Submit

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:59 am
Hey guys, you know I've always admired your abilities to talk things out calmly and logically, which is why I'd rather put this here than anywhere else...my venting. Yeah every once in a while the site's economic situation hits me hard, doubled with my nearly-broken computer and the fact the free GC offers don't want to load, which makes gifting hard and questing nearly impossible. I'm pretty much at peace with all that, as much as a person can be and still feel slightly annoyed, but the last-straw for me I guess is how people are responding to the economic issues. I've noticed more and more lately how my friends (a specific group of four or five) will update their statuses with how amazing a certain item is or how low it in the marketplace but they can't afford it. It's really passive-aggressive and nine times out of ten someone will see their status and give it to them! I'm sorry, but I don't feel like that type of behavior should be rewarded. It's a little...disrespectful. It doesn't even matter if they just finished completing a quest for their new dream avatar, with lots of help from donators, they're still on to the next thing...

( Don't get me wrong, I love to give people gifts, and I don't mind people talking about what items they want or venting their feelings about the latest craving...but the status thing just seems to cross a line. They're obviously dangling their hook in the water at that point... )

It feels a little awkward to have to sit back and watch it all play out, but then, it would be rude of me to speak up, no matter how gently I approached it. I've gotten some advice to the tune of "just ignore it", and believe me, I wish I could. I wish it didn't bug me so much. I think that really just ties into some health issues I've been battling the past couple years making me sensitive to random things, so I'm willing to take one for the team and keep this one to myself. I just wish there was a more graceful approach to this economic down slide. You know...other than spamming up statuses...
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 pm
I kind of see how you feel about it, not because I've seen others do it, but to a lesser (and unintentional) degree, I've done it myself. sweatdrop

It's not that I was trying to bait people into giving me things. I got really excited over a particular item a few years ago and flipped out and put something in my status about it (I don't even remember what I said, lol), and within 20 minutes, it was anon-gifted to me. It made me so incredibly happy, and I just screamed "THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!" in my status. xd

Then a month or two afterwards, the same thing happened, and when I opened the second anon gift I thought, "I should stop announcing every time I want an item. It's nice that people are generous enough to give me these things, but I shouldn't make it a habit."

So I don't scream about my excitement over a new item in my status anymore, lol.

...doesn't stop me from wanting so many cool items, though... emo

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:34 pm
TS Sailor Cronus

Believe me, I know the temptation all too well... I've done it at least once myself, but I really try not to because I know how it feels to see my friends resorting to that. As the leader of the guild that united all of us to begin with, it makes me feel unappreciated for all the gifts and donations and contests I did in the past for their benefit...sometimes getting the funds wasn't easy. Makes me feel taken for granted, or heaven forbid, that we're in competition with each other now that the economy is so whacky.

At this point I just tell myself, "There's always going to be something you want." And better people give me something from the heart because they want to then because they read it off my status or something...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:08 pm
So, you're mad that when people say they want an item, they sometimes get it? You must really hate Christmas.  

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:54 pm
soren_alenko
So, you're mad that when people say they want an item, they sometimes get it? You must really hate Christmas.

Hey now, don't be a troll kay? I love Christmas, I love giving gifts. What I said was that I don't like it when people are passive aggressive on a regular basis, which is a form of manipulation.

Please be nicer to people in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:36 pm
Now I wouldn't normally point this out, but since that person up there was kind enough to take my words out of context...

I just sold an item and promptly used the gains to anon gift all my online friends.
Again, I love to be generous, it's just people baiting me into gifting them that bothers me.

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 pm
BinaryVolts
Now I wouldn't normally point this out, but since that person up there was kind enough to take my words out of context...

I just sold an item and promptly used the gains to anon gift all my online friends.
Again, I love to be generous, it's just people baiting me into gifting them that bothers me.

I get it, love. I really do. I've seen it many times and experienced it more than once in the span of my years here on Gaia. The "woe is me" mentality, and I've even seen it here in this guild a scarce few times.

I think the one time it bothered me most was when I heard about members in La Verge posting in a thread along these lines and then some anonymous beneshithead gifted them their multi-million gold exclusive item. I threw up a little in my mouth when I heard about that. Yeah.
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:47 pm
0Ul

Yeah I saw that too... I like people getting what they want, but it hits me in the feels when I see people getting enabled when there are so many better behaved candidates worthy of spoiling. But then, Verge is a whacky place. Luckily there's been less and less of that going on there, at least to my observation, so that's something at least.

I can't fault my friends too much, I know they're good people despite that little tendency they have...I think they just don't realize how it comes across. I wish we could agree on some boundaries so I can gift people at my leisure. =w=

Princess Voltari

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
🎭Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items