Reply 23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek
Cash Shop Bundles?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 pm
So I'm sure a lot of you lovely ladies have noticed that since about mid December, the Cash Shop has been putting out a lot of bundles for different items based on a theme. The Alice in Wonderland ones that were just a little while ago, the Royal Court, the Chinese New Year, and as of today, the February ones. Now I know a lot of you have the same general idea about things in the Cash Shop lately with all the threads, that it's making questing hard with things like Flynn's Booty and putting out a lot of items that only some people can get but I've been thinking, maybe gaia is inadvertently trying to help?

A lot of the bundles are filled with items in the marketplace there ranged from the low, medium, and high end of expensive. but when the bundles come out and people buy them, they sell a lot of those items that they don't want and it actually makes the price of them drop in the marketplace. some of them are still expensive, but a number of them at least become halfway reasonable again. Of course, there's still really expensive items we all bang our heads into the wall questing after but as a whole, it does seem to be doing something.

so what do you girls think? is it ridiculous to have new bundles two and three times a week or is it actually a little helpful somehow with the rising prices that keeps happening? what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 am
I think Gaia is desperate for income. A lot of people.use Adblock or.similar.programs nowadays, so if ads don't get clicked on, even by accident, Gaia loses.revenue.

I'm.torn about it because I really like.the premium items since they have options, but... no. I just can't justify spending even $2.50 for one monthly collectible, much less the pair of them the Chance Items, the Evolving item of the week, and.the special.editions and recolors.

What I wholeheartedly hate is the BS of calling gold in large amounts "pure". It has racist overtones to me. Besides, an item is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, so if someone demands I add "pure" to an item I want to trade for, they can shove their "pure" where the sun don't shine.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Erin winter

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 pm
I don't think they really care about the inflation. I do appreciate the 10k and 3k letters I get almost every day for being a newbie. I think they're trying to help some new people get more gold because the inflation is hella unreasonable. But their main goal is income. I have an adblock plus that blocks every single thing. So, eh. I guess Gaia is only in it for the profit.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm
La Belle Gigi

......what the hell is "pure gold" supposed to be anyways??? it's virtual money....

Soulless Librarian

...well welcome to the virtual madness of this place if you're new. and I'm not saying they do care about the inflation, pretty sure they don't, but I'm wondering if anyone else things that gaia is inadvertently helping with it since a lot of the bundles offer items that are high priced so when people sell them in the MP, the price starts to drop.  

StrayKit

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:14 pm
StrayKit
La Belle Gigi

......what the hell is "pure gold" supposed to be anyways??? it's virtual money....

Its a reference to straight-up gold as opposed to a mix of gold and.items when.trading. What I hate is that people call it "pure", like its the Third ******** Reich.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:16 pm
La Belle Gigi
StrayKit
La Belle Gigi

Its a reference to straight-up gold as opposed to a mix of gold and.items when.trading. What I hate is that people call it "pure", like its the Third ******** Reich.

wow.....alrighty then  

StrayKit

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:43 pm
I feel it's a bit ridiculous, but helpful at the same time.

I mean for the average person I'm sure all of this is quite overwhelming. No one can be expected to buy ALL of this stuff in such short time frames, but someone out there will, and the rest of us will buy when we can (or not at all). I think what Gaia is really doing is giving us options, while it may be overwhelming, someone out there can buy the bundle you can't, and put more supply in the system that will eventually try to even out with the demand. Not everything will deflate millions, but plenty of the items in the bundles have, and it's great to see.

I think in a way, the marketing team is trying to make up for the fact that we still have gold generators by offering all these items in cheaper bundles so they deflate, or you can just buy them directly if you have the money. I still don't like that we have the gold generators, as they help no one, but at least the bundles do help with something. Even if I can't buy them all myself, items are still deflating so much that I can afford them with gold instead, and that's wonderful. I just hope they continue, though I do believe they could attempt to at a slower rate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 am
I find the constant release of bundles and items in the cash shop annoying. 'Nuf said.

Though I do think it's good that Gaia is giving people a chance to get items that are otherwise pretty unobtainable since they're in the millions on the marketplace. But I don't think Gaia should charge so much in real money as they do for those items. Gaia is greedy. But... I suppose they have to make money, too. I think they could still make good profits if they lowered their prices in the Cash Shop, though. But I guess plenty of people still buy the items.

The term "pure" for gold doesn't offend me at all. It's been around since Gaia was in it's earliest days. I don't think it has racist overtones at all. I think those who think it does... well that says a lot about their own attitudes, whether it's conscious or underlying in their subconscious. "Pure gold" simply refers to "just gold." It's like a person panning for gold saying "pure gold" and referring to the gold they've taken all the dirt out of. Geez. Stop making something out of nothing. Everything doesn't have to have a hidden, sinister meaning behind it.  

a Clockwork Science

Kawaii Sweetheart

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 am
a Clockwork Science
I find the constant release of bundles and items in the cash shop annoying. 'Nuf said.

Though I do think it's good that Gaia is giving people a chance to get items that are otherwise pretty unobtainable since they're in the millions on the marketplace. But I don't think Gaia should charge so much in real money as they do for those items. Gaia is greedy. But... I suppose they have to make money, too. I think they could still make good profits if they lowered their prices in the Cash Shop, though. But I guess plenty of people still buy the items.

The term "pure" for gold doesn't offend me at all. It's been around since Gaia was in it's earliest days. I don't think it has racist overtones at all. I think those who think it does... well that says a lot about their own attitudes, whether it's conscious or underlying in their subconscious. "Pure gold" simply refers to "just gold." It's like a person panning for gold saying "pure gold" and referring to the gold they've taken all the dirt out of. Geez. Stop making something out of nothing. Everything doesn't have to have a hidden, sinister meaning behind it.

What I'm talking about is they call it "pure", just that and not "pure gold". Like "I'll let.you have it for X item and 10 million pure."

And I'm not white if thats what you meant.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 am
La Belle Gigi
a Clockwork Science

What I'm talking about is they call it "pure", just that and not "pure gold". Like "I'll let.you have it for X item and 10 million pure."

And I'm not white if thats what you meant.

The expression "X pure" has always existed on Gaia. It's short for "X pure gold." There's really nothing else to it.

Anyone can have racist attitudes. The fact that you assumed I thought you were white says a lot.

You're entitled to your opinion, though. And I expressed mine, too.  

a Clockwork Science

Kawaii Sweetheart

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 pm
Yeah, its,kind of hard for someone who's never had "Go back.to mexico.you ******** beaner!" yelled at them at the convenience store to get it, but I'm not saying anything about you specifically, its more about societal assumptions. My apologies if you thought I was accusing you of anything.

I still hate the use of the adjective "pure" as a noun. I will not apologize for demanding people use words the way they should be.

Back to.the topic on hand: Still more items and bundles in the Cash Shop today. I hate to admit it but I'm going to.go take a peek since Nick gifted me some Gaia Cash.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:28 pm
Personally i hate the bundles stare
Lately they all seem really made up/loose themes, their not healthy to the economy and they seem kind of lame rolleyes

(Moving to gaia community sub in a front page clean up
heart )  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items