Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Endless Plains
[FIN] Opportunities Come In Many Forms (Ajax x Alani)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:33 pm
User Image Since his awakening, Ajax couldn't remember many ugly days, save this past couple of story days. But now that the sun was back out, there was no keeping the black tribal male indoors. And who could blame him? The Rose Chief honestly felt bad for any B'alam not out and about enjoying this day, like his poor Nantlil, Bones. She was doing him a favor, to stay in Milintic Square and tend to matters of importance for him. Being at the top of a ladder in the only clan so far in their realm was a stressful job that he took very seriously. It was a bitter sweet blessing. But none the less he wore his golden rose on a hemp twine around his neck with pride.

In his roaming of the endless plains, he came to rest under a tree which he began to size up with intention to climb. It was a large tree with not many branches, it would surely offer him a challenge.

krusnik05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:38 pm
Conrad The Mighty

User Image

Coming from the nearest coast that had water caves, white sandy shores with the bluest and clearest sea water that were prime harvests for beautiful treasures that were gifted to the aquatic world, Alani carried a sack full of those treasures of shells, conch, coral and seaweed because she really liked munching on that and pearls of all types.

The water tribe female was traveling from her ocean front home into the deeper world of earth to explore. After having woken up from what felt like a forever sleep and creating a bond with two other water tribesmen as her siblings, Alani wanted to explore this world she woke up in some more. Perhaps she also wanted to find her place to never feel that out of place sensation.

Don't be mistaken, this feline enjoyed laying about like a beach bum getting warmed by the sun and getting bathed by the ocean when it reached up to the shores to greet her every time. Alani also enjoyed sitting on her surf board and manipulate the waves every so often to encourage it to give her something really good to surf or to see where the currents would take her.

But that was days ago and right now she was in the forest trying to navigate through the vast land, especially with all these trees! They all were different from each other in form, shape and size even though they all no doubt came from the same tree species. There was a break in the treeline as she moved through the plains. Thankfully she had enough water in her orbs to last her until she got to a fresh water body to recharge otherwise this exploring would be hell on her.

In her endless wonderings and musings in her mind she stopped a few feet from the scent and then sight of another B'alam. Only this one was very different from her. It wasn't the gender, because yes that one of the differences but who was looking?, it wasn't their coats and coloring because everyone couldn't look exactly the same unless they were born that way which would be great, it was the very fact that this male had no orbs on him.

Curiosity got the better of her and she walked a few more steps to be sure then smiled, no doubt a random intruder but a friendly one she hoped to assure. "That tree looks really hard to climb. Think you can make it up there and back down without trouble, friend?" Came a serene toned voice from Alani.

(OOC: Sorry for it being so long! Hopefully it's alright >>)  

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:32 am
To his knowledge, Ajax had never been snuck-up on, and he wasn't about to tarnish that good title now. If the light jingling of the items that the stranger brought with her wasn't enough of a give away, there was always the unmistakeable scent of the ocean. It was his duty to be informed of the different tribe members and what their 'territories' had to offer. To this point, the only discovered territory he had not yet visited was that of the Ice Tribe. If he had he way, he would wait until he had a Fire Tribe Magus to accompany him to keep him warm in the (pardon the pun) ice cold tundra.

Not startled at all, Ajax turned his head to the pleasant voice with a smile and a nod. He was, however, pleasantly surprised to see colors similar to him. Most of the water tribe B'alam he had met were some shade of blue, green, or white.

"What's life without a little challenge?" He offered back with as much politeness as he could muster. He was considering continuing on with his tree climbling adventure when a tug of his intuition directed differently. In response to this he turned his whole body and bowed his head down.

"I am Ajax, Rose Chief of the Bayeux Clan. Who do I have the pleasure of crossing paths with on this beautiful day?" Ajax's speech pattern was formal, but not without genuine attentiveness.

krusnik05
Totally alright! I enjoy the challenge! I'm just sorry my opening post was a little wimpy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:38 pm
Conrad The Mighty
No way your post was a good introduction! Better than what I would have done! <3

Alani kept herself relaxed. Every part of her was relaxed....like beach bum relaxed but being that she was a female and this was a male, Alani had to keep her wits about her and protect herself. This female had tricks and could defend herself very well, something that she found out on her own with a shark.

Back to the present she watched the male speak with her politely, respectfully. Good this was good. It was the right paw to start off with when it came to strange encounters. "You're right. Life would be boring and even meaningless if there weren't any challenges. Makes things very interesting." Alani agreed even though challenges for her were far and few in between since her life was very simple, carefree and liberating.

Watching the male turn to fully face her she stepped forward and gave a deep bow with one paw in front of her and her forehead gems nearly touching the ground but didn't. It was an elegant and perhaps incredibly formal but that was something she came up with that showed respect and her honest intentions. Rising up slowly after the male, Ajax Rose Chief of the Bayeux Clan introduced himself the female straightened herself out in front of this leader. "That is impressive Ajax. I'm honored to be in your presence. I am Alani of the water tribe, Mistress of the Waves." That was really the extent of her titles since she had no clan really to claim. What she could claim are adopted siblings in a brother and sister as well as her magic ability towards the waves but that was about it.

"I really do home I'm not bothering your day, Ajax. I'm simply passing by this earth land to see if I'll find my place or not." Alani had a plan on what would happen if she didn't find her place in the earth lands, at least there were bodies of waters in the form of lakes, rivers and streams that she had found and rather enjoyed swimming in. Of course they weren't as great as her ocean...still water was water.

"But first, I wish to see you reach up to the top and then back from the tree so I can gift you a small trinket of achievement either for you to keep or to give to a sweetheart." Alani had many treasures with her.

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:01 pm
Ajax too was impressed at both her form and her knowledge of herself established this far. There were the increasingly rarer interactions with other B'alams that had just awoken and hadn't given much thought to the levels of such thought yet. Goodness knows he had to hope harder for some than others.. Needless to say, he was not about to be goated into something. But this was a friendly competition, a show more elaborate than bowing and manners to show respect and trust to another. Plus, he was planning on doing so anyways!

"You have yourself a deal, Mistress of the Waves." He gave a suave, playful wink and hunched himself down near the ground at the base of the tree intending to jump. Yes, he was showing off a little, and this could be taken as motions a little flirty, but it was just a show to bond some. If a male gave him the same challenge, he would demand they both climbed the tree to see who was the best or be overly macho show boating. It was an exposure of his inner most level of being.

After a fair amount of angling himself, he leaped up and used the first lowest branch as yet another leap pad in one fluid motion. The branches then opened up to him, exposing their true inner workings, and the way up. Sometimes a slightly different angle could make worlds of difference. From there he assessed which of the branches he could use for force and which he needed to take his time with and made a map. From there the execution was simple enough, he just had to control each little muscle on his body, keeping his weight balanced in a motion for him to propel himself up with.

In a matter of moments he was up, then followed his path back on the way down. But the focus on the journey down was more claw strength and balance than pure muscle strength and motioning. His heart was in his throat and the adrenaline pumped through his veins like ice to cool his red hot muscles. Terribly addicting, he thought as he reached the bottom again.

"Ta-Da!" Ajax offered a grin and a nod of the head as he stood proudly.

krusnik05

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:55 pm
Conrad The Mighty

Alani smiled at the suave and playful male sitting down in her spot while placing her bag of trinkets next to her. The orange and black striped feline's tail curled around her paws, the tip tapping in a silent rhythm that only the tail knew. Watching Ajax's display the female laughed softly in amusement. The male was truly a sight to see because he was the first male she had encountered seeing as the first male was her adopted brother and she saw him as a brother. Ajax was of course a finely made male but this was a meeting of friends nothing more than that. Alani first had to see the world and know her place before she decided the next chapters of her world.

Putting those thoughts aside to admire the strong male watching him leap up onto the tree from one branch to the next one in a careful calculation of going up the tree and with the same fluid motions went down the tree to stand before her proud and victorious! Ajax had conquered the tree! Lifting her paws, Alani clapped in applause. "That was amazing! You are now the Amazing Ajax, Master Treeclimber!" She cheered then laughed.

"As promised for a great feat being accomplished, you can pick anything you wish from my bag of trinkets." Smiling the water female opened up her bags and took out various items; stringed pearls, shells of various colors and even the tooth of a shark as necklaces, bracelets, headdresses or some other ornaments that can be placed in ones den. Alani smiled up at Ajax. "Since you are the first friend I've encounter you can pick two items. Consider them as gifts from the water tribe."

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:09 am
Ajax nodded, laughing as he accepted his title with a fraction of a bow sharply. He mouthed, 'thank you, thank you' after the applause. Inwardly he was giddy, but his brow arched as a curled grin spread across his cheeks. It was a more grown up, professional -ish, genuinely appreciative look.

Again his words were formal, but warm as his baritone voice which fluctuated to put emphasis on his words as a practiced fact. "My word, The Master Treeclimber, admires the Wondrous Treasures this Master of the Water Elements Alani has to offer. Which oh which should I choose."

Ajax pondered the question as if it was a riddle, each decision would surely change the course of the conversation. The wrong choice could have devastating consequences. Of course, there was no such dire stakes, it was just how his mind worked.

"I shall go for the Tooth shark Necklace, which would make a wonderful addition to display my Diplomat rose aside. And this bracelet string of black, purple and white pearls for my dear Bones. You and her could get along very well I'd wager." Bones was so very curious, she would have so many questions for Alani. Using his telepathy, Ajax picked out the items, put on the necklace and carried the bracelet beside him.

"Thank you very much, Master of the Water Elements, Alani."

krusnik05
Sorry about that lag, had some personal stuff going on, but now I'm focused on this, you have my word. But omg I just got a great idea for the Clan from this RP so far. Hahaha! Soon to come.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:12 pm
Conrad The Mighty
It's alright! I'm going through some stuffs too and I understand. Oh? I'm looking forward to this idea!

The water tribess laughed some more shaking her head. Yet what caught her attention and curiosity on what the Diplomat rose was. Smiling that he thought she and Bones, who had to be his mate, would get along that sounded especially nice. There wasn't another female she encountered that wasn't her adopted sister. So....Alani had assumed it would be difficult to relate to anyone.

"That sounds wonderful. Sometime I would like to meet your dear Bones." She said sincerely an smiled at the male until she bowed her head. "It's my honor. But if you don't mind my asking something...what is a Diplomat rose? Are you a diplomat to a clan?" If so then he must be one of the best diplomat's out there.

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 pm
Ajax nodded his head back and forth, considering different answers.
"I suppose I am a mix of diplomat and warrior. I'm the Rose Chief for the Bayeux clan. I established it, you could say. Or I am establishing it." Since nothing is ever perfect, it was still a work in progress. But his chest swelled with pride all the same. This was his contribution to the realm, an answer to a growing need of belonging and some form of structure. The Bayeux was not strict, nor was it without regulations. It was in a large happy middle place.

"Would you like to accompany me back to Milintic Square? It's the center of the clan, you could say. I think there's a new term, I'm not sure yet, but it may be a colony, where all other tribe members are welcome to become Champions." Yes, Bones, would probably very much enjoy his company.

"Roses are the way we display our position in the clan. I suppose I should carry several colored roses, as I am really a Jack Of All Trades." He smiled and shrugged off the title. It would fit well for another, but not for him.

krusnik05

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:37 pm
Conrad The Mighty

Listening attentively to Ajax's explanations....She was intrigued. More than intrigued she was curious. Gathering all her trinkets with a loving paw to place back into her bag the water female wanted to know more. Yes she wanted to know more about this Bayeux clan and how to become a Champion. "That sounds rather amazing, especially since you are creating something new in our new world and awakening." This was an awakening where everything was a clean and brand new slate for life now.

There was no past and no ancestors, only them who will one day become ancestors in the present and future. It was what Ajax was beginning to do that were laying down the foundations of grand possibilities and opportunities for their kind.

Nodding Alani laughed and smiled brightly some more. "Then you should have a rose that has each petal representing all the colors. Or a rose that shows your status as someone who carries on many responsibilities though that must be tiring for you. Is there no one else to be part of your clan? I would be honored to accompany you to Milintic Square." This is exactly what she had been hoping for. Something that had meaning and purpose which for some odd reason it felt right to decide in going to Milintic Square.

"Perhaps...I would join your clan, Ajax. I would like to learn more but seeing as my adventure includes learning about others like us coming together this is almost like a wish coming true."

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:18 pm
Ajax smiled, her words brought him great pride. That was exactly along the lines of what he had intended for the Clan and the people that would now and futurely wander this realm.

"Exactly, this is the opportunity of a lifetime, quite literally, to leave one's mark on our culture to be remembered for all of time." In his mind he pictured his own son or daughter handing the Rose Chief title down to their child, down through the lines. He would have to eventually begin to figure out how to pick an heir.. But that was far down the line!

"The clan is open to any B'alam of any tribe. We will encourage our Merchants to travel to lands where there may be no Champions to benefit their own needs. I shall consider this rose color business, thank you for your input, Alani. Would you like to accompany me back there?" It filled his heart with joy to discover others loved his idea so much, they wanted to join. Every Champion had a piece of his heart with them.

"I think you would make a fantastic Crafter for the Clan!"

krusnik05
Sorry about the lag, I had some RL drama I had to take care of. Alls well now! How do you want to wrap this up?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 pm
Conrad The Mighty
It's alright. We can wrap it up with this post if you like with her walking with Ajax on the path to the Clan? Is your decision for her Crafter?

Alani nodded her agreement to his view. It was true. They were just now awakening for what purpose than to create a brand new world with them in it to be the founders of a rich culture or a culture that can be torn. All by their paws.

Hearing that the clan is open to any B'alam of any tribe was a very ambitious and inspiring endeavor. One that she would be glad to be apart of. "Yes I would like to accompany you there and see this clan you are creating." Placing the bag over her back she stood up, curling her tail slightly.

You truly think so? I've yet to learn more about crafting and my area is narrowed considering I like working with materials from the ocean. But if that is what you think then I will try to help open my horizons for the clan." The Water tribess smiled deeply.

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:18 pm
-el fin-

krusnik05
Yeah, lets go with a crafter until at least we get the world officially going, then if she's better suited as a diplomat, we can take her over.

[ RP Zone ] The Endless Plains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games