Half-Sister's going to be born in less than a day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TaimaTami13

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:05 pm
And I've known about her existence for months now...but I still can't come to terms with this...I'll be 20 soon and to add to the confusion, hurt, and mixed feelings, my dad's wife is 30 going on 31, while he himself is 44, going on 45. He and I have nothing in terms of a relationship for a number of reasons, but this was just...I don't even know what or how to react. Anyone got any advice?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:09 pm
                well, i have two half-sisters. i'm 15, the oldest is 5 1/2, the youngest is two. my stepmom is going to be turning 40, my dad's early, early 50's.

it's a bit awkward having them around at first, i'm not going to lie. i don't really have much to say, as i'm historically good with (and like being around) kids and therefore had no trouble getting along with them (well, the 2 year old is a different story, kinda- didn't see her in person until she was 4 months old or so). my two siblings weren't so welcoming at first, though.

but um, your situation is a bit different from mine, as my parents have shared custody, so i see them a lot + i have a relationship with my dad, as i see him.

but basically, it's not that much different from what it was before my dad got remarried and had my siblings.. it's just more hectic, as there's more people (me, my twin, my brother, and them). and louder.

so, don't expect your relationship to change that much; your dad might want you around more if he wants you to have a relationship with your sibling. so, try to take in in stride, and all that, i guess is what i'm trying to say. it's not going to be that much different, but it will be different, because it's a new person coming into a relationship in some ways (a baby, too). also, it might help to explain what you want in your relationship to your dad (if you want one) to him, if he wants you around. it'll help.
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:28 pm
Being on the opposite end of that (the youngest and a half-sibling, though my parents are only about half a year apart in age), you might end up acting more like a parent if you are around a lot and they're both constantly working. My older sister (I have two sisters and a brother) took on that role a lot with me  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games