Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[PRP] King of the Waterfalls (Mauhuiztic and Savitar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:37 pm
Geyser Eelborn
I know it. I love seeing character development! It did help Savitar trust him and earn respect because Mau is taking it strongly and that to Savitar's mind is important. I think he will struggle with the trusting but really the more they interact and speak, the more Savitar is softening to the idea of accepting Mau's services. Now I suppose I should draw up an action plan to make Savitar a leader XD

Savitar rolled his eyes and slightly curled his paw toes and pulled Mauhuiztic upwards and slightly tilted to use the smooth earth of the pit to guide him up. "Yes, yes you are a fool to give trust so easily. Learn to know who it is you encounter, Mau. Just like I would have to learn my enemies and what idiot decides to be my ally." He said moving his body back and using his steel toned muscles to help Mau up while trying not to, which was hard to do, jostle the injured shoulder.

Smirking the leopard patterned male with the great long fangs shook his head. "You'll just have to try and trust me. If you aren't willing to take risks then maybe you should just be a nanny or a teacher. Yes that would be a better spot for you to. Teaching. No risks involved and you can stay impartial." The larger feline drawled with sarcasm. "I don't need trust because you want to be all those things you listed. If you want to give me trust it has to come from free-will, not out of duty. There is no value in duty-bound trust."

The male lived alone mostly, sure. He had Alani the crafter he thought about and who helped him create teh pit's netting come over from time to time on her surfing boards to share a few waves and deep conversations but that was the only contact that was one on one in his personal space this feline has ever had. Anyone he encountered outside of his domain was brief. Very brief.

This was actually the second longest conversation and company he's had since his awakening. Savitar didn't like it. Well some part of him did but outwardly he was just being a meanie face! Hearing that Mauhuiztic had a long travel he snorted. "You'll stay until you are fully healed. Someone bigger might eat you, remember? My domain is large and spacious, you can stay in a nice spot while resting." Then Savitar grinned but it didn't touch his sharp, gemstone eyes. "I'll show you how welcoming I can be." That totally sounded like a scary thing indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:07 pm
"Mauhuiztic," the fire cat muttered. He'd let Nicomalixca call him Mau, and Tlallo could get away with it, too, but Nico and Tlallo were friends. Savitar was...someone he didn't want to have the sort of relationship where they knew each other by nicknames with. "My name is Mauhuiztic. And if nothing else, I shall never forget that lesson you have so...eloquently taught me." He hissed at a twinge from his shoulder and washed it again. It was going to hurt for a long time yet. Savitar's words caused him to pause and flick his eyes upwards to meet the other's. "Hm. I will take risks. This will not be my first injury." Teaching? There were no cubs yet! And nannying? Frankly, Mauhuiztic was insulted, and he hadn't thought he could be so easily.

He didn't hate cubs--he'd just never met any. And weren't cubs, well...rowdy? No. He'd rather avoid them if at all possible. Unreasonable creatures, they were. Another advantage to his lifestyle--no chance of settling down and getting bogged down by, of all things, kits. Mauhuiztic had a lot to do, and children did not factor into any of those. He'd much rather face danger than face the prospect of taking care of kits. "I suppose we will have to disagree about duty-bound trust, at least where it pertains to honor and oaths."

As for the other suggestion? Unthinkable. "I would rather not intrude on your hospitality," he repeated. In other words, Mau didn't trust Savitar as far as he could throw him. There was no way he was spending any longer in the presence of the other cat. He had no way of knowing if he had gained Savitar's trust, and he was positive he didn't want to experience another trust test. Not unless Savitar wanted to be the one to be injured. "Am I correct in thinking you are solitary by preference? If so, then I would merely get in your way."

krusnik05

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:29 pm
Geyser Eelborn

The sudden impulse to let go of Mauhuiztic and truly leave him to bake under the sun in the pit and get mauled by blood sucking bugs. That would teach him. Pulling Mau further to the safety of the ground he was on he stared at Mauhuiztic. Good. One of you existing in the world is enough. Hopefully you can walk on your own. I doubt this close proximity will make you anymore comfortable with you on my back." Even though he didn't want Mau to shred his shoulder anymore than necessary.

Wait. Why did he care? Let the male be in a little bit of pain for a while longer. Turning sharply he began to walk towards the entrance of his domain. Shut up Mauhuiztic and take the help I'm offering since my intention wasn't to have you hurt but scared. Clearly the palms had other ideas." Drawls with sarcasm dripping and a hint of coldness. There was the normal Savitar coming back into place. "I was born alone and prefer being alone. Does that stop me from having some in my domain? No. I have a friend in a water feline, Alani. You got in my way by coming here anyways so you might as well stay and heal first. Now shut it and accept what's being offered." Grumbles, glowering behind him at Mauhuiztic with a sharp look.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:51 pm
He could feel the other cat's grip on him loosen for just a second--a single, terrifying second. His claws twitched, almost out of their sheathes. No. Stay inside. You are not needed. On solid ground again, he finally bowed his head. "I can walk." He proved it by following Savitar back into his domain. He couldn't argue with Savitar's invitation (or, more accurately, his command). He was being offered hospitality--now he realized that it would be churlish, even damaging to his career, to refuse. "Thank you for your hospitality, Lord Savitar. Once again, I apologize for my rude behavior, this time in offending your honor." He returned Savitar's glance with a steady one, stripped of emotion.

He could last a few days here at least. He just needed to give the other cat some space. He could do that...but after that, he would need some time to rest and recuperate. And then, he had a long way to go yet.

krusnik05
Do you have any plans for how long this RP should be?

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:18 pm
Geyser Eelborn
Not really. I figured neither too long to not drag anything out but neither too short so that it won't be counted an rp towards magus aspirations. Did you have an idea of how this will end and the length?

Savitar broke through the thick trees into a world that was paradise. It was a glorious domain that was spacious and lush. It was green with rich and vibrant colors from flowers while also full of valuable resources including fruit giving trees. There were water falls along with the expanses of rock floors and grassy carpets, though as a metaphor.

Further along the well worn pathway Savitar walked was a coastline of white sands, palm trees and beautiful blue waters. It was the place he called home and felt the most at peace. Yet rather than going towards the sea, he went to a set of thick trees and took up one of the coconuts that opened. "Rub this one your wound and don't move. You can wash it out at the pools from the smaller water fall and take a drink but keep this applied. From there you decide when to leave." Savitar looked at Mauhuiztic with a stoic expression offering the coconut that had a pinkish ointment made from various herbs and flowers to help numb and heal injuries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:20 am
krusnik05
I imagine it will end possibly when Mauhuiztic goes to sleep or something to recover from his injury? But we can stretch it until he has recovered well enough to leave, with a time skip in the middle or something. Up to you. But I definitely agree, two full pages minimum.

Mauhuiztic followed Savitar, trying to keep up despite his clotting flesh wound. Distracted by the pain, he did not notice the flowers and ferns growing through the forest until they reached the inner sanctum of Savitar's realm. A beautiful, brightly-colored paradise of soft grass and ferns, flowers in every color of the rainbow, fruit trees as far as the eye could see. Orchids climbed the trees, and beyond the soft lawns, water falls poured over over rocks and grass, turning the air into a shimmering iridescence that graced the landscape. The water trickled and flowed down the white sand to mix with the surf. Mau was awestruck by the natural beauty, by blue skies and turquoise waters. This? This was the land of Savitar the, well, the savage? He ruled this place?

Part of him wanted to rebel. Rebel against that idea. But another part of him silenced that tiny, immature part of himself. This was a land full of life and vigor. Any cat would want to live here. It would take a fierce warrior to protect and keep it. This...this was Savitar's place. Savitar could, and would, hold it. Mauhuiztic nodded. Yes. It was his, and if he had not earned it yet, he would someday. There was no doubt to be had about that.

He jerked his head back towards the other cat. "Yes, thank you," he said. His mouth was working on automatic, still distracted by philosophy and prophecy. He followed Savitar to the coconut tree and dipped his paw into the pink ointment to rub on his shoulder. "Again, thank you for your hospitality, Lord Savitar."

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 pm
Geyser Eelborn
Fin?

Perhaps the mean feline thought that this beautiful place couldn't possibly belong to someone like him. When the very few that managed to enter his domain, including some Water tribe folks, they would bluntly say that this place was far too beautiful for the likes of him to hold as a territory. Of course Savitar told them to go stuff it and never to come back if they didn't like it or could always fight him for it. The former option was the best one those select few picked.

Making sure that the wound over Mauhuiztic's shoulder was well covered Savitar moved away from Mauhuiztic grunting softly in response to the thank yous. He wasn't used to them but didn't mind hearing it from time to time. The large male picked up a fresh fish from a weaved basket of dried palm leaves and brought it over to Mau. "No thanks is necessary when I gave you that wound indirectly. Now eat and rest. You are going to need it to walk a long distance and find other leaders to bother." Drawls with sarcasm. Then looked at the male. "What do you think of my domain?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm
Mauhuiztic took the fish gratefully. His head was all abuzz with new experiences and new thoughts. He would need to rest some more--sleep, even--to get them all aligned. So many things to think about, so much to process, so much to think about what he'd learned. So much to remember for tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after. So much to think about for life.

"Your domain is fruitful, and I can see it as a peaceful haven. And I have confidence that you can keep it so, if any can." A thought occurred to him amongst all of the other ones milling around, and he found himself with a small smile on his face. "I don't recall, have I asked you yet if it is your intention to allow others in your domain, to lead them and keep them safe. I suppose I was so busy thinking about your reputation that I forgot to ask you. Whether you choose to rule others or not," he shrugged, then winced at the pain, "I think, from what I have seen from you today, that you will be a fine protector for this place, and a fine leader for any who choose to follow you." And I suspect, someday, they will. If you let them.

krusnik05
Sorry it's taken me so long DDD8 You can end it in the next post.

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:55 pm
Savitar watched the male take the offered fish and hoped that Mauhuiztic enjoyed it as much as the large male who offered it enjoyed hunting for it. Listening to Mau's words the large Savitar stood up shaking out his fur and stretched slowly. "You have asked but whether or not just a thing comes to pass remains to be seen. It will take time and perhaps a lot of patience for me to want to be around anyone other than myself and the ocassional visitor that I have given permission to enter."

Growling low at the other male moving his back shoulder he sighed softly and rolled his eyes a bit, in that Savitar manner. "As for my reputation, I like that it scares people. Perhaps it will back fire in the future but it can be used as a tool to keep unwanted rivals away. Who knows maybe something will change me and my mind." Until the he was enjoying his life as it was.

Turning away he began to leave Mau alone. "I trust that you will find your way out of my home when you are feeling better. Know that you will be watched by me in the shadows. Good day to you Mauhuiztic. Fair and safe travel to you." Savitar bid his guest a kind farewell and left Mauhuiztic to space and time to heal until he leaves to no doubt other lands in offering his variety of services that anyone can benefit from and with someone like Mau perhaps there could be a nice peaceful balance in the world that is well maintained.

~FIN~

[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces