps it was supposed to be impress would flash across his face before he would smile and follow her lead. With each new skill, her heart fluttered with excitement and a hunger grew inside her. She held her hunger within herself, until the day when Stillwater approached her once more. This time presenting her with the opportunity to do something larger than she had ever considered before. He wanted her to teach the rest of the tribe her ways.

A strange feeling overtook her stomach for but a minute, and even erased the hugner that had been building there for months. But it soon returned, and with it came a burning light to her eyes. ”It would be my honor.” She vowed, bowing her head deeply to her magus leader as she tried to think of the best possible way to go about her new task. ”But first, I have to go ...” Her sentence trailed off, as she had no true idea where she was headed. Only that she had heard whispers of a trader, one who specialized in crystals that would glow in the moonlight. She'd heard they were the the west, but as a nomad she had no true way of knowing where west was. ”If you grant me this quick reprieve, I vow to return and honor you with new crafts and materials with which to teach my students and your tribesmen.” Her eyes lit up once more with the blazing fire she'd felt before and her heart felt as though it would beat from her chest. With this new material, she could only imagine her limitations, and one thing everyone had come to learn about Seria had an endless imagination. Just ask anyone who owned one of her crafted pieces.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:37 am
The Tanner •••
The Basics ♦♦♦

xxxYour SN || Ririka
xxxxxx→ To RP this character? Yes
xxxxxx→ To stay true to the tribe's founding culture? Yes
xxxxxx→ To work with the owners of the Tribe to maintain this character's position? Yes
xxxxxx→ To allow the staff to replace your character if you go AWOL? Yes
xxxxxx→ To follow the shop's rules? Yes
xxxxxx→ To follow the tribe's rules? Yes
xxxHow often, about, do you think you can rp?|| I can roleplay as requested, people just have to remember that I can be slow.
xxxHow can tribe members contact you for rp?|| Aim, PM or Skype
xxxIs there anything you are not comfortable rping with this character? || Nope
xxxWould you be willing to kill this character off in future plots? || Sure!

◘═══════◘

The Quiz♦♦♦

xxxWhy do Water Tribe B'alam have globes? They can absorb water into these orbs and carry an additional water supply with them for hydration in dry territories, survival during migrations. Magus use the orbs as a water supply for their abilities.
xxxCan this B'alam have an abusive background? Why or why not? Nope. He is a generation one B’alam, meaning he was created without parents, and upon his awakening Still Water finds him like the little “orphan” he is. –Cries-
xxxWho is "The Grand Weaver"? The one who gives the B’alam their life! That or he is a great seamstress…
xxxWho are the Water Tribe's enemies? At the moment that have no enemies.

◘═══════◘

About the B'alam ♦♦♦

xxxWhat's his name? Wave Runner
xxxxxxMeaning? DON’T QUESTION ME!
xxxPersonality || He lacks in confidence when it comes to his social skills due to the fact that he is mute. Though some may pity him, and even crack a joke about his condition, the Tanner does his best to keep a smile on his face and keep compassion in his heart. With a great devotion to his craft and his tribe, he would rather be known as the reliable mute than the mute who nearly strangled the last B’alam that questioned his silence. Self-pity and a short temper will get him nowhere.
xxxDoes he have any illegitimate cubs? No
xxxWhat is his mindset within the Tribe?
Wave Runner is a river-minded individual. It is important that he travel the land in order to find new techniques and materials that can help in the tanning process. Anything that can make the tanning process more efficient while helping to give the hide better quality would be wanted greatly.
Moreover, if he ever thought to remain home he does not believe the Crafter would be all too happy with him. One-sided arguments never end well. [How he wishes he could speak…]
The male looks to Still Water in order to learn the art of patience and forgiveness. He finds himself like the ocean before a storm. Calm on the outside, yet something brews in the distance. His anger, his short temper, he does not know what to do with it. To let it out could cause trouble, but to keep everything bottled up would slowly kill him.

xxxWhat kind of plots would you like for him?
• I would like someone to help him with his anger when he feels he is ready to admit he has an anger problem.
• I would also like him to develop a positive or humorous relationship with the crafter; after all, they do depend on one another.
• I think it would be interesting if at some point someone decided it would be a good “prank” to mess with the hides on Wave Runner’s tanning rack. Is it a rival? Cubs? Is it someone just being a major burro?
• …He smells like brains. OMNOMNOM
xxxWhat will he look for in a soul-mate?
He isn’t quite sure what he is supposed to be looking for. Someone who does not mind that fact that he may not be able to say, “I love you” through words, but that does not mean he does not care for them. He can still show his affection through the occasional head-bump and playful swipe of the paw. Someone who understands the time and care he needs to put into his craft, because the tribes needs come before his own. Just someone to keep a smile on his face and remind him to come to the surface for air every once and a while.
xxxHow does he go about his work?
Wave Runner runs his work with lots of patience and multitasking. He prefers that others tell him what to do and then leave him to do it. Wave Runner does not need or want a grand audience, nor would he appreciate someone micromanaging him. He was chosen and trusted with this job for a reason, and he KNOWS how to do his job.
xxxIf he becomes a Magus, what spell will he learn first?Rain Dance. Some days are busier than others, which means he cannot always run off to find more water for cleaning if he is unable to set up shop near a body of water. It just makes cleaning a large supply of pelts, gathering water, and cleaning himself a lot easier at times…

◘═══════◘

Tell his story ♦♦♦
|[ Prompt ]|
He woke alone and confused. For a time, he sat simply observing the world around him, unsure what to do or where to go. Another B'alam approached from the twilight, carrying a limp animal in his maw. The Magus, as he came to be known as, fed the newly woven B'alam and explained that in order for them to live one more day, another had to return to the Grand Weaver. The dead animal's flesh fed the body of the B'alam and the spirit departed, free from pain. Much remained of the animal however. Bones, teeth, fur, and claws all remained, unable to be digested by the B'alam. The Magus explained that to waste was to disrespect the sacrifice made by the animal and it ran the risk of angering the departed spirit.

Slowly, the Magus taught the newly awakened B'alam how to hunt, how to separate fur from meat, and how to use every bit of the kill. As the young B'alam improved, the Magus saw potential. Soon, the Magus approached the young B'alam with a task- to honor all the fallen with his craft. He was given the task to give new life to the dead, to teach the Tribe how to do the same, and to ensure that the value of the remains of the dead were honored in trade and craft.

Wave Runner was unsure of how he left about the role he had been given. He was a follower not a leader. So much more comfort was given when following a leader and being told what to do, being shown what to do. Now Stillwater wanted to put him in a role where others may look to him for guidance and product? How was he supposed to fit himself into such a role when he could barely rely on himself?

So much worry ran through his young body, barely a year old and already this was placed on him. Still, he could not let Still Water down. If the Magus trusted him, then he would have to learn how to trust himself. He obviously had the skill, now he just needed the mindset.

“What if I fail though?"

Wave Runner remembered all the mistakes he had made when the Magus gave him his first tanning lessons. The torn materials, damaged furs, over soaked and over dried leathers, and still the Magus simply went on with the lesson as if nothing had happened. He corrected him and still went on to show that even damaged materials can create beautiful products. Nothing is ever truly wasted, even failures.

He would honor Still Water’s decision, and through it honor those whose lives end to others can continue. At least no one would be able to hear him scream out a string of…less than friendly words while he worked.

“Grand Weaver guide me…”

Depawsit

Ririka
Vice Captain

High-functioning Hellraiser

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 am
The Scribe •••
The Basics ♦♦♦

xxxYour SN ||
xxxxxx→ To work with the owners of the Tribe to maintain this character's position? [ Yes]
xxxHave you read over the front page, beginner's guide, AND tribe info? || [ Yes ]
xxxHow often, about, do you think you can rp?|| As often as I can kick my muse and not have it bite back. At the minimum, once every week or two
xxxHow can tribe members contact you for rp?|| PM and AIM (Insane Hanyou) - Though RP is preferred in guild
xxxIs there anything you are not comfortable rping with this character? || If it's not going to violate the shop rules or make me throw up, then I'm good :>
xxxWould you be willing to kill this character off in future plots? || Yes

◘═══════◘

The Quiz♦♦♦

xxxWhy do Water Tribe B'alam have globes? The globes draw in and store water - They can then use it to keep hydrated, or share it with others. Unfortunately, if the globes run out... They dehydrate REAL fast.
xxxCan this B'alam have an abusive background? Why or why not? No - She's a first generation created by the Grand Weaver. She's just woken up, any 'abusive background' would be purely a dream/nightmare. If she's going to have a tragic history, it needs to be CREATED, NOTHING assumed.
xxxWho is "The Grand Weaver"? The shop's Diety, one of the only NPCs permitted in the shop(The others being random fauna)
xxxWho are the Water Tribe's enemies? The water tribe has enemies...?! ... Nope, no enemies here! Yet.

◘═══════◘

About the B'alam ♦♦♦

xxxWhat's her name? Xiaoli
xxxxxxMeaning? Intellectual
xxxPersonality ||
Xiaoli wants to know everything, and to share everything, knowledge-related. She knows to do this, so nothing is lost, they need writing, and this is something she ultimately plans on doing. Working, between working on the writing and then recording histories, makes her happiest. She can't think of much else that WILL make her as happy. Because she's so duty-minded, she knows one of her duties will eventually be to name a successor... She's just not sure how she'll come about that, yet.
xxxWho are her parents? She's a first-generation B'alam, she has none. Unless you count the Grand Weaver as both her mother and her father.
xxxWhat is her mindset within the Tribe?
She is very much lake-minded, preferring to stay in one place(See below). She likes to think she gets along with the Magi, as she believes that, like them, she's looking out for the best interest of all the B'alam.
xxxWhat kind of plots would you like for her?
Besides coming up with a written language, she'll seek to make a form of written language that blind B'alam can still use(The B'alam version of braille). Once both are complete, she'll seek to gather as much knowledge of the world as possible into one central library(Think the Library of Alexandria), sending out trained Water B'alam to collect for her.
xxxWhat will she look for in a soul-mate?
Xiaoli will look for a like mind in a mate - Somebody who will find as much joy in working on the written language and histories as she does.
xxxHow does she come up with the language?
Part by accident, part from inspiration by nature. She notices some recurring patterns with some things, and starts by scribbling nonesense in the sand. Random marks begin to strike her as perfectly meaning certain words, or certain letters, and she's soon coming up with something akin to kuniform.
xxxIf she becomes a Magus, what spell will she learn first?

Rain Dancer - It'd be good to help grow plants she can use to make paper with, after all!
◘═══════◘

Tell her story ♦♦♦
|[ Prompt ]|
She has just woken up, she is as ignorant as a newborn infant. She has instincts, thoughts, dreams, and curiosities. She is a complete being, a sharp mind in the body of an adult. Another stands near by, watching with a gentle set of eyes and a knowing smile. He speaks softly, beckoning her to follow him. Over the course of a few months this female sits by this male's side, listening to his soft teachings and absorbing what she can like a sponge. He shows her the land, turns her eyes to the heavens, opens her ears to the sound of a flowing creek, and opens her mind to learning. Eventually, her mentor tells her that she is to be the one to gather the words spoken and shepherd them into the future. He trusts her to do this task, he believes she is the one to do it.

What are these months like? Give us an example of a self-roleplay. Tell us how this experience goes. Tell us what she thought during this time of instruction, how she felt about it, what she observed for herself, how she took her role from her mentor, and how she progressed in accomplishing the task.

Show us who this B'alam is. Give us a taste of what we can expect from you in taking this role on. We want to believe this B'alam's story, her dreams, her personality, her spirit. There's no word limit.

Xiaoli felt... Amazing. Was that a good word? She was loving life, she was loving how the sun felt, the water sounded, the taste of the wind in her mouth and the smell of... Everything. As the magus walked and talked, her gaze went over everything, soaking it all in, as her ears moved around and listened to everything she could.

She'd forever remember the first time her paws touched a creek, as it bubbled and sang along its course. She'd distinctly remember every tree around it in the forest, at the spot they'd chosen to observe it. The water passed over first one paw, then another, and the stones were smooth and perfect.

Every word was absorbed, every train of conversation processed and stored for later reference. And then...

She had to make a writing system? For the first time in the months since she'd been awake, Xiaoli felt... Panic. A million thoughts ran through her head, racing each other, fighitng like angry wolfbats, snapping and snarling as they clawed at one another. She had to make a writing system for ALL of the B'alam. Two, in fact! One for all the tribes, and one for the Water tribe. How would she do it? How would she accomplish such a task?

She felt a paw on her shoulder, as her chest heaved, ears back and eyes wide. When she looked up, the eyes that looked back at her were calm, kind, gentle. The Magus smiled at her, giving her words of comfort and confidence. There was no hurry, she could take her time. She'd get there eventually. After all... Part of the destination was the journey itself. Her heart rate slowed, returning to normal, and a calm passed back over her, chasing the last vestiges of panic away.

She could do this. She felt she was properly confident. The turmoil was gone, and she set off. She had work to do.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 pm
Officially closing the thread and locking it down to new entries <3

The staff will [ fairly ] go over everyone's entries. Excluding themselves from categories which they themselves have entered, and we will get you guys your results very soon =3

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers