Submit

NynaeveSilverwind

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:15 pm
I'm just wondering if I'm crazy or imagining it, but did Gaia reset the MP graph at some point? Because the year view of all the MP revenue doesn't show the insanity that was going on in 13, just the last few months.

Also, why is the guild not reporting any of the antics to the BBB? Gaia has a B+ rating with them, and one of the reasons listed are that they have a low complaint volume.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 am
NynaeveSilverwind
I'm just wondering if I'm crazy or imagining it, but did Gaia reset the MP graph at some point? Because the year view of all the MP revenue doesn't show the insanity that was going on in 13, just the last few months.

Also, why is the guild not reporting any of the antics to the BBB? Gaia has a B+ rating with them, and one of the reasons listed are that they have a low complaint volume.
As for the mp, I have no idea. I stopped trying to read that chart long ago.

BBB is the middleman for buyers and sellers. I'm pretty sure most of us aren't technically "buyers." lol Although, it does say this: "This includes complaints involving consumer-to-business and business-to-business transactions that involve the advertisement and/or sale of a product or service." I think that would include GC Ad bombardments and Gold Generators?  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 am
NynaeveSilverwind

The graph uses a linear scale. If it would use a logarithmic scale instead, we could see more details on Gaia's past economic status. Sadly, the only way to study it is through a potentially-exhausting analysis of past threads in the Item Exchange forums.

Last Trickster Prince
Gaia's weaknesses?
I think it would be a good idea to identify and use Gaia's weaknesses.

• Personnel and resources already allocated for existing tasks
    will not be easily available for new needs.
  • Acute class differences.
  • The general public may over time become apathetic, skepti-
    cal, and even hostile to the regime.
  • Intellectuals may become restless

Let me add that Gaia's PR staff (if one ever exists) has neglected offsite PR. If they do, Glassdoors won't be at the state it is today, and copies of vandalized versions of the CEO's Crunchbase profile would never exist.

Last Trickster Prince
How are we supposed to reach our goals?
More events! I think it would be a good idea to organize them off Gaia so they don't have a chance to brace themselves. I suggest creating a guild tumblr. I know we have tinychat but we'd have to rely on lots of us being on it at the same. With tumblr, people can contribute to the conversation at any time of day. We could post articles from the magazine(only a select few) for the benefit of the tumblr community. You know they would eat that s**t up.

I'd add some more sites to your list:

1. Reddit: Although other parts might appreciate our ramblings, I expect that /r/truegaming would be most receptive of our posts.
  2. Cracked: Luke McKinney, one of the site's established gaming writers, has submitted there articles about highly-priced virtual items and "d**k moves in online gaming". Maybe we can share him our experiences with Gaia and suggest that he writes about them.
  3. Urban Dictionary: What words could we define with Gaia-related definitions? The entry for hyperinflation, for example, lays wide open. We could create other entries for other words. However, before publishing, proposed entries would be reviewed by other editors (read: other users) either for rejection or approval. An entry I tried to make got rejected in minutes, so we need other users to approve entries we make as soon as we submit them for review.
  4. Uncyclopedia: Gaia Online's entry in this satirical wiki is currently a redirect to the page for Earth. The edit history seems to have salvageable content.
  5. Encyclopedia Dramatica: Like Uncyclopedia, but more offensive in tone (so I'm not linking to any part of it). Has dedicated entries for Gaia Online and the Site Feedback forum.
  6. KnowYourMeme: Gaia's entry in this site (not linking to it since it contains the real name of he-who-must-not-be-named, but you can Google it) contains an outdated section about the new management's actions. One of the editors of the entry is a user of Gaia who is aware of what's going on. Maybe we could ask him for an update. Or request editorship by ourselves (but remember to write other things about Gaia so that people would know what will be lost when Gaia goes down).
  7. Twitter: Not much is going on here. Can we decide about hashtags that we can use here when talking about Gaia?

For many cases, I compiled a detailed economic analysis that uses data from several years back (from the perspective of an item that Boxxy used to quest for). It would be an excellent starting point of discussion on our offsite campaigns.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 am
Alexius08
NynaeveSilverwind

The graph uses a linear scale. If it would use a logarithmic scale instead, we could see more details on Gaia's past economic status. Sadly, the only way to study it is through a potentially-exhausting analysis of past threads in the Item Exchange forums.

Last Trickster Prince
Gaia's weaknesses?

Let me add that Gaia's PR staff (if one ever exists) has neglected offsite PR. If they do, Glassdoors won't be at the state it is today, and copies of vandalized versions of the CEO's Crunchbase profile would never exist.

Last Trickster Prince
More events! I think it would be a good idea to organize them off Gaia so they don't have a chance to brace themselves. I suggest creating a guild tumblr. I know we have tinychat but we'd have to rely on lots of us being on it at the same. With tumblr, people can contribute to the conversation at any time of day. We could post articles from the magazine(only a select few) for the benefit of the tumblr community. You know they would eat that s**t up.

1. Reddit: Although other parts might appreciate our ramblings, I expect that /r/truegaming would be most receptive of our posts.
  2. Cracked: Luke McKinney, one of the site's established gaming writers, has submitted there articles about highly-priced virtual items and "d**k moves in online gaming". Maybe we can share him our experiences with Gaia and suggest that he writes about them.
  3. Urban Dictionary: What words could we define with Gaia-related definitions? The entry for hyperinflation, for example, lays wide open. We could create other entries for other words. However, before publishing, proposed entries would be reviewed by other editors (read: other users) either for rejection or approval. An entry I tried to make got rejected in minutes, so we need other users to approve entries we make as soon as we submit them for review.
  4. Uncyclopedia: Gaia Online's entry in this satirical wiki is currently a redirect to the page for Earth. The edit history seems to have salvageable content.
  5. Encyclopedia Dramatica: Like Uncyclopedia, but more offensive in tone (so I'm not linking to any part of it). Has dedicated entries for Gaia Online and the Site Feedback forum.
  6. KnowYourMeme: Gaia's entry in this site (not linking to it since it contains the real name of he-who-must-not-be-named, but you can Google it) contains an outdated section about the new management's actions. One of the editors of the entry is a user of Gaia who is aware of what's going on. Maybe we could ask him for an update. Or request editorship by ourselves (but remember to write other things about Gaia so that people would know what will be lost when Gaia goes down).
  7. Twitter: Not much is going on here. Can we decide about hashtags that we can use here when talking about Gaia?

For many cases, I compiled a detailed economic analysis that uses data from several years back (from the perspective of an item that Boxxy used to quest for). It would be an excellent starting point of discussion on our offsite campaigns.
Excellent ideas! I hope you don't mind me just copy-pasting the list of offsite platforms and ideas for the first post. (:

For hashtags we could use #flynnflation #[he-who-must-not-be-named] #toodamnhigh #revgaia. We could use these same hashtags for other social sites, too!  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:45 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08
NynaeveSilverwind

Last Trickster Prince
Gaia's weaknesses?

Last Trickster Prince

Excellent ideas! I hope you don't mind me just copy-pasting the list of offsite platforms and ideas for the first post. (:

For hashtags we could use #flynnflation #[he-who-must-not-be-named] #toodamnhigh #revgaia. We could use these same hashtags for other social sites, too!

Facebook and Tumblr also uses hashtags. And GIFs spread quickly on Tumblr. I need help on implementing this plan, so go ahead and recruit more propagandists.

EDIT: Here's some propaganda posters I made. Most of the needs further editing.

User Image
Modeled after the "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters. The crown might need to be replaced.

User Image
Needs to be edited into a poster that says 'Wake Up, Gaians!'

User Image
User Image
I haven't thought of captions for these pictures of people literally drowning in a sea of gold.

User Image
The Russian text at the top reads, "The Motherland calls!". All text in this poster needs to be changed, but I managed to edit in Boxxy into this. At least, we could user her as a poster child for Gaia's golden age.

User Image
I haven't touched this one yet, but the goblet could be edited into a gold gen item. You decide on the caption.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:32 am
Alexius08
Facebook and Tumblr also uses hashtags. And GIFs spread quickly on Tumblr. I need help on implementing this plan, so go ahead and recruit more propagandists.

EDIT: Here's some propaganda posters I made. Most of the needs further editing.

User Image
Modeled after the "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters. The crown might need to be replaced.

User Image
Needs to be edited into a poster that says 'Wake Up, Gaians!'

User Image
User Image
I haven't thought of captions for these pictures of people literally drowning in a sea of gold.

User Image
The Russian text at the top reads, "The Motherland calls!". All text in this poster needs to be changed, but I managed to edit in Boxxy into this. At least, we could user her as a poster child for Gaia's golden age.

User Image
I haven't touched this one yet, but the goblet could be edited into a gold gen item. You decide on the caption.
I feel like "Keep calm and buy more gold generators" would be a better one. Since it IS a Keep calm poster. xD

Drowning in Gold could be captioned "I touched the booty."

I don't understand what everyone's sudden obsession with Boxxy is about. I didn't even know she was even a member of Gaia until R:G started talking about it. Anyway, I don't feel comfortable about using someone as a poster child without their knowledge or consent. o 3o

We could fill the glass with gold and jewels as a nod to Gambino's Jewels.

I could probably make gifs. I'm still learning but I could do at least half-way decent ones. lol I just need some ideas.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:23 am
Last Trickster Prince
I feel like "Keep calm and buy more gold generators" would be a better one. Since it IS a Keep calm poster. xD

There are two other posters from the series. Apart from the "Keep Calm and Carry On" one, a second read as "Freedom is in Peril, Defend It with All Your Might" and a third one read as "Your Courage, Your Cheerfulness, Your Resolution Will Bring Us Victory"

Last Trickster Prince
I don't understand what everyone's sudden obsession with Boxxy is about. I didn't even know she was even a member of Gaia until R:G started talking about it. Anyway, I don't feel comfortable about using someone as a poster child without their knowledge or consent. o 3o

That particular poster would be more useful for offsite campaigns than for onsite posts (since outside the chatterbox and the GD, most other forums are saturated with complaints about the economy and the announcements). My analysis of the emo bag's price, in particular, uses Boxxy's thread as a reference point.

Also, Boxxy's official website features a photoshopped picture of her turned into Che Guevarra (although I'm not completely sure of how those stuff were used). So, unless the thread on my economic analysis attracts enough attention from Boxxy fans, we can set aside the poster for later use.  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff