Plain White Panic

Generous Genius

7,600 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:15 pm
come se dice " can i borrow a gun? " en espanol? gonk

sort of a rant? but i've been reeeaaalllyyyy sick lately, it's definitely effecting my school work. i am so behind in everything and anything! grrrrr. i've got to take three major honors spanish tests as well as create two tri-fold displays on two different themes from a novel we read, write a research paper over the issue of teen gang violence in urban areas, and write a song to explain what the quadratic equation is and how and when you use it, then make a powerpoint and a tri-fold board display for it for honors algebra2 all due on monday by 2:55. i have to work this weekend, too. oh and did i mention i have to take the ACT tomorrow morning for the first time?
and i have midterms all next week.
i.am.starting.to.stress.out.

it seems the only thing i am caught up in is A.P. biology, only because i lovvve that class. and my first block (child development) is a filler class they gave me because i needed an elective, we never work in there, lol.

on the bright side, i'm not failing..(too bad sweatdrop )
how do you guys deal with the stress of school/work?!? tell me your waaaays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:24 pm
hm..I guess I think about how I work 40+ hours a week and am the breadwinner of the family while going to school full-time so I can earn grants from the financial aid office, all of whom is convinced I'm some spoiled child because we live with my in-laws despite that his father is disabled and his mother is unemployed. And that my parents live across the state and also cannot afford to pay for our housing, bills, utilities, groceries, etc. When customers pay late on their bill and tell me that I cannot possibly understand their financial situation because I have a job I just laugh. Yeah, well, I applied to/interviewed for over 10 jobs a week in a variety of occupations for over a month before I finally landed one. I literally broke down crying during the employee benefits meeting because I haven't been to the doctor since marrying and being removed from my family's insurance plan, even though I have a brain tumor and ovarian cysts. So, yeah, that's how I get through bad calls, workplace drama, and midterms.

I also think about those less fortunate than myself, who may never have the chance to obtain a higher education or better occupation.
[/rant]

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

a porg

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:59 am
Something that I do is have homework parties. It's a great way to get homework done while still having a social life. It's also a good way to make sure you know what you're doing in theory...and people think music is an easy major...xD

I also block out time specifically for me. Obviously I can't skip work or classes for this, but I can usually find at least an hour that I can have to myself and I just sorta sit around and figure life out. My friends and I have also recently decided that every Friday is Fangirl Friday. We all come over to the lounge in my building (or the basement if the weird couples are in there) and just spend the night watching a bunch of nerdy shows. Having friends to support you is really good.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Wow.. that's a lot. I tend to give myself little breaks in between assignments, finish minor ones in during study hall/lunch, and have music playing softly in the background.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:59 pm
xoAniLuv
Wow.. that's a lot. I tend to give myself little breaks in between assignments, finish minor ones in during study hall/lunch, and have music playing softly in the background.

I agree biggrin but I need silence when I used to be school for homework, studying.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm
yummycupcakessparkles
xoAniLuv

I agree biggrin but I need silence when I used to be school for homework, studying.

Fair enough. Honestly, I don't even know how people study successfully. Sophomore, and I kinda just read my notes once or twice. But it's gotten me by, since school's all about regurgitating info anyhow.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:02 pm
xoAniLuv
yummycupcakessparkles
xoAniLuv

Fair enough. Honestly, I don't even know how people study successfully. Sophomore, and I kinda just read my notes once or twice. But it's gotten me by, since school's all about regurgitating info anyhow.

YES!!! I used to make notecards, review them, re-read them too smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:28 pm
Sometimes work with a group of people also trying to work, so they can try to keep me focused, even if they are working on something else.

I make sure I have a schedule of what needs to get done on my computer, so when I start to procrastinate it tells me I have to stuff I need to do, which guilts me into getting work done.

I also set aside my weekends from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon as time with my boyfriend negotiated when both our schedules are overloaded.

1 hour a week is a fitness class with my friend, this is something I'm trying out, it seems to take some of the stress away, meaning I'm able to think an work out problems and solutions quicker, plus my mood stabilizes so I get less frustrated, when things don't work out.

The rest of the time is school, and if there is any free time I can make plans to go out with friends or a date with boyfriend, or take the time to myself.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces