Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh My Boo

Wealthy Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:27 pm
A dream is a wish your heart makes

OK, so irl, she is really sweet and helps me with homework and stuff, i enjoy being in her company.
But on Gaia its like shes a COMPLETELY different person, and it makes me sad.

So she buys Cash Cards all the time (idk where she finds them, she tells me some walmart) so When I gave her some money and asked her to buy me some, she lied ( i know she did) and said, "oh my dad's not taking me to buy them again."

I know she lied cause she was talking with a mutual friend of ours that she went to buy some more for herself and her friend from Middle school (her supposed best friend) meanwhile i'm sitting there like, what am I chop liver???

She bought Kitty March and Sheepy March, knowing i'm questing for them and messaged me about random s**t ( I can tell she was bored) she was showing off crying

whats worse, she got bored of Kitty March and gave it to that Middle school friend of hers. Do I even matter as a friend anymore??

So what should I do guys, like tell her straight up that shes a greedy b***h when it comes to Gaia

EDIT: Forgot to mention, she always says shes quitting, then she'll offer us things, then she cancels the trade. She only ever participates in Giveaways (she always asks me when I'm gonna organize one, cause I always talk about how I wanna do one). Shes good at drawing, so when I ask her for art, she says that my avis are too hard to draw, or that she doesn't have time (she has like 1 AP class, I have 4).

I must calm down, but Idk what to do, she got mad at me when she found out i was gifted something expensive on my birthday

When you're fast asleep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 pm
She doesn't sound like a genuine person. If I were you I would stop being her friend, stop talking to her, or just treat her like a simple acquaintance. "Hi", "bye", that's it.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's just that my experience has taught me to brush off people that leave a negative impression on me.
sweatdrop  

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,600 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 pm
I'm getting the vibe that she just wants to have more expensive stuff than you and wants you to know that she does. It's very shady how she couldn't go get you a cash card, when you offered the money for it and she was going anyway. It wouldn't have taken any effort on her part since she was already going, but she lied so you couldn't get a card. The fact that she randomly messaged you after getting those said items definitely tells me she was showing off just to show off. I mean it's one thing for two friends to be going for the same items, but to literally get bored of the item and give it away (and to have you find out, since you know), just strikes me that she only got it to show off to you and she didn't actually want it. I think what puts the icing on the cake is the fact that she was mad that you were gifted an expensive item for your birthday. A friend shouldn't get angry of all things over another friend getting a gift, on their birthday for god's sake. She's basically saying you shouldn't have gotten that gift by getting angry about it.

Like I said, she appears to just like knowing she has more expensive stuff than you, and having a way to get it that you don't. Hearing you get something expensive ticks her off, there is no point in that, other than her wanting to be "better". I think in this case, I probably wouldn't want to be her friend anymore. I mean it's nice and all that she can be friendly to you offline, but when it comes to some website on the internet that shouldn't change. She shouldn't suddenly have a different attitude with you whether you're on here or anywhere else. That's some dumb negativity brought on for no reason at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:49 pm
There is a misunderstanding happening between you and your friend.
You will have to express to her in IRL what you have notice on Gaia apart from how she is IRL and how you are confused or bothered by it. Give the Why (mention the above-summarize: meaning leave out your annoyance after the fact) Always try to give the benefit of doubt.
Do not open the discussion with blame or any other negativity that may have built up.
Instead assure to get your facts straight on what you noticed. Tell her ideally what you were expecting and how the way her avatar acts towards your avatar is not your ideal Gaia / IRL friend material. And possibly that its best to keep the two separate or not at all to either one or both types of friendships emotion_yatta

Talk it out. Come up with a beneficial solution. Whether it works out or not, keep your cool. Do what is best for the both and agree to disagree.

heart Do your best  

Nikia

Hygienic Browser

5,825 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Statustician 100

moxie foxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:24 pm
So when it comes down to your own happiness, you need to push all negative people out of your life. It may seem really upsetting at first and can make you feel bad, but in the long term, you will see it was for the better. So perhaps don't do anything like delete her (though by the sounds of it she won't notice if you do) Just perhaps try to have as little contact as you can with her. For example, you can just try not talking to her, or just have brief, small talk like conversations. If she asks you what's up or notices any differences then I'd say definitely bring it up, or another option is for you to talk it out with her and try to make her see. Don't do this on gaia, and it's best to perhaps do it with her alone, so invite her out or round your house, then sit down with a cup of tea and discuss how you feel about what she is doing. It may not be intentional!

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games