Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💇💅Avatar Talk!
So seriously...what's the deal with Lovely Lucie???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:23 pm
This one has been bugging me for ages because I just don't get it, darlings.

The cosmetic pose is simple. The flirty eyelash pose can be found with makeup on much cheaper items. The "skipping" pose looks as though Miss Lucie has sprained her ankle, and there is some kind of apron pose that looks as if she's been knocked up by the gardener. Her hair is gigantic, and I must say that I find nothing lovely about Miss Lucie at all.

So what's the deal with Lovely Lucie? Am I missing something here?

neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:12 pm
My best guess is gotta be the hair color! We don't find that many shades of brown around here. Plus there's a petition or something out there for these hair colors to be available in the GS. A lot of people want it.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:09 am
I agree....I think the item is dumb. The hair is alright but the makeup is not a must have...it's too frilly, impossible, and it's another one of those items where the artist was too lazy to make it in the right perspective for how our avis are standing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 am
I don't like anything about the item but the gloves. So help me, there is not another item with as fine detail in them (and also happen to be white) as Lovely Lucie. It's stupid because now I'm thrown in with the rest of the hoard who would trample their neighbor to get one and I just want a decent pair of gloves!! >///////<  

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:42 am
++ Gonna have to say it's all about that brown hair. Haaaah. Sometimes I wish
they'd really take the time to at least go back and spruce up the old hair styles.
The maybe we wouldn't feel so bleh about the lack of high quality ones. ++

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:28 pm
Quadropopilous
++ Gonna have to say it's all about that brown hair. Haaaah. Sometimes I wish
they'd really take the time to at least go back and spruce up the old hair styles.
The maybe we wouldn't feel so bleh about the lack of high quality ones. ++

Personally, I can't stand the hair at all. It's just like a body with a giant head of hair that really doesn't have any kind of great detail. I also agree with Fate about the makeup and the frillyness of this item. I just never understood the appeal, and I thought I must be missing something like a hidden pose or something along those lines, so I'm grateful for the comments.

I, do, however like the gloves as Binary mentioned. I've owned Lovely Lucie a few times, and I've worn only the gloves, so I've lost count of how many times I've sold her off.

And those eyelashes. Sheesh. They're like spiders with skinny little legs or something. LOL

0Ul

Versatile Girl

MintyMiDraws

Enigmatic Fashionista

32,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:49 pm
I guess it's the makeup and gloves that are its most popular poses, since the hands are like one of the very few nice ones, besides the Porcelina gloves found in Gambion Outfitters. However, although the makeup is nice so that you can still have handhelds in either or both hands (compared to Little Lucie, where there's a compact) now there's a cheaper option called Hollywood Lips where it's basically a replica of the shape and provides several different color choices.

I've never owned Lovely Lucie, mainly because it's way out of my budget, and I also think it's not worth all that money if there's cheaper alternatives that has more to choose from for makeup.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:34 pm
Cheaper is a relative term. Hollywood lips are 20mil in the MP.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:55 am
...I want one. The first and original one.
My friend had one and lent it to me for awhile.
I was able to find a way to make all the items work with my avatar.
That's why I want it. But it's too much. i'll never be able to get one of my own sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:53 pm
I love it for the frillyness I don't do frilly often but when I do it comes in handy. And at the time I go mine there weren't really many make up options out there.
I do agree that the apron is weird its the only pose I really dislike of it.
I also like the hair. Buy hey everyone has their own taste right?  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Twinkle De Clown

Loyal Ally

14,600 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Fusion Expert 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:50 pm
For me it's the gloves, the shoe clips and the sleeves - I do variations on white-on-white avatars all the time, angelic/fairy type avatars, usually with touches of pink, mostly as breast cancer awareness tributes (lost my cousin Tonia four years ago and both my grandmothers as well, my Dad's mom in 1990 and my Mom's mom passed before I was even born), it runs in both sides of my family, though I'm adopted so I have no clue of my own history... but I've checked out clear so far and God willing I'll stay that way...

ANYWAY, I have a great attraction for all the white-on-white items that have sleeves, gloves with FIVE fingers, shoe clips with white and gold, bustiers, bustles, all the frills and such... and Lovely Lucie also has the porcelain doll skin, which can be layered with Little Lucie's makeup for a really pretty ethereal kind of look.

But that's just comment from the peanut gallery! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:56 pm
I used to hate it but now I am starting to see the convenience in that item - decent leg pose, nice makeup, some cool lips and etc.  

RS Sailor Pink

Friendly Sailor

💇💅Avatar Talk!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces