Reply 27. ✿ - - - Girls
Tampons or Pads ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:04 pm
Which one do you prefer to use ? Do you use both of them or always one of them?

I've always been using pads because I wasn't able to put a tampons the few times I tried....

I have a few questions about tampons...

Do you use tampons when you sleep ?
When there is not much blood in the last few days of your period do you still use tampons?

My issue with pads is that when I have heavy blood flow, I need to go often to the washroom. It was not convenient when I attended lectures or now when I work...

When you wear tampons do you still put a pad in case that... there is too much blood ?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:50 pm
I said something similar over here, but I don't mind posting again
I use tampons because I had too many problems with larger pads sticking to anything and everything but my underwear, and the one that did fit not catch the blood anyway .___.
So if I bled through, a pad won't do anything

I do, and when the heavy bleeding wears out, it's in for closer to 24 hours
Not safe, I know

Direct link  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Luca Grey

Lupine Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:29 pm
I use both because I always scared of the tampon by itself won't be enough though by the third day I'm generally just using pads alone. Supposedly you learn to tell when a tampon is full but I've been using them for years and I still haven't. I usually carry a few tampons in my pocket the first day or two. (because I'm not a purse person)

I use tampax pearl, in the box when you first open it there are instructions, they help when you're first learning to use tampons

You can sleep with a tampon but its not safe to ear them for more than 8hrs  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
I wear both (super thin pads while I'm wearing a tampon) I prefer tampons, I don’t worry about leaks or feeling like I'm sitting in blood or wearing a diaper. It feels uncomfortable. I hear different answers about if you can wear tampons while you sleep but I just wear a pad while I sleep. When it’s the last few days I just wear thin pads. I know there are light tampons for those days but the blood makes taking out tampons easier. I never used light tampons before so I don’t know if they will hurt the last few days on your period when there's not a lot of blood. Do you know what type of tampons you were using, maybe another brand or absorbency might help?  

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

Gedliboo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:56 pm
I personally use both, especially at night!

If you struggle with tampons try putting one in with a water based lubricant, but be warned that tampons are actually quite dangerous and unhealthy. They give bacteria the perfect place to multiply, they prevent vaginal cleaning, absorb vaginal fluids leading to damage to the vaginal walls, they leave fibres within the v****a, and if you use commercial tampons (e.g. Tampax) they contain rayon, chemicals and bleach which effect vaginal pH and may have long-term health risks. Thus why tampons are linked to TSS and vaginal infections which are very common in tampon users.

I understand your problems with pads, I also don't like them because it feels like I am wearing a nappy! But overall they are a safer option, and there is nothing wrong with them!

I do find with tampons though that if you have had them in for a few hours during a heavy flow that having a pad there is good as a safety net XD

I hope this helps! dramallama  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:10 pm
I do prefer the Tampon because it feels a lot cleaner XD

I have used pads in the past because I was scared to use tampons but now I use them I do not want to go back XD.

For the health risks, you only use the tampons for 7 days (at the most) and if you change them between the 4 - 8 hours the health risk is not that big. As long you keep your v****a clean in between the menstruation.

I use the OB tampons (they are available in Europe) and they do not leave fibers. I really like these because they are easy to use and are comfortable.  

Menketi

Gracious Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:01 pm
        definitely tampons .

I certainly won't say no to panti-liners ; in fact , they've saved me
        ( and my underwear ) on so very many occasions . but full-blown