Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG // 03/10/14 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 69 *giggles* )
  *generates gold*
View Results

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:30 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
Yup. Plus half of the "premium" recolours look so bad that I'm beginning to suspect that they're just having interns use the hue slider and releasing them without any quality check.

Along with pulling prices out of a hat and using 13 year olds to type up their announcements. rolleyes
13-year-olds? I thought they had cats walking across the keyboard(s) a few times (and possibly falling asleep on it/them) and autocorrect what's there, deleting bits where even autocorrect goes "I got nothing"

*Phantom tips.*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 am
TS Sailor Cronus

Yeah, i understand that the person has a larger work load and they are in fact a buisness but i still don't understand. There basically begging "Oh please buy out gaia cash....were poor" Or like my favorite line from my favorite movie

User Image

The ad's are getting dumb, the fact that they keep making new announcments is dumb. I tried to keep up with the pets but i don't buy gaia cash and then i check the market and it's like 500,000 gold or more! Everything is getting pushed harder and harder with the gold, to where gold will no longer run gaia like it once did. Eventually in slots and cards you will be using your own money.....Hey it's already with the new games. "Why would we let you play for free? Were poor!"

I'm glad that my siggy is bringing such joy emotion_kirakira  

Pandasarenotracist

Super Noob

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 am
TS Sailor Cronus
Cranberry-Conundrum
Pwnder
kiockalan
its frustrating how the gc items keep skyrocketing in price but stuff like orb aggregate is stuck around 4k.

why doesnt inflation strike everything equally?

I noticed that it doesn't really affect anything that is the product of free use around here.

But this should prove me wrong

gonk The world has gone mad gonk

That's because of people who don't know what they are doing, when they go to sell an item they just look at the lowest buy price, and go from there like it's legit or something.
That person who posted that for 8mil probably thought they were offering a deal because it's 2mil cheaper than the lowest buy price that came before it emotion_facepalm
One of my best friends would do that, charging almost double the average buy price, and I know she wasn't doing it on purpose, she just didn't know what she was doing. (She was truly wondering why nobody was buying her item when it was the lowest price xD )

It becomes a problem when another person is willing to buy that tire for 8mil because they also don't know what they are doing, and whammo, not only was someone taken advantage of, you've also got a new horrendous average buy price.

But I mean, as long as I can remember there were always people who would try to sell things for insane amounts of gold. It's just sad to see other people follow right along with it. v_v

There is also the possibility of people using the MP as an alternative to trades. I'm only speculating, but this is because I seriously considered it one day among my mules. I was on a slow computer, had only one browser available to me, and needed to get a giant amount of gold off one of my mules to another and I only had a limited amount of time. So I considered listing a cheap item for an outrageous price so nobody would possibly try to buy it, then buying it from myself. By the time I had the item chosen and the 2% tax calculated I realized that the average sales were recorded in the graphs and began to wonder if that would affect the price of the item in the future. (It was a gold shop item, so probably not, but still.) So I changed my mind at the last minute.

That sounds like a very interesting idea, but I don't think most people would be willing to pay that 2% just to save time. >.< (Although, it sounds like a fun and fast way to donate to people ^.^ ) But those listings are still there right now, and someone just put one up for 7,900,000 to undercut the 8mil price. xd (And judging from the other listings in this persons shop, I don't think they did it intentionally inflating the price, I bet they think it's the real deal)

I noticed tektek only tells you the lowest buy price, so they could have just done the inventory value thing and went from there, who knows. xD (There was one time tektek was telling me my Sun Staff was worth 60mil because someone had it up for that, I was like rofl )

I'm gonna do what Pwnder said and make some tires and sell them xD Nevermind, the tires are overpriced and I forgot how much I suck at fishing gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:09 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Yup. Plus half of the "premium" recolours look so bad that I'm beginning to suspect that they're just having interns use the hue slider and releasing them without any quality check.
Idk why people would buy them. They have saturation issues, horrible shading, bad coloring, and harsh lines/obvious eraser marks. Gaia is so desperate for cash.  

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 pm
Apollos Liar
xx I met my fate xx
Idk why people would buy them. They have saturation issues, horrible shading, bad coloring, and harsh lines/obvious eraser marks. Gaia is so desperate for cash.

Because horrible or not people want the colours and they'll do anything for them. They'll sit there and think "Welp, the pink Lucie looks like crud but it's the only way I'll get that hair in pink..."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:34 pm
So by any chance, has anyone ever gone to Tumblr?
Spreading news of the petition there may help the cause more than harm it.  

Javier Cross

Celeste Starfyre

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:45 pm
This is insane. I came back on after a LONG hiatus and what do I see? 20+ announcements and 99% of them were CASH RELATED. Half of my stuff has either inflated or deflated immensely and the items on my wish list now go for 70m - 500m+.

The animals idea was cute, but when I find out the one skin I WANT [the panda fur] is $35, I wanted to rip my hair out in frustration.

I cannot afford anything anymore due to inflation but that is not the worst part. It's like Gaia has become post WW1 Germany where everyone throws around billions of gold like it means NOTHING.

New users will not be coming in because trying to earn gold via anything else but whoring yourself to cash item after gold generator after cash item is pointless. Hell I can't even vend anymore because the prices have become so outrageous it's shameful. I've also tried buying one or two of those generators and got JACK SQUAT. Wasting millions to get a shitty amount of gold like 75k or 400k.

Sorry to be ranting so much, but it bugs me how the place I used to LOVE and used to defend has become this husk of a website. I might as well throw my money else where, which I do. I have officially turned on my ad block here as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:20 pm
Miss Dena-Chan

New users will not be coming in because trying to earn gold via anything else but whoring yourself to cash item after gold generator after cash item is pointless. Hell I can't even vend anymore because the prices have become so outrageous it's shameful. I've also tried buying one or two of those generators and got JACK SQUAT. Wasting millions to get a shitty amount of gold like 75k or 400k.

Sorry to be ranting so much, but it bugs me how the place I used to LOVE and used to defend has become this husk of a website. I might as well throw my money else where, which I do. I have officially turned on my ad block here as well.

Sadly, new users are coming in on a regular basis, and many of them are billionaires inside of a month. Why? Because they buy Gaia Cash.

Worse than this are long-time members that now buy Gaia Cash just to "keep up." All this does is give Gaia the thumbs up to keep doing what they're doing because it's obviously just fine and dandy. I was sickened by the results of a recent poll here that revealed how many think it's just peachy keen to spend real money to buy Gaia Cash, but still yet feel that they need to be a part of some kind of Revolution to voice their concerns.

Huh????
emotion_facepalm  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items