Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:38 am
So I made the thread, finally. lol
Clicky

Any feedback? (:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
NO MORE GC SPAM
(please)

So if you're like me, you're probably sick of all the sales Gaia is trying to ram down our throats. Also, if you're like me, you are probably already participating in this strike.

To clarify, this strike is to protest the amount of GC-related announcements that are sent out DAILY. This includes, but is not limited to: Cash Flash "sales," any "random" GC items, re-sales and gold generators.

How it Works

Every time your announcement count gets to 10, just stop what you're doing and sign out. This is 10 new announcements after logging in and clicking through the 10 you're greeted with.

(Optional) To further drive our point, you can strip down and use the 10g Zombie Potion in Skin Tyte. We're sick of Gaia trying to turn us into GC-Zombies!

OPTION2: Don't even click on the announcement link! There is speculation that Gaia is using the announcements to get their page views. This makes the site look more active/healthy than it really is.

Banners:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.93238453/][img]http://s26.postimg.org/hrw0v67tl/gaiastop.gif[/img][/url]

&&Also, I changed it a little bit since yesterday. xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:59 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Clicky

Any feedback? (:

Copy and paste the OP here too. Everyone needs to see it everywhere they go. wink

I do have a concern though. I've started to wonder if their constant announcements are used to increase their site page views. Is that good or bad for us? I don't know. I keep thinking that it would be better to encourage people to never ever again click on their announcement bubbles. Heck even the animated icons in our header. Every time we do so, a page view count is added to their stats by each one of us. Almost as if it is masking the fact that activity has actually gone down around the site.

Edit: Also my announcement bubble is constantly maxed out, should I never log in again, or should I click them. I don't like clicking them emotion_donotwant  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

The Dumpster Diva

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:32 pm
There are at least ten announcements waiting every time I log in daily. So am I to just log off and not log in again until the next day only to find ten more announcements waiting? Confusing, to say the least and I sincerely doubt that Gaia would even care. I just click the announcements to get them out of my header, which I guess increases Gaia's page views or something. I'm not even sure how many announcements Gaia sends every day now: 10? 15? 20? 30? All I know is that they all have something to do with GC and some kind of "sale" or gg. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:29 am
I found the phrasing confusing too. They're releasing 10+ announcements daily, so the counter will already be at 10 by the time I log in every day (and I don't want to only spend 2 seconds online as I often have some stuff to do), especially since I don't bother clicking them to get them out of the way anymore. So even if they didn't have any announcements, there would still be 10 from the previous days.

Does the strike involve actually avoiding clicking on any of the announcements, so they know people aren't even bothering to read them anymore?  

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:55 am
The Dumpster Diva
There are at least ten announcements waiting every time I log in daily. So am I to just log off and not log in again until the next day only to find ten more announcements waiting? Confusing, to say the least and I sincerely doubt that Gaia would even care. I just click the announcements to get them out of my header, which I guess increases Gaia's page views or something. I'm not even sure how many announcements Gaia sends every day now: 10? 15? 20? 30? All I know is that they all have something to do with GC and some kind of "sale" or gg. sweatdrop

Ignore them and eventually you'll get so used to them being there that it's almost like they aren't even there at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:35 am
Pwnder
Last Trickster Prince
Clicky

Any feedback? (:

Copy and paste the OP here too. Everyone needs to see it everywhere they go. wink

I do have a concern though. I've started to wonder if their constant announcements are used to increase their site page views. Is that good or bad for us? I don't know. I keep thinking that it would be better to encourage people to never ever again click on their announcement bubbles. Heck even the animated icons in our header. Every time we do so, a page view count is added to their stats by each one of us. Almost as if it is masking the fact that activity has actually gone down around the site.

Edit: Also my announcement bubble is constantly maxed out, should I never log in again, or should I click them. I don't like clicking them emotion_donotwant
Then how could the strike work? Just not click the announcement at all? O:  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:06 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Pwnder
Last Trickster Prince
Clicky

Any feedback? (:

Then how could the strike work? Just not click the announcement at all? O:

That is how I originally thought it was going to be. "Take the pledge, never click the announcement bubble!"

If I logged out because my announcement bubble reached max then I would never log back in again. sad
There are others like me who have that personal strike going on.

I'd totally wear the zombie skin if it lets them know that I''m not clicking though. I'm all about that. The symbolism is necessary.

I'm gonna add your sig banner to my already growing sig. heart

I need a sig map confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:08 am
Pwnder
That is how I originally thought it was going to be. "Take the pledge, never click the announcement bubble!"

If I logged out because my announcement bubble reached max then I would never log back in again. sad
There are others like me who have that personal strike going on.

I'd totally wear the zombie skin if it lets them know that I''m not clicking though. I'm all about that. The symbolism is necessary.

I'm gonna add your sig banner to my already growing sig. heart

I need a sig map confused
Well, there are SOME people who still like to TRY and keep up with things on Gaia. xD

Yes! Zombies! (:  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas