yes
  no
  almost
  prefer not to say
View Results

dainty oddy

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:22 pm
okay, so. this post may contain trigger warnings for a few people, so continue reading at your own risk.
okay. q n q
i'd just like to bring up the fact of how many ignorant or disgusting people are in this world. i'll be sharing a personal experience that happened to me and my friends about a year ago.

around last year, i went to a birthday for a friend of mine. i arrived with one of my close friends, jessie, but we ended up leaving the party with 2 of our other friends bc the two of them were a bit tipsy and we invited them to stay over for the night. our flat wasn't too far away from the party, so we walked to and from the party. while walking back to the flat, we passed by a bar. a few men outside the bar with beers in their hands whistled as we passed by. jessie gave them some dirty glances, but we continued walking. after a few minutes, we felt as if we were being watched. we looked behind us only to find two of the guys that had whistled were following us. they stumbled and tripped all over the place while trying to get near us, but we just walked even faster. they started making advances towards us by making vulgar gestures towards us and yelling various things like "come on pretty baby" and that crap. ;; this went on for a few minutes, and jessie was just about to take out her phone to call 911. before she could, a dark navy blue car pulled up slowly beside us on the road. at this point, we all thought we were done for as jessie whipped out her phone, i started hyperventilating, and our 2 friends held back tears. the men were atleast 3 arms length away from us when the car came to a screeching halt and the tinted window was rolled down. jessie was about to click call, when something unexpected happen. a young man stuck his head out the window of the car and yelled at the 2 drunks saying, "why don't you 2 back off before i call the cops, perverts?!" and telling them to back off. they quickly left so we all just sort of stood there shaking while the man asked us if we were all right.

so yeah. somedays though i can't help but wonder what would have happened if that man didn't come and tell them to go away. that usually causes me to cry and then eat a tub of ice cream while watching netflix.
oh yeah.
that man is now my roommate and one of my closest friends. his name is evan. o u o

i basically just wanted to know if any of you have had similar experiences or how you deal with this kind of stuff. well, i hope all of you have a good day now.
emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:13 pm
I had a similar experience but not as intense as yours...

My friend was hosting a party at her apartment, and so I came back home late. It was 1 am. I don't have a car, I don't have other friends living close in my neighborhood or that could give me a lift. Anyways, the bus stop is only 3 minutes by foot of my home. There was a guy standing next to his car.
I had to walk over there next to him anyways because my home was THERE !!!

He looked at me, so I felt already tense. He said, hello. I didn't look at him, I didn't reply. I kept walking. Then, he started to yell HEY HEY ! HEY!
I didn't turn to look at him. Then, he said: You don't WANNA F*** ? B***TCH !

I was so angry, but I kept walking till my home. When I opened the door, I looked back I saw he was still there at the same spot looking at me. I gave him an angry stare. That's all.

I was glad nothing else happened or worse.

I felt really angry and tense. So, I talked about what happened online. In a forum... I was just seeking for comfort and just letting out my anger.

Then, I got really annoying comments that I didn't even want to argue with them. There were comments like : Well, this is the risk of coming home late at night, stop partying ! ... What did you wear ? ...

I wasn't wearing LIKE a WH*R* !!! I had a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
After that happen, I took one short class of self-defense.
I don't feel it's enough to protect myself, but when I'll have more savings I will take full lessons of self-defense...

I learnt in my class that some people will put the blame on the women like '' they wear revealing clothes'', ''just don't go out late at night''.
It is NEVER the victim fault. NEVER blame the victim. It's the agressor FAULT !  

Miss_XxAriaxX

dainty oddy

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 pm
XxAriaxX

My friend was hosting a party at her apartment, and so I came back home late. It was 1 am. I don't have a car, I don't have other friends living close in my neighborhood or that could give me a lift. Anyways, the bus stop is only 3 minutes by foot of my home. There was a guy standing next to his car.

He looked at me, so I felt already tense. He said, hello. I didn't look at him, I didn't reply. I kept walking. Then, he started to yell HEY HEY ! HEY!

I was so angry, but I kept walking till my home. When I opened the door, I looked back I saw he was still there at the same spot looking at me. I gave him an angry stare. That's all.

I felt really angry and tense. So, I talked about what happened online. In a forum... I was just seeking for comfort and just letting out my anger.

Then, I got really annoying comments that I didn't even want to argue with them. There were comments like : Well, this is the risk of coming home late at night, stop partying ! ... What did you wear ? ...

I don't feel it's enough to protect myself, but when I'll have more savings I will take full lessons of self-defense...

I learnt in my class that some people will put the blame on the women like '' they wear revealing clothes'', ''just don't go out late at night''.

it really upsets me how people say that woman are "asking" to be raped. just because a girl decides to look pretty and puts on a dress doesn't mean they're inviting rapists.
it's not like girls go shopping, asking for the skimpiest things either. if you force yourself onto someone, it's your fault. o n o
but yeah.
some people are just so ignorant and obnoxious.
//sobs//

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 pm
dainty oddy
XxAriaxX

it really upsets me how people say that woman are "asking" to be raped. just because a girl decides to look pretty and puts on a dress doesn't mean they're inviting rapists.
it's not like girls go shopping, asking for the skimpiest things either. if you force yourself onto someone, it's your fault. o n o
but yeah.
some people are just so ignorant and obnoxious.
//sobs//
there's this screenshot I saw where someone showed the stupidity of "putting meat in front of them and saying no" by doing it literally...with her dogs
The older didn't even approach. The younger did (said dog was still in training), but backed off and left when told no. On hearing no, the older dog left
Conclusion: if that's their reason, they have worse manners than dogs, and should be spayed and neutered like dogs
And considering rape is sex without consent, it one person is not consenting, then obviously it's the rapist at fault
Buuuuut people don't like to see their flaws, and so blame them on others
-.-"  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Dinkaw

Enigmatic Foe

36,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:25 pm
That's awful, the closest I've gotten to that was some hobo or something grabbing my a** on my way to school, I was pretty close to the entrance but the sidewalk was deserted (despite being next to a big avenue) and this guy goes behind me and touches my a**, I yelled at him and hit him in the stomach then ran to the school entrance and told the guards what happened, seems like the a*****e took a bus and left before the guards got where he was, i was a little shaken up afterwards but my bf was there.

Other than that I get whistles and cat calls every day on my way from the gym to my house but I barely pay attention to those, which is sad cause it means im so desensitised to the thing.

Usually when the guy is somewhat persistent I just tell him "what the ******** do you want?" and go on my way, that usually does it ._.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games