Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Life is like putting a mask : hide and act

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm
I don't think I've been joyful. I am not the type of person that hide my sadness etc... So, every time something bothers me it shows on my FACE. At first, my mom would tell me stop being sulky and she doesn't want to see my facial expression like that, it makes her angry. She said, if I want to be angry or sad, just do it in my bedroom. My mom has been telling me that for YEARS and I didn't change much. Then, recently my friends tell me : Be happy !! Smile !! Be happy for the present.
When people ask me how are you. I answer yes. But I don't mean it , that they KNOW.

Today, at work all my coworkers were asking me if I'm ok. If I want to leave early because I'm not feeling well. I said no I'm fine. I felt stressed because they saw I was feeling down. Then I remember that my mom told me, that at work nobody want to see a coworker that is mad or sad because of personal reasons. That we should not show it. That is how PROFESSIONALISM IS.

Life is like putting a mask because we have to hide what people don't want to see and ACT so we can cover what we want to hide.

I guess everyone will become actors !!

Anyways...

Maybe you are thinking something really bad happened that's why I am sulky. In fact, not really. I just find difficult to deal with my dissatisfaction in my life and I think about it when I work...

Life is too short to waste my time in the imperfections but right now I just haven't learned yet how to appreciate the present.

The past bothers me, the present bothers me and the future I need to work on that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:54 am
My father has a similar philosophy regarding happiness. He believes that if you make the conscious decision to be happy, everything will automatically get better. I disagree with him on this matter, primarily because it has never worked for me. Every person has their own way of dealing with happiness and sadness respectively, and our methods are different.

I think that if you are feeling sad or angry because of something, and it's not threatening your mental health, then be sad and angry! Find ways to use that sadness and anger, maybe creatively or physically or just by being alone for a little bit and recuperating. The point is, it's okay to be sad and angry sometimes. And anyone who tells you to just be happy may not understand exactly how you're feeling at the moment, which is okay, but frustrating.

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 pm
anticupid16
My father has a similar philosophy regarding happiness. He believes that if you make the conscious decision to be happy, everything will automatically get better. I disagree with him on this matter, primarily because it has never worked for me. Every person has their own way of dealing with happiness and sadness respectively, and our methods are different.

I think that if you are feeling sad or angry because of something, and it's not threatening your mental health, then be sad and angry! Find ways to use that sadness and anger, maybe creatively or physically or just by being alone for a little bit and recuperating. The point is, it's okay to be sad and angry sometimes. And anyone who tells you to just be happy may not understand exactly how you're feeling at the moment, which is okay, but frustrating.
Yeah... Some people believe that we can choose to be happy, but it is just the perception. Do you want to see all the bad and not the good ? In fact, choosing to be happy in 100% is impossible. We have to deal with the bad and finally let it go.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games