PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:37 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Pwnder
let's keep this sucker running till like wed. razz

The ATG?

totally  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:33 am
Pegasaurus Rex
From what I understand, the only thing this changes is that members of Club Verge will be able to buy items that will appear in La Victoire seven days early.

Sounds pretty pointless if you ask me, but hey, they gotta make sure their rich members feel special. :/

And the freakin' loyalty shop isn't even out yet! stressed

Makes very little sense to me, but are you sure verge isn't open? I mean I can't get into it (or its guild for that matter) but wouldn't people who are apart of it, know that its open? And that whole seven days earlier thing makes no sense...THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES BUYING. Wow. This is getting dumber by the second.

Pharaoh Misa

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 am
Pwnder

Hmm... per topic shiz
Might be a good idea. Problem is, spamming our members with guild announcement on top of cash annuncements gonk

Hahahaha, oh yeah. xd

I'd be better if it was one theme per week, then.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:16 am
Umioko
Yay, this week's AtG! I missed it last week, so I'm happy I'm here this week. >u<;;
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Time to start off with this week's hot topics. There really is a lot this week!

» Bundles :: I'm getting awfully tired of seeing these bundles. D: There's just too many to keep up with and most of them release items we already have.
Sure, it sort of helps with the inflation of those items released, but I doubt that's their true intention.
The only bundle I enjoyed seeing was the Turbulent Waters bundle. That one released great new items both catering to men and women! I thought they were also of great quality and the price was really reasonable.
Didn't buy it though, no more cash from me until I see changes in attitude and get answers.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Divinity's Reach :: They pretty much released it twice in one week! Ugh, that was really annoying. Any item that grants gold is awful for the Gaian economy. I'm glad it can also grant items, but it's not good enough since it adds more and more gold.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Partner Up :: Why would you do this Gaia? I thought Club Verge was an exclusive club with perks, and now the only perk you've given the members is access to the new releases one week early. That's not much of a perk considering the amount of money you have to spend to get into the club. There isn't much of a point to this either.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Recolors :: Also annoying announcements for me. Also, as many other users have noticed, their quality is declining. Especially for the black recolors. You have to get closer to the screen to see any sort of contrast. They just look like blobs of black. It's not only the black recolors though, they're doing this with a lot more.
They should be treating these as new items and put more time and effort into them, or find people that are more capable of this. I've seen individual user's threads that provide recolor ideas, and most of the time their recolors are of better quality than the ones Gaia releases!
─ ─ ─ ─
» What Does the Fox Say :: How dare you Gaia? You'll use anyone and anything for your advertisements! D': It was bad enough that you are using Nicolae, but now this song?
─ ─ ─ ─
» Flynn's Baaack :: Nooo, go away Flynn! Ugh, not surprising. I wish they would do away with her, but they probably won't for quite a while.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Theory of Evolution :: I think this is a bit neat with all of the EIs and such, but again there are no actual new items. I'm so tired of them recoloring, bundling, and releasing old items.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Male Sale :: I was happy about this at first, but then I saw they were old items, haha. At least they've admitted that they haven't been giving much attention to the male users lately, but they were asking for new items to use. Gaia, you can do better. D:
─ ─ ─ ─
» Coin Toss :: Using Nicolae again. ; m ; Whyyyyy? And three releases in the same week? My gosh, who on earth is in charge of this?! Poor marketing decisions. Heck, they could've easily made it available for three days. These 'only-lasts-until-midnight' sales are awful for those who want to buy these. I'm a little glad that people are able to choose either an item or gold, but that 100k fail prize is awful. That discourages a lot of users from choosing an item, I'm sure. :c
─ ─ ─ ─
» Gold Shop Update :: Yeeeeees! I was so happy when this came out, and the items were all so beautiful too! About time, my gosh! >u< I think most everyone loved the update.
Quote:
So let's see... Flynn's Booty, Divinity Reach and Coin Toss were all released this week--and multiple times. That's six chances to buy a gold generator in one week. Maybe Gaia tried to justify it with the Gold Shop update as a gold sink? Either way, it's absolutely obnoxious.

Six times this week?! That's really ridiculous and overall just awful. D:
Oh, and I thought gold shop updates came out once a month? But yeah, this is really obnoxious. I wouldn't be surprised if they're losing some sales.
─ ─ ─ ─
» Physical Letters :: Yay, yay, yay! I'm all for it. Gaia HQ better expect a letter from me sometime soon. >u<
Will we be sending these letters whenever or around a certain date?
─ ─ ─ ─
» Crew Members :: Ah, I would fill one out, but I don't think I've contributed as much as the more worthy members. That and college just started up. X'C Maybe next time!
─ ─ ─ ─

As for whether this is worth it or not, I think it proves the most worth once we take action. Entering the arenas was great, even though none of us placed, but I felt that it was very much worth it. Organizing ourselves to send in physical letters would also prove our worth more.
I feel talking about this and bouncing off ideas is great and wonderful, but it does not mean much if we do not do something with these ideas. If we do not take action, it becomes more or less a discussion.
I'm glad we're doing things to show our opinion though! It does prove the worth of this guild and what we stand for. All in all, I think this is very worth it as long as we continue to be productive. c:
─ ─ ─ ─
Regarding ideas, I had one...but I forgot it. ;o;" If I think of it again, I'll be sure to post it!
Ah, but I like that you're reaching out to us about ideas, suggestions, and such. Thank you again for hosting this too!

Welcome back! smile

Let's go for parts:

» Bundles::
» Recolors ::

I already got sick of this thing to the point of completely ignoring this stuff at all. neutral

» Divinity's Reach ::
» Flynn's Baaack ::
» Coin Toss ::

We've been literally bombarded with this stuff in the last weeks. And I seriously thought they wanted to "kill" the MP altogether. I also thought that they would bring "Santa's Sack" back for no reason. neutral

Thankfully, the damage done to the MP wasn't as outrageous as before, I think. neutral

» Male Sale ::
Its "M" stands for "meh". stare

» What Does the Fox Say ::
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've never found that video funny at all, so, why I would found this funny now ? rolleyes

» Gold Shop Update ::
I loved to hear about this announcement too. biggrin
It was a relief after all this gold generators crap. This and the contest made by CrossStitch will help a lot in the gold sink.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 am
Pegasaurus Rex

I agree, this "limited time only" ploy they keep using got old a loooong time ago. We all know it'll be back a few days later. I'm glad people are able to choose as well, but I think that's the biggest rip off to include a 100k fail item. That's just cruel and bad business. Since they included it though, a lot of people have quit buying GC and others won't buy Coin Toss. Gaia's not even a good bad business (if that makes sense) and they're killing themselves off, basically.

Yeah GS updates come out once a month. I was just trying to find some way releasing gold generators six times in one week was justifiable. Didn't work. No justification.

About sending the letters, KittieCupcakes has said there's no set date. That way people can send letters at their own pace. She said we could set up a date in the guild if we wanted, but I want to hear everyone's ideas on the matter first before we plan something.

Thank you for your feedback about these meetings! Sometimes I really struggle with way to be productive and get our point across and I'm so thankful we have members with great ideas!

Yeah, not to mention that it had almost the same price of "Mathematical Knight", which was 799 GC. You'd rather buy this homage to the "Adventure Time" TV show than sink your money in a supposed "50/50" chance item.
And with this, they keep going deeper into this black hole. neutral
Expect another GG coming out soon to continue this "vicious circle". neutral

No. Nothing justifies this bombardment. Either they're doing this to kill the MP/Gaia Exchange altogether and change a site into a P2P game or to get some more cash to their pockets, just for the sake of sucking this site dry. stressed

Hehe, you're very welcome, lady. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:37 pm
I just found out that Narumi, our beloved sales monster, has been demoted to community member. What does this mean I wonder?

I found out here
emotion_dowant
emotion_donotwant  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 pm
Pwnder
I just found out that Narumi, our beloved sales monster, has been demoted to community member. What does this mean I wonder?

I found out here
emotion_dowant
emotion_donotwant

Holy cow... what does this mean?
If he got laid off for not filling the quota... I feel bad for him.
I hope the staff addresses this.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:20 am
Wanna win big? Then get ready to Pick A Card!

See what I told you, my fellow gaians ? And the vicious circle of Gold Generators continues.... neutral  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Fluffeh Whip

IRL Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:32 pm
The purpose of merging club verge and la victorie is to rip people off and profit again.

In other words, re-release la victorie items in the cash shop, essentially making club verge useless as I'm willing to guess that the rereleased items are cheaper.

I think they might be doing it because there are less and less people in club verge who actually purchase things from it  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:21 am
Pwnder

I found out here
emotion_dowant
emotion_donotwant

Given the convenience of the timing, I imagine he could know there'd be a lot of negative feedback and rather than be flamed and easily implicated, changing to look like a community member would ease the flack he endures in the community.

In any case the site feedback forum is useless. If you're not in the verge forums you may as well not be talking. Those are the people spending thousands on the site, and those are the people gaia is going to listen to over a bunch of people who spend comparative peanuts if anything at all. If Verge members quit in mass or demanded something, I imagine it's likelihood would be far higher.

Gaia actually makes it very possible for verge members to be visible via those glittery blue threads. If one verge member could alert us of other members on the verge forums interested in the cause you guys could team up.

And finally, I propose very blunt and honest gold incentive. Literally make an intergalactic battle between Flynn and her opponents regularly that involve the use of gaia gold. If you pay into the opposition faction with enough GC you can employ her opponents enough to prevent her from releasing her chests and booty onto the site. We can just dump our money into avoiding the gold generator. As cheap and unfair as that sounds it may be a better option if people were willing to do it. I highly suggest a verge member insist upon it in the verge forums. It will alert gaia that it's most lucrative market will be willing to participate and it'll occur to them that they can make money by simply promising to keep content AWAY from the site like gold generators. It's money that's even EASIER to make than recoloring items.  

Lady__Miko

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:19 pm
Lady__Miko
Pwnder

I found out here
emotion_dowant
emotion_donotwant

Given the convenience of the timing, I imagine he could know there'd be a lot of negative feedback and rather than be flamed and easily implicated, changing to look like a community member would ease the flack he endures in the community.

In any case the site feedback forum is useless. If you're not in the verge forums you may as well not be talking. Those are the people spending thousands on the site, and those are the people gaia is going to listen to over a bunch of people who spend comparative peanuts if anything at all. If Verge members quit in mass or demanded something, I imagine it's likelihood would be far higher.

Gaia actually makes it very possible for verge members to be visible via those glittery blue threads. If one verge member could alert us of other members on the verge forums interested in the cause you guys could team up.

And finally, I propose very blunt and honest gold incentive. Literally make an intergalactic battle between Flynn and her opponents regularly that involve the use of gaia gold. If you pay into the opposition faction with enough GC you can employ her opponents enough to prevent her from releasing her chests and booty onto the site. We can just dump our money into avoiding the gold generator. As cheap and unfair as that sounds it may be a better option if people were willing to do it. I highly suggest a verge member insist upon it in the verge forums. It will alert gaia that it's most lucrative market will be willing to participate and it'll occur to them that they can make money by simply promising to keep content AWAY from the site like gold generators. It's money that's even EASIER to make than recoloring items.

I am a member of the club verge forum. The members there are pretty much complaining about the same crap everyone else is too, constant announcement spams, too many item releases and gold generators. They are no different than us really, I've seen many of them swear off GC, I've even seen them complain about lack of crew / mods over there, of which I can say I've never seen one post either. It sounds pretty much exactly like the SF forum over there. xp

The place is abandoned by staff and by most of the members as well. There are a rag-tag few who are dedicated to it and still hang out. The fact is staff is just not listening to us anywhere. Its selective hearing with them these days. The only thing they listen to is an item re-release/recolor request or an item glitch fix.

The verge guild is not an issue here anymore like it once was, they are being abandoned / neglected / disrespected just like the rest of the community. emo  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff