View Results

Striker the legend

Justice Genius

31,050 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Um hi Kevin.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:30 pm
CourageNFaith

I hope it doesn't happen so. I'd be nicier if they could give you more accessible prices without having to resort to playing the market every single time.

I hope the same. I had enough of so much recolors, because they just passed the barrier of laziness right now with all these stuff in La Victorie.

Yes, or at least if the items have to be so expensive make them better items. :I Spending 6 mill on a one pose item is not something I think many of us people who could afford it, but it would take some time and we'd be broke afterwards, would do. :I If it was however a full fledged EI recolor, then yes I wouldn't mind them being a little expensive. Or even a newer MC re-color, since those also have alot more poses. :3 Or even better, a completely new item!

And yes, I agree, gaia are getting lazy, selling so many recolors... o3o However, I would understand if a shop like the loyalty shop might only be for recolors, since it's gonna be a gold shop I get that they don't wanna work too hard on those items... And I do like some recolors better than the original item, so there's always gonna be someone who are happy for it. :3 But in La Victore? Seriously, they are being paid, at least spend some effort... -___-;  

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 pm
Umioko
dark pillow
But man, I really do hope they don't only put re-colors of old MCs in the shop... ;.;

Oh my gosh, that would just be the worst! o':
I'm really looking forward to Loyal's shop coming out, I mean he's such a cute NPC and I'm hoping that the gold shop items he sells will be really great.
Maybe great enough to where people will not feel the need to buy GC for some better looking items, and where people won't have to quest for crazily overpriced items in the marketplace.
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Yes, that is what I am hoping for too. :3 It doesn't have to be so good that everyone will feel that the loyalty shop is enough, because gaia does need to make money, but even just a few good items for gold would be good. Like, the items could at least be MC quality? Those who are currently buying alot of items fromt he cash shop would still keep doing that I think, and it still would make it alot easier for everyone else to actually get some good items.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 pm
Yaaaaay, I like this idea~!

I think we're doing just about as much as we can as a guild. there really isn't much more we can do except take a field trip to HQ and protest or something. lol lol

I would like this statement to be included in your email "please fully answer at least one of these questions".

i'm so tired of their bs answers and treating us like we're stupid. ok Gaia, I may but type properly all the time but i'm not an idiot. mad  

Quank

Familiar Codger

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:48 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Kangit

"Recolormas?" Really? emotion_facepalm

emotion_awesome Gotta cash out on Christmas, man. Isn't that what it's all about? They went so totally Scrooge it was almost laughable. Except there wasn't a change in their attitude. If you're gonna play Scrooge, you have to follow through to the end where everything gets better. emotion_donotwant

We should seriously have done avatar arena entries with the "past", "present", and "future" of Gaia. That would have been amazing.

I think I know what the "past" avatars should be, but what would be the difference between the "present" and "future" avatars...?

Supposed average user from the past?

Average user from the present.

Gold generator addicts from the present.

Any user that spends Gaia Cash in the future. "I'm so rich, my head asplode!"

The average user from the future.

cat_razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 am
Pegasaurus Rex

Not to be rude, but I had to put fate on ignore for the time being. I understand everyone in this guild may not be as up to date or involved as we are, but the very condescending tone I felt from them was making my head all fuzzy, and not in the good way. I cannot tolerate being treated less than an equal, and that was the feeling I was getting reading both replies. I can be quick to ignore just to avoid possible confrontation because I know I can get attitude sometimes, and when I get to raging I RAGE.

I have avoided complete total involvement in this guild because I got the feeling many were terrified out their wits of being put in the spotlight. They were promoting self censorship, some divisions were forming from what I could witness, and like I said it appeared to lose sight. I understand many have IRL issues, as well as myself. But it seemed like when I first joined up there was an announcement every few days, then when last Capt changed there were hardly any. (I get a lot of guild announcements so please excuse me If I lose track) I was unsure about associating myself with a guild that was unsure of itself I guess.

I was not referring to the Tax Bump Uncle Kenny mentioned, but an idea proposed by a friend. They proposed raising the MP tax up to 25% for items over 10mil. While it would be very effective in removing excess gold and deterring artificial inflation, I believe that is a drastic amount. 25% of 10mil is an EI nowadays and some items are meant to be that expensive.

I have lots of ideas, as well as many others in this wonderful varied community, about combating inflation, your solution may be one I might try out just for the fun of it. I believe the community has the ability to make a difference, it simply depends upon the choices of the individual to reflect upon the many. But they way I see things, the individuals that make up the community can only do so much when there is a despot for a leader, and the generals are terrified of standing up, or were removed from position long ago. I make loads of analogies, so if they confuse, feel free to ask me to further elaborate. I have decided, since many features are outdated, and the MP is in shambles, I am doing my best to become a model Gaian. I am only human, and make mistakes, and my emotions can get the best of me, but I can recognize it at least.  

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

SighingNight

Fluffy Cleric

13,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:34 am
Kangit
SighingNight
Okays, Hai!!! Not sure if I;m too late, but I have a question and a concern maybe?

My question is, You know the Philosopher's Cache? I used to get those in my 'Daily chance', it only happened every once and a while but I got it, and once they started selling it in the shops, I haven't got one since.
I though it was nice to get something awesome in Daily chance every once and a while and I don't anymore really...

And oooooh my GOD there are SO many re-colours! Don't they know if you keep doing that it's not going to be special or exciting anymore?
Re-colours used to be a cool dream, but there are just sooooooo many now
Pegasaurus Rex

I haven't been getting as many as I used to, but I did get at least one Philosopher's Cache from the Daily Chance since the update (I use my mules to collect extra Daily Chance and Aquarium rewards, which greatly increases my odds of finding something). I made sure to check through them carefully so I didn't miss seeing it, because I really wanted to know if they removed them entirely. They seem harder to find, but they still seem to be there.

I also find the recolors annoying. Either they're getting lazy, or they fired so many artists they can't make many new items anymore. Also...

Edit: Ah, I guess Princess Zelda21 beat me to answering the Philosopher's Cache question. cat_xp

I only have one account, so I have only been getting the normal stuff like gold and flowers and bait, some shirts and moss shoes here and there... I'd still like to see the chance rate go up for philosphers cache though, and those golden boxes, I haven't been as lucky as I used too XP

A cool recolour here and there is fine, but it's like their rolling them out every day! Shoving the new recolour down our throat like "TAKE IT! YOU LIKE THIS SO MUCH! GIVE US MONEY AND TAKE IT!!!!"
And I totally agree~! Lazy and annoying these re-colours are getting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am
i need more cloths  

kewie16

Generous Sex Symbol

15,015 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diabolic Edge

Romantic Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:13 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Diabolic Edge

Well that would be nice. Sadly I don't have one of those signs though.
But I'll participate. C:

And thanks for the tip, its gone now. <3

I have a million of them, so I'll send one to you.

And no problem! Life is so much better without ads. whee
Lol yus. C:
And thanks. xDD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:15 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Some seriously great ideas going on in here. I'd love to know what you guys think on possible themes for arena entries as well as any ideas you might have for taking our protests to the art and writing arenas. How can we get our words out there and try to spread the message without seeming spammy?

As I said before, I'd like to see avatars created only/partially with gold shop items. smile

Pegasaurus Rex
Kangit

emotion_awesome Gotta cash out on Christmas, man. Isn't that what it's all about? They went so totally Scrooge it was almost laughable. Except there wasn't a change in their attitude. If you're gonna play Scrooge, you have to follow through to the end where everything gets better. emotion_donotwant

We should seriously have done avatar arena entries with the "past", "present", and "future" of Gaia. That would have been amazing.

I lol'd at recolormas. It shows that nothing more is sacred to that people anymore.
They're mode bend to Erisychton's (Er-is-ya-thon) personality.

I agree. But no "vandalism", please.

dark pillow

Yes, or at least if the items have to be so expensive make them better items. :I Spending 6 mill on a one pose item is not something I think many of us people who could afford it, but it would take some time and we'd be broke afterwards, would do. :I If it was however a full fledged EI recolor, then yes I wouldn't mind them being a little expensive. Or even a newer MC re-color, since those also have alot more poses. :3 Or even better, a completely new item!

And yes, I agree, gaia are getting lazy, selling so many recolors... o3o However, I would understand if a shop like the loyalty shop might only be for recolors, since it's gonna be a gold shop I get that they don't wanna work too hard on those items... And I do like some recolors better than the original item, so there's always gonna be someone who are happy for it. :3 But in La Victore? Seriously, they are being paid, at least spend some effort... -___-;

Yeah. This is one of my main "nitpicks" toward DC. I know these items are expensive but the disadvantage is that you can find better and cheaper alternatives to them in MP and Gaia Exchange.
So, what's the point of making it a luxury shop ?
That's one of the reasons I consider it an "average" gold sink at best. It helps but it's far from being more interesting, you know.

Yeah. I'm also looking forward to this Loyal Shop. Maybe there will be some nice stuff there.
As for the recolors, the problem is that they're start to letting themselves go with so many recolored stuff, when you have original and interesting items like Ruined Souls, Mathematical Knight and so on to inspire yourself and do something as good as them.

SL33PY 1024

i can see it being abused, there will be people who will script out the report button and then it wont be there
script out with scripts or color coding so it cant be visible
then they will block there profile and guess what? no more ability to report that profile

Not only this but people will use it to get rid of people they don't like, have a grudge with or consider their "enemies". Or just "for the lulz".

Umioko

Another great compliment coming from you! I see you here and there in this guild and some forums typing up some of the best posts and responses. No problem at all, I'm just really happy to contribute anything I can. c:
─ ─ ─ ─
Haha, I'm also glad we share a lot of the same views. Regarding the new items, I certainly hope that changes soon. A lot of others miss the truly new item releases, and hopefully later throughout the year they'll start releasing more new items. Or we wait until they've recolored everything five or six times before they start releasing new stuff, haha.
─ ─ ─ ─
Ah, I'm glad I wasn't behind on the site updates then, haha. I don't remember unsubscribing from there, oops. There's a new update today too! I hope it goes well and isn't too abused like what you and others were discussing earlier.
─ ─ ─ ─
As for the gold generator names, that really is true. It really depends on the person and what they've been exposed to. Still, it would be nice not to have all of these names with a potentially hidden joke behind it. I've also seen Flynn called out on her butt/assets/and more in the Site Feedback forum quite often. We have a large community that understands those hidden meanings too, whether those meanings were intentional or not, they're still there. But all in all, it does come down to the individual and what they decide to interpret it for themselves.
─ ─ ─ ─
Ah, that post is really well worded! It's really important to hear the other side's views and opinions, and I am appreciative that I got to read that. I hardly hear the GC buyer's point of view and when I do their defensive is usually lacking, though that response was nice to read.
Oh I see. That's true. Hmm...well we can come up with better ideas then! c:
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ »

Haha, thanks for your kind words. smile
I like to do my best when giving opinions.
─ ─ ─ ─
And I'm one of these people who misses fresh and interesting items in MP.
I also hope they see how they went too far with this recolor extravaganza.
─ ─ ─ ─
Well, maybe you weren't online when the site went offline. Did you check out the comments in the site I provided you ? There's even some "conspiracy theories" there from Yuuki.
Yeah. I hope the same or that would be childish.
─ ─ ─ ─
Yeah. Unless you're naming your items like this on purpose, there are better ways to name your stuff in a PG-13 website (PFFFFFFFTTT!) like Gaia.
But yeah, it depends how much "informed" you are.
─ ─ ─ ─
Yeah. I was dumbfounded by both posts of these two Gaians, and I confess that I'm sorry to say that they're having some hard time in this place.
"An error does not justify another", they say.
As I said once in "Occupy Gaia", just because I don't spend GC or I proposed myself to not spend GC anymore it doesn't mean I'm superior to those who spend money to get pixels.
Also:
CourageNFaith

If you like to keep spending GC and "play the market" with items from La Victorie, more power to you. It's your money, and if you feel like buying, just do it.
Just because I don't like to spend GC I won't put myself above good and evil, consider myself a paladin of truth or feel "offended" by you.

This is not about a war between Gaians but to make this current leadership listen to us.

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:39 pm
That's it for the ATG, guys!
Sorry I'm so late in getting it wrapped up, but I'm very happy with the turn out and wish to thank everyone who participated!
The next ATG will be January 13. Hope to see you all next time! emotion_c8  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces