Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British...sod it, I'll finish this later. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:49 pm
ice_illusion
Anyway what do you do with the white and black pencils? They might not actually be colours but they're still in a coloured pencil set.

That depends on your definition of the word 'colour'. >******** English. It's such a ******** inferior method of communication at times.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:38 pm
Foetus In Fetu
ice_illusion
Anyway what do you do with the white and black pencils? They might not actually be colours but they're still in a coloured pencil set.

That depends on your definition of the word 'colour'. >******** English. It's such a ******** inferior method of communication at times.

That sentiment could probably be applied to the general concept of language as we know it.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:22 am
Lady of Spain
Foetus In Fetu
ice_illusion

That sentiment could probably be applied to the general concept of language as we know it.

There are over six thousand languages, and I like to pretend I believe that at least one of them lacks that kind of ambiguity (and of course the tradeoff would be limits on its creative use).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:43 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:05 am
A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
A Lost Iguana
That's just the rainbow. scream

Ahaha (wavelength is a good way to arrange an order).

Geek.

XD Your point being?

Just saying.

A Lost Iguana
Foetus In Fetu
I finished my never-ending biology coursework last night, though, so I'm free to do whatever the hell I want.

Including the debasement of logic. 3nodding

Well, yeah. Well, no. See, my cat walked over the keyboard and I didn't notice that this had inserted a "never-ending" where it should not have been. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:34 pm
Foetus In Fetu
ice_illusion

Specially when I use it. XP I sometimes wonder if i should just give upon all communication but that would be silly.
I normally think they are colours but they aren't actually colours of light since its either a mix or no colours.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:48 pm
ice_illusion
I normally think they are colours but they aren't actually colours of light since its either a mix or no colours.

Yeah, but colour isn't an intrinsic property of light. It's really something that's invented by our brains in order to differentiate between visible light of different wavelengths (or frequencies, whichever you prefer).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:52 pm
I doubt that you can go to this level of thought without considering that the pencils have neither the properties of the entire light spectrum, nor those of dark matter.  

and_solo_said

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces