Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[PRP] You Look Like You Need Help! (Icpitl and Evren)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:24 pm
User ImageThere was no cause to panic. None at all. Sometimes a cat did something and got themself in trouble. Perfectly alright. No reason to panic. No trouble at all. None. At. All. He could get out of this. He just...needed a bit of help. At some point in the future. Any, really. He would be alright for a while.

Icpitl was a ranger. He knew his forest down to the last root and pebble, he knew what animals lived within it, he could recognize a bird by its call, and he could make snares and traps with which to catch his food. He preferred to make them out of twisted bits of vine interwoven with bitter bark and thorns. Which worked quite well for catching animals. Until, y'know, he forgot where he'd laid a snare and found himself stuck in it. It was wrapped around his front paw and neck, pinning that appendage to his head and forcing him to hop-skip around. Even if he had enough wriggle room to bite through the snare, it would be unpleasant. And his other paw couldn't reach around at the right angle to use his telekinesis. So...in short, he was stuck. He needed to find a sharp stone to rub the snare against, and unfortunately, the only one he knew of was on the other side of the forest. So that left the earth cat hopping through the forest, trying to wriggle out of his noose and escape. Thankfully, he was not too badly hurt--he knew better than to struggle inside the trap. But it was awkward and embarrassing.

He wished there was someone around to help him out. It was just so awkward!

~Twilight...Angel~
Just tell me if you don't like being quoted.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 pm
User Image

Evren was wandering about the forest. She enjoyed listening to the creatures and such in the trees. Enjoyed looking around at all the various plants. Never really knowing what she could find within the forest!

As she continued on, she heard something. She wasn't sure what it was at first, but then she heard it again. Some kind of... rustling. The sounds of something stuck someplace. She wasn't sure, but decided that it would probably be best if she headed toward the noise, rather than away from it. She didn't want to pass up the chance to help someone out of a situation.

What she came upon was something she had certainly never seen before. A male B'alam seemed to be stuck in some kind of snare. Whatever the reason, if was a rather silly sight. Not many ended up caught in their own traps. She knew it might have been a bit of an assumption to think it had been his own trap, but only rangers who took care of this place even set traps in the forest. It was a kind of privilege that they each had.

Evren approached the male and gently placed her paw on him. "Do you need some help out of that?" She asked him with a darling smile. Not wanting to put him off because of his weird... situation.

Geyser Eelborn

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm
Icpitl had been so caught up in trying to escape from his snare that he'd failed to notice the scent of another B'alam nearby. By the time he noticed her scent, he was right in front of her, still hop-skipping across the forest. He didn't see many B'alam in the forest--not that they weren't allowed there, but the density of B'alam across the world was not so great yet that there could be many meetings. He didn't mind meeting new people, of course--as a ranger of these woods, he was a caretaker, not an owner. Any cat could walk through the forest, so long as they did not harm the wild and so long as they kept peaceful. That was why Ranger was there--to keep the forest free from conflict. To see another cat here lifted his heart.

It helped that she was a beautiful she-cat, too, touched with stars and the swirls of the night sky. Oh, she was gorgeous, and her voice was quite pretty, too. Icpitl grinned sheepishly at her from the snare, his tail flicking only slightly at the feel of another's paw on him. Normally he might have shied away, but given his current circumstance... "My lady, no words can express the gratitude I would have for you should you help me out. Only be careful--I'm afraid I thought I was being terribly clever and I wove this with thorns. So it may p***k you to untangle."

~Twilight...Angel~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 am

Evren smiled even larger at the other. She thought it was semi-amusing that he would go and make such a trap that he would have difficulty getting out of it on his own. It seemed that one should probably be able to get out of their own trap just in case something like this were to happen.

"Don't you think you should have been a bit more careful? Especially if you took extra measures to make the trap a bit more... effective?" She looked over the trap around the others neck and leg. "Hmmm... This one certainly will be rather tricky to get off..."

She lightly pulled at the trap near his paw, trying to get her teeth through the branches. She certainly hoped that it was easy enough to break the trap apart. As she pulled a bit harder, she hoped she wasn't hurting him too much...

Evren pulled back and looked at the trap again. "Did that seem to help at all?"

Geyser Eelborn

Sorry it took so long! D:

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:25 pm
Well...yes, in retrospect, it was quite silly to have gotten himself caught in his own trap. I set so many traps I caught myself! "I can't think of any way I shouldn't have been more careful in. Remembering where I set my traps, making them more easy to get out of..." Suddenly, a thought occurred to Icpitl, and it wasn't a pleasant thought. In fact, it was a quite terrifying thought, and one that made his insides quiver and quease. These traps and snares, so difficult to get out of...he'd left them all over the place...what if someone else had gotten stuck in them?! What if they were the one injured? He had a horrible mental image of his savior stuck in a snare made of brambles, unable to move, unable to wriggle free...

He tried to push the thought from his mind, instead squirming his paw. "Yes. Very foolish of me." He winced at the hard pull she gave on the snare, but refused to make a sound. That would not do, that would not do... "Yes, I think so," he squeaked. And, indeed, with a wriggle of his paw and shoulders he was able to squirm out of the trap. "I'm afraid I've left quite a lot of those around," he murmured. He turned back towards her. "I am Icpitl. What name may I call you, dear lady?"

~Twilight...Angel~

[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff