Visitors
  Me!
View Results

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:48 pm
Cerulean Miko

*waves*

Hi sweetheart! Just had to say hi to you here along with our fun exchanges on recolor. emotion_hug

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:04 pm
0Ul
Cerulean Miko

*waves*

Hi sweetheart! Just had to say hi to you here along with our fun exchanges on recolor. emotion_hug
*waves back* whee emotion_hug  

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:57 pm
0Ul
This right here is what really burns my tits off. Gaia releasing these vulgar poses and then scolding/warning/banning users for using them. I, myself, received a warning this past week for bringing all of this up in a (admittedly blatant) thread in Site Feedback. Little whore poses are designed to be utilized for that exact reason, and it's on Gaia staff and artists for making and selling them in the first place.

Also, to bring up Peg's point of the 20billion gold generator. I'm not surprised either, but I'm glad in my own little non-cash buying way because I've now managed to earn and sink that much gold without ever having spent a dime on this misguided venture of a site.

Also, Happy Birthday Princess Zelda, sweetheart! heart

Thank you for the present, 0UI! emotion_hug It's been a great day! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:07 pm
Princess Zelda21
0Ul
This right here is what really burns my tits off. Gaia releasing these vulgar poses and then scolding/warning/banning users for using them. I, myself, received a warning this past week for bringing all of this up in a (admittedly blatant) thread in Site Feedback. Little whore poses are designed to be utilized for that exact reason, and it's on Gaia staff and artists for making and selling them in the first place.

Also, to bring up Peg's point of the 20billion gold generator. I'm not surprised either, but I'm glad in my own little non-cash buying way because I've now managed to earn and sink that much gold without ever having spent a dime on this misguided venture of a site.

Also, Happy Birthday Princess Zelda, sweetheart! heart

You are welcome at any time, Lady Zelda. ^_^  

Javier Cross

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:33 pm
As far as I can see we're having (multiple?) cash sale announcements every day. It might be useful to keep track of them all for visual proof.
For those who are finding it as annoying as I am, I recommend BetterGaia, a Chrome extension with the option to view them all in one page.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 pm
I personally am not interested in recolors... but a lot of people are and it gives others an opportunity to take items they love that they couldn't match into their color scheme before and finally tie them in.
The quality of things are slipping though, and I recently got really annoyed with something else. I experimented with using a little dark skinned avatar... but I can hardly use any eyes or mouths without them leaving an ugly halo of loli-pale skin around them. That, to me, shows a lot of laziness. I mean sure... sometimes blending is hard... but it seems I'm finding more and more items that do this. I just found it annoying.

I also noticed there were a number of people being complaining about being warned for their use of Kama items. I'm not arguing about whether the avatars themselves are too sexual or not, but gaia released an item that is way to easy to abuse. Even with clothes on, it's clearly very suggestive. Now I personally don't freak out over it, but it bugs me that people are getting in trouble over it when... well..... gaia... did you look at your description and the poses and whatnot? If it's that big of an issue, refund your users and remove the item, or replace that arm pose.

That aside... are we advertising these walk out events outside of the guild at all? :3 I think it'd just be so much more effective to get others in on it outside of this little group here. If not the June one, the anniversary ATA one.
Participating in the guild fair couldn't hurt I suppose :>
And I personally like having the sales lists and stuff~  

kujjles

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:29 am
kujjles
I personally am not interested in recolors... but a lot of people are and it gives others an opportunity to take items they love that they couldn't match into their color scheme before and finally tie them in.
The quality of things are slipping though, and I recently got really annoyed with something else. I experimented with using a little dark skinned avatar... but I can hardly use any eyes or mouths without them leaving an ugly halo of loli-pale skin around them. That, to me, shows a lot of laziness. I mean sure... sometimes blending is hard... but it seems I'm finding more and more items that do this. I just found it annoying.

I also noticed there were a number of people being complaining about being warned for their use of Kama items. I'm not arguing about whether the avatars themselves are too sexual or not, but gaia released an item that is way to easy to abuse. Even with clothes on, it's clearly very suggestive. Now I personally don't freak out over it, but it bugs me that people are getting in trouble over it when... well..... gaia... did you look at your description and the poses and whatnot? If it's that big of an issue, refund your users and remove the item, or replace that arm pose.

That aside... are we advertising these walk out events outside of the guild at all? :3 I think it'd just be so much more effective to get others in on it outside of this little group here. If not the June one, the anniversary ATA one.
Participating in the guild fair couldn't hurt I suppose :>
And I personally like having the sales lists and stuff~

The original walk out protest is advertised in the following thread:
User Image
As for the other it is being spearheaded by one of our members and I've left it up to him. We have a lot going on in the guild around that time so the staff probably won't be able to put in much effort into whatever he intends to do with it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:36 am
Congratulations Darius Ranun 3nodding !

- - -

Is it just me or does it feel like Gaia recolours more items just because it is a lot easier than making a new item? I feel like Gaia is trying to cut as many corners as they can. Heck, all these recolours may be intriguing and what not, but it is really starting to get boring. After I make an avatar with one item, I generally wouldn't use that item or any recolour of it for a long time because it gets boring too quickly. I can't imagine anyone buying that Princess Bundle (even for a decent price) for that reason. Heck, 6 Princess recolours? After 1, I'd be bored and not want to use the other 5 for another month.

But yeah, the halos were a disappointment too. A simple single pose recolour and Gaia charges nearly 10 bucks for it. For such little work, those items should have gone to LB or put in a desperately needed DC update.

The new item releases are bland too in my opinion and overpriced. Apparently Gaia sticking a "limited release" tag on new items means that they can charge double the price. Talk about falsified value.  

Zandy

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:45 am
r a i n i i_d a i s
I'm absolutely disgusted by Gaia's "suggestive" items. Tentacl wasn't enough?

As for the piggy bank gold generator... //dies

I was looking through the CB and people were saying "why not" since it was only 99 gc for one. (Reminds me of Flynn..)

Ahh I'm looking forward to the guild events! I might actually go a week without logging on Gaia, and possibly close my charity during that time and encourage others to join?

I notice Gaia's new CS items are getting more suggestive. And I checked out Tentacl and im not too impressed. I also heard about the piggy bank GC, and im not impressed with it either. What has this site gone too now?  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:57 pm
Princess Zelda21

You are so very welcome, honey! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!! heart

0Ul

Versatile Girl

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:01 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/gorgeous-new-dragon-recolors-the-legendary-dragon-bundle/t.92316063/
The female on the far right looked stoned or something o.e  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 am
xx I met my fate xx

The announcement links to this ATG instead of the new one, just thought I'd let you know. 3nodding  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:23 am
Pegasaurus Rex
xx I met my fate xx

The announcement links to this ATG instead of the new one, just thought I'd let you know. 3nodding

Thanks! A link has been added on the front page of this thread. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:46 pm
Dear Gaians and ATG, (prepare for no questions but feedback lol)

I personally feel like they are not only pushing out more gold gens (really Gaia? A bag of gold?? If you're gonna increase inflation/destroy the economy at least be creative about it!) they are also cranking out too many recolors!

It would be fine if a bunch of items over time got recolored two or three times instead of over 5+ recolors for a bunch of items within a week and sticking them in expensive bundles no one wants to buy. Basically the sale this week was a Black Friday Redux Recolor Bonanza! They should have called it that instead.

I personally would rather more EI's in the shop, and maybe the occasional recolor of an EI! Zodiacal has a lot of potential and Rookies Inquiry had a really awesome set of colors that related to Rookies Pursuit so I bought both! I really like the stories that go along with them too!

So all I need is a weekly recolor of anything (space it out so we aren't spammed, and one color at a time not 7 (ahemprincessoftheeveryworldahemihatethatitem), take out some/all gold gens, and CALM DOWN! If you're gonna make items all you should do is a EI every 3 months, CI every month or other month, and basic other items need to be put in CI's or the occasional bundles. Tell us about these things weekly and not daily and maybe people would be less irate.

And stop reproducing the MC's, especially in 5 packs. It may be efficient to some people but id rather get them one at a time instead of 5. That's just me. Don't care how great it is.

And please keep the adver-nouncements to a minimum and out of the staff updates!

From LA with love,
Albonatious  

albonatious

Fashionable Shapeshifter

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items