A Computer Thing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:24 pm
As you can see titles are not my strength (and neither is my knowledge of computers, so it'd be appreciated if no big techie words appeared xD ).

It's really a simple thing and I wasn't sure where else to post it.

I know it's the computer I use, because this "issue" doesn't happen on any other computers I use.

When I try to post an image - just a GIF or PNG file - sometimes, I can see it the first day I post it but then after I just see a "user image" and sometimes I can't see the image at all.
A lot of the time, it's only the GIF's that give me a problem - but it occasionally happens with PNG's too.
It doesn't happen with every single GIF - if it did, I'd be frustrated. But it does happen enough for me to wonder.

I know it's not something that I'm doing wrong - because it's the same when other people post a GIF or PNG.

So my question would be, how can I fix it?
Do I need to do something on the computer itself or....
Am I making any sense?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:17 pm
Sounds like a crappy Internet connection to me o.e  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:04 pm
It could be dependent on the operating system that you are using: OSX, Windows (xp, 7, 8...ect), Linux(based on computer knowledge I assume not)..ect.

It could be based on internet browser: (chrome, firefox, safari, explorer)
Some simple solutions would be to clear history on your browser and see if that fixes your solution. Clearing this will clear the temporary memory which may be causing the image not to appear.

The other solution would be to try and open up another browser, some just work better then others, I prefer chrome over the other ones.

I have issues when people are posting videos they sometimes appear and sometimes don't, though I've determined this is just error due to Windows 8 being glitchy.

If the above doesn't fix the problem I could look up other solutions if I knew your computer specs such as the operating system and the browser you use, as well as the type of computer you are using.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am
cool4

I still use one of those old computers. c:

I was skeptical about it being my browser - because the same browser works fine on the other computers (we use firefox) but I decided that since I tried about everything else you suggested, it wouldn't hurt to try switching to a different browser.

It worked.

Well, I mean - it works for now, so that's a plus; and if it keeps working, I shall be forever grateful to you c:

I guess it could have been that Firefox was newer (or would "more updated" be better?) than my computer, so maybe they just weren't compatible or something - seeing as both the other computers have a newer Windows...

Well, I can see the GIFs and PNGs for now, so Thanks a bunch! ^.^

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:16 pm
KittySongLUVsJONASBoys
cool4

I still use one of those old computers. c:

I was skeptical about it being my browser - because the same browser works fine on the other computers (we use firefox) but I decided that since I tried about everything else you suggested, it wouldn't hurt to try switching to a different browser.

It worked.

Well, I mean - it works for now, so that's a plus; and if it keeps working, I shall be forever grateful to you c:

I guess it could have been that Firefox was newer (or would "more updated" be better?) than my computer, so maybe they just weren't compatible or something - seeing as both the other computers have a newer Windows...

Well, I can see the GIFs and PNGs for now, so Thanks a bunch! ^.^

If the computers too old for the updates available then that would likely be the issue. Software updates always mean certain features will no longer work.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm
cool4

I wonder if that's what kept popping up.
There was something that kept popping up, telling me I should update something (I can't exactly remember what though)...
But the rest of the stuff I was doing worked fine, so I didn't do anything about it...

I'd feel kind of silly if that was my problem...

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces