Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lets keep positive, for Gaia's sake! n.n
  *High 5* Alright!
View Results

jojobritt911

Fluffy Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:07 pm
All I hear is negative things about the hard work that Gaia put into making this awesome avatar option!

My reaction was, omg it is free to be a kitty, wolfie, and bearie?! Sweet! Customization out the wazoo?! Wait, their will be more options in the future, like bunnies, piggies, owlie, and much much more?!

I don't know about you, but my mind is going bananas! cat_exclaim Monkies! How cute would that be?!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 pm

I can understand both the negative and positive sides of these new bases.
Most people are just unhappy about how Gaia's using them to push forward more cash items.. we've had enough of that.
I dislike how it caused the gold shops to have cash items in them... Seriously?

I'm glad that Gaia did put a lot more gold shop items though, it's good to know that they aren't neglecting it like other things.
The bases are cute, and I also like how there are multiple free bases available.

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:45 am
I think the main problem is items being sold for cash in skin tyte. Over then that it seems a solid idea, I think maybe they should open a new gold shop just for fancy pet items?? It would be a good gold sink and theres tonnes of cute things they could do.

I think if it was announced a year ago there would have been very little complaint. It's just been launched at a time when people are worried about Gaia's attitude and future.

I hope they stay on top of this and continue to add new items and bases to the pets. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS

cat_surprised *in shock* They should make a store just for pet items, and accessories! >u<

That would be soo cute! cat_4laugh  

jojobritt911

Fluffy Millionaire

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:12 am
The whole "cash shop items in gold shop stores" has been around since the Aquarium started and Phin Phang became a store, incase you've forgotten. Not to mention that Skin Tyte is a speciality store. It makes sense that they would put dyes and potions in there.

Secondly, as someone that plays mmo games cash shops are what keeps sites and even the games themselves running. They're a neccessary evil. I've been on forums in 2004-2005 (Shonen Junk and Spirt Detective Forums come to mind. )that have closed down because they weren't getting the neccessary funds needed to keep the server and the site running. I'd rather that didn't happen to Gaia. Sites like Gaia where you have a massive userbase need a way to keep the doors open. So really cash shop items and sales and all the stuff make sense especially if Gaia is in a recovery. I'd rather Gaia stay open than close. It's hard finding a site like Gaia and being in a community that you love.

And honestly, I like the animal bases I just don't want to use them because...eh they're not my forte. They do look cute and everything.  
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games