What do you tell?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InterstateDaisy

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:48 pm
Alright. I'm a girl who's had a less than perfect life. I went through years of drug addiction (seeing as how I'm only 18, it's pretty shameful for me and I struggle with my feelings over it). In that time I had many people use me (Hey, gotta get it somehow right?) and during that time I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. After moving on through my addiction and recovering I've entered a new relationship with a guy. We dated for about three months before getting official and now we're going on two months together and I'm very happy and I feel like i can talk to him but I don't know.. how much a can and should say.

One day a joking conversation lead to me exposing the partial truth of my addiction. he kind of wanted to KNOW more but I clearly said I didn't want to talk and he agreed we wouldn't talk about it and we moved on.

Likewise when we started having sex (this was before he discovered my addiction) he asked about how many people sexually i had been with and I said five, which is much lower than the truth but i didn't want to tell him the complete truth.

Finally, he's seen me naked. I change in front of him, we have sex, my shirt will adjust oddly... it happens. And he's seen my stretch marks. He made a comment about them one day and said "it looks like someone was trying to get your cute little belly button" and he looks like he wants to ask questions about them but he won't. We've talked about kids and the future between us and a family and we're both on the same page about wanting them but whenever we talk, I feel like I should open up and tell him about the miscarriage but I'm scared and I don't want to tell him.. ever.. in a way. But I still feel that need and urge.

So what do you tell? When you get into a relationship do you tell the other one everything in the past? Even if you want to forget? Is that part of the requirements of a relationship? Or is it ok to just... not tell?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:50 am
if i truly love a guy i would tell him my fears and past,but only if its pure good love (it sounded like something that disney came with,sorry for that)  

Vicky Lizbeth

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:34 pm
Personally, I'd say it's still too early to open that chapter of your life. You're still getting to know each other.
But saying that, don't leave it too late. Also, don't tell him everything at once, it will be too much pressure on you.
From experience, when I brought up things from my past that I was ashamed of with my partner, there was a right time to tell him.
It could not be planned in advance but there are moments when you just want to have the weight lifted from your chest so you can breathe properly.
So just tell him when it feels right. The past always has a way of creeping up on us and I do believe it's better to get it all out in the open, eventually.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:37 pm
Thank you guys so much this helps. The situation is awkward for me because those things that I've done are just so... not me. I'm now a very dorky, socially awkward, goofy girl and my addiction and everything is this whole other world outside of me. He;s fallen in love with the real me but I always feel like I''m doing something wrong by trying to hide it but at the same time.. like i said, it's not me and i don't want him to see that nasty side.

InterstateDaisy

Dapper Noob

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:47 am
Ultimately it is completely up to you what you do and do not share with him. When you feel you're completely comfortable opening up to him, do so. But until you know for sure that you're ready for that kind of honestly with him, hold on. If he really loves you the way it sounds like he does, he'll understand how difficult this decision was for you. Eventually, if the relationship lasts for a long time, these things will come up. But that time period is again completely up to you.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:27 am
In the early stages of the relationship you don't need to tell him or anyone these things. If things are progressing in a serious matter it is probably a good idea to sit down and have an honest conversation. Though wait until you're ready to talk.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces