Actias Mortem - Greenblood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eve_Star_Wish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:54 pm
Name: Actias Mortem
(Actias: a genus of moth Mortem: Latin for death)

Blood colour: Green #007d02

Symbol: Kneph (breath of life)

Personality: Actias is rather shy and has a profound fascination with death. He has a growing collection of dead things he's gathered on trips with Mothdad. Death isn't exactly hard to come by on Alternia, but he seems to have a particular knack for discovering it. Since he spends a lot of his time with dead things he hasn't quite learned how to interact with live things yet. Sometimes he thinks the dead are better. They never judge you and they are always right where you left them!

When he does find himself among company he has a hard time getting the words to come out for proper communication. So when he's with others he's more of an observer and listener.

Strengths:
-Beautician
O.K. So having a pile of rotting body parts isn't very appealing to look at, is it? Actias has the talent to give it a flair. A couple flowers here, a few shiny rocks there, and viola! You have a lovely display! Give him a little time and he can fix anything up.
-Devoted
Actias will put his all into anything he deems worthy and he'll stick to it through thick and thin. You won't find him giving up hope or losing interest.
-First Aid
Actias has the basic knowledge of sewing up a wound or setting a bone with his work on corpses. He's fairly confident treating a living being wouldn't be much different! Maybe a little noisier...
Flaws:
-Creepy
Actias often forgets that not everyone shares his love for the dead. He'll make remarks about what a beautiful body you'll leave behind or he'll try to show off his collection of of skulls.
-Obsessive
Things have to be just so for Actias. He'll toil away at something until it is perfect and will not appreciate being disturbed.
-Babbler
He's not too good with his words and trips over his own tongue a lot. When you get him talking he doesn't quite now when he's supposed to stop so he'll keep going. This is why he normally opts to keep his mouth shut.

Weapon: Rapier

Appearance: Black button-up shirt, gray slacks, yellow sneakers, long green scarf, short flippy hair with side-swept bangs, horns shaped like moth antennas.

Home: suburb

Lusus: Mothdad is a giant Luna Moth. He helped hone Actias death finding skills, leading his charge to some body he senses. Normally he's pretty docile, but when he gets upset Actias has learned to just shine a light on him until he calms down.

Power: N/A

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:02 pm
just skimming, i'd changed 'meticulous' to 'obsessive' same meaning, negative connotation, since its supposed to be a flaw :>  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 pm
hey! i don't see any conflicts so far with actias, but on the other hand, there really isn't much. :S
while you don't have to write a novel, i'd recommend adding a little bit more, if only just for yourself to know him better!

here are a few things that you could consider writing about:

how has mothdad raised actias? what kind of a parental figure is he, and how has that reflected on actias's personality?

what is actias's view on the hemospectrum? is he pro, con, or somewhere in between?

you mention he does 'work' on corpses, can you elaborate that a bit? is it a hobby of his?

where does his beautician strength come from? is he interested in 'beauty'? does he express it in any hobbies?

i can see devoted and obsessive can kind of be tied to each other, as the positive/negative version of the same personality trait. would these show as well in any potential future friendships with trolls?

i hope some of these questions inspire you a bit in adding some more to him. o u o  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:17 pm
O.K.! I'll do my best to answer those questions! 3nodding  

Eve_Star_Wish

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas