Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Last Week We had 32
  +1
View Results

Xerixa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:18 pm
Shiny Ryuko

No, the link just sent you to the page to add to the goldsink for the event, not to the beach party itself

Ahh, thank you for clearing it up. ^^ The wording of the post was rather odd to me...so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Well, I suppose this leaves us with the question of if and when this beach party will occur. And...what kind of items we'll get in our gold shop and the price tag on each.

(But my bitter side must say...it would be just like the "in-crowd" to throw a party without telling us the correct day, even if we got the refreshments for it earlier. -_- )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 pm
Xerixa
It seems that they are getting desperate and are using more spam-y methods to get our attention and possibly buy stuff.

Their announcement spam is now mostly ignored. Their PM spam is harshly rejected as well. So, they now resort to using pop-up ads that are hard to ignore.

By the way, did anyone else here join the Avatar Arena?  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

astroblook

Divine Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 pm
Xerixa
Shiny Ryuko

No, the link just sent you to the page to add to the goldsink for the event, not to the beach party itself

Ahh, thank you for clearing it up. ^^ The wording of the post was rather odd to me...so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Well, I suppose this leaves us with the question of if and when this beach party will occur. And...what kind of items we'll get in our gold shop and the price tag on each.

(But my bitter side must say...it would be just like the "in-crowd" to throw a party without telling us the correct day, even if we got the refreshments for it earlier. -_- )

I'd definitely have to agree with you there. I'm a bit excited for the beach party, but I really don't want to get my hopes up at the same time. Like, good for Gaia trying to give us a nice thing and a goldsink (which we've needed), but I don't want it to all just... I don't know, not suck?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:39 pm
Alexius08
Xerixa
It seems that they are getting desperate and are using more spam-y methods to get our attention and possibly buy stuff.

Their announcement spam is now mostly ignored. Their PM spam is harshly rejected as well. So, they now resort to using pop-up ads that are hard to ignore.

Well, they've got to get us to see their crap one way or another, and now they've got one of the most annoying ways to do it. Lovely. Good thing I've never run into that problem, because AdBlock is just yes. I wish there was a way for mobile users to block it, though. The lengths they're willing to go to try and get our attention to buy their pixels (when it's hilariously doing the opposite) amazes me.  

astroblook

Divine Mystic

Xerixa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:42 pm
Alexius08

That's true. I just click to get the darn pop up off my screen. ^^;
Ah...I had heard about the pop-up ads, but my ad blocker is working quite nicely. I haven't had a problem...yet.

I'm not sure. I've never entered the avatar arena...never could think of anything really neat to submit. ^^; But...as an aside, I liked your Carl Sagan idea! There's a cool video on Youtube where his commentary of the Cosmos is turned into a song, along with a bunch of other scientists. Have you seen it?

Shiny Ryuko

I'm looking forward to the items more than the party. I'm on the...less than social side of the spectrum. Regardless, it would be nice to see them put some effort into this and give Gaians, no matter how much gold/money they have, a good time. ^^ We can hope, but I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm
Xerixa
Alexius08

That's true. I just click to get the darn pop up off my screen. ^^;
Ah...I had heard about the pop-up ads, but my ad blocker is working quite nicely. I haven't had a problem...yet.

I'm not sure. I've never entered the avatar arena...never could think of anything really neat to submit. ^^; But...as an aside, I liked your Carl Sagan idea! There's a cool video on Youtube where his commentary of the Cosmos is turned into a song, along with a bunch of other scientists. Have you seen it?

I recall seeing fragments of it. However, I decided to focus on his association to the phrase "Billions and Billions" when I submitted my entry. Not everyone in Gaia could recognize Carl Sagan or his scientific works, but everyone who has been in the marketplace at least once could recognize the title.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Xerixa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 pm
Alexius08

I recall seeing fragments of it. However, I decided to focus on his association to the phrase "Billions and Billions" when I submitted my entry. Not everyone in Gaia could recognize Carl Sagan or his scientific works, but everyone who has been in the marketplace at least once could recognize the title.

It was a good call, or at least I think it is. You're right, few people do know him given the demographic of this website, but the phrase they will be quick to recognize. Hopefully they'll apply some critical thinking to it...and see the parallel to the marketplace.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 am
I'm glad they updated CrosStitch, I was beginning to think they weren't going to. whee  

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 am
Van's Warp Tour at the park today
Antique is gonna be fun
I'm hoping I can finally meet one of my FB friends and make him wear a dress >D
/waiting for announcements to load

Edit: dem CrossStitch items -w -  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 pm
Gaia gets me so mad with their tactics nowadays because they start a gold-sink event and THEN bump up the Gold generators? what...  

Etrikia

Shy Dabbler

23,175 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Married 100
  • Olympian 200

kiockalan

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 pm
Charismatic Loyal
I've been noticing a lot of announcements that are generally about 'this item is still here' or 'only x amount of time before it leaves!'.

I think they're really starting to feel the effects of users not buying Gcash items.

Also, ever since we reached that 50 tril goal, I'm waiting patiently for them to keep their end in fulfilling those tiers.

For instance, the beach party at Gold Beach. I've heard that they were planning to take down zOMG for a while, and I figured that the reason would be if they planned to actually implement the beach party inside the game.

Unless they meant like doing something in a different Flash space...I don't know. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up.

it would be wonderful if they did it at the completely useless pier section. just getting people back on to that game for a while would be fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:23 pm
Oh look, another goldsink.  

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:25 pm
Charismatic Loyal
I've been noticing a lot of announcements that are generally about 'this item is still here' or 'only x amount of time before it leaves!'.

I think they're really starting to feel the effects of users not buying Gcash items.

Also, ever since we reached that 50 tril goal, I'm waiting patiently for them to keep their end in fulfilling those tiers.

For instance, the beach party at Gold Beach. I've heard that they were planning to take down zOMG for a while, and I figured that the reason would be if they planned to actually implement the beach party inside the game.

Unless they meant like doing something in a different Flash space...I don't know. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up.
As far as zOMG! goes, they're going to be moving some popular areas to towns 2. So there is a real possibility that this is connected to the Beach Party. But when and for how long this "maintenance" will take is very vague. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 pm
I have this eerie feeling that zO M G won't return. If it truly does, it won't be the way it was before. There is no need to integrate it with towns. All they have to do it make the items available in both spaces, like bugs, trash and flowers in zomg, maybe an item or two in towns that we would normally get in zomg. I dunno. I just don't like it.

If it doesn't return, what abut the alchemy components? Of course they would have to provide us with those one way or another. Unfortunately I think they will only put out some new zomg rig for gaia cash in the end. Just another way to milk the uses of their money. If they don't, this will probably signal the end of alchemy as well.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash