Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last time we had 32!)
  +1
View Results

EternallyAnna

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:57 pm
Ooh, now that I know they're deleting things I guess I'll keep an eye on this post of mine. Or is that not provocative enough for them to delete? It seems pretty arbitrary to me at this point.

I'm so disappointed about Divinity's Reach. After all the "yes okay Gaia, higher chances of items is a step in the right direction, now just keep going," I was hoping they would keep going. But nah. They're just switching. Gross. Was a bit miffed at the Verge announcement too like. Isn't that crap supposed to be "exclusive"? What are you even doing, Gaia.

I'm liking everything in the Avatar Arena! Although I've never really understood how they work. I do hope non-R:G people end up seeing them and commenting and upvoting. There are some brilliant entries. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:19 pm
A thought just dawned on me, Lanzer might be a genius, if he does this.

Lanzer created Gaia, then sold it off for a large chunk of change.
He's now just a figurehead for Gaia, only making appearances here & there.
The new CEO has a reputation for gutting companies that are successful, driving them into the ground & pocketing all the cash.
When this happens to Gaia (we're well on our way), Lanzer could, potentially, make a new site similar to Gaia, give it a different name, & start over from scratch. When Gaia finally dies because of the current greed theme, Lanzer could use this new "Gaia" to start drawing in upset users, & take business from here. All he'd really have to do is step back from Gaia completely, tell a few angry Gaians about the new, better, less money hungry site, & it should be pretty damn quick that people jump ship here & join Lanzer.
There isn't a better site anywhere that lets us customize our own avatars to this extent, & when Gaia first started, that was the appeal - It was nothing but a forum, & a customizable avi, with Monthly Collectibles (sold for 250 cash) to fund keeping the site running. It blew the ******** up into the monster that it is now, & whoever owns it now is driving it into the ground, completely undoing all the work that Lanzer & his staff did until it was sold. I can't imagine that he's happy about that, & I imagine that he'll be even less happy when the site finally does die off completely. Now would be the perfect time for him (or anyone, really) to start coming up with a better place than Gaia for us to go when this place dies. By the time such a site is created & up & running, Gaia should be on it's last legs, so advertising of the new one could begin.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

EternallyAnna

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:23 pm
FaithBlack

The new CEO has a reputation for gutting companies that are successful, driving them into the ground & pocketing all the cash.
When this happens to Gaia (we're well on our way), Lanzer could, potentially, make a new site similar to Gaia, give it a different name, & start over from scratch. When Gaia finally dies because of the current greed theme, Lanzer could use this new "Gaia" to start drawing in upset users, & take business from here. All he'd really have to do is step back from Gaia completely, tell a few angry Gaians about the new, better, less money hungry site, & it should be pretty damn quick that people jump ship here & join Lanzer.
There isn't a better site anywhere that lets us customize our own avatars to this extent, & when Gaia first started, that was the appeal - It was nothing but a forum, & a customizable avi, with Monthly Collectibles (sold for 250 cash) to fund keeping the site running. It blew the ******** up into the monster that it is now, & whoever owns it now is driving it into the ground, completely undoing all the work that Lanzer & his staff did until it was sold. I can't imagine that he's happy about that, & I imagine that he'll be even less happy when the site finally does die off completely. Now would be the perfect time for him (or anyone, really) to start coming up with a better place than Gaia for us to go when this place dies. By the time such a site is created & up & running, Gaia should be on it's last legs, so advertising of the new one could begin.

This idea is both a happy dream and a hecka depressing one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:41 pm
FaithBlack

Yeah, sounds a very good idea. And I still have that tiny hope that Gaia won't have a "creepy bad ending". neutral  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas