Cleverly Named Post

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittySongLUVsJONASBoys

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 pm
Excuse the name. I'm not entirely sure what to call this.
And this is a bit of a jumble of my thoughts, I hope it makes sense...

So um... this is about my friend and her boyfriend.

She's living with her boyfriend a few provinces over (we're in Canada) and she's been dating him for a few months now (I think she said that they had dated for a while but something happened?) So anyways, they'd been talking online or whatever. Before she went to visit him - I don't think she'd ever met him, they were doing the whole online dating thing.

So I've actually never met the guy and as a result I don't know what to think about him.

She went to visit him like, more than six months ago (and she's still out there). She missed her sister's graduation because her boyfriend's car broke down so they couldn't get to the airport? (although I always wonder why someone else couldn't drive her) And so she said she was staying until they got it fixed. And then just recently she messaged me on facebook saying that she was going to come back to "visit" and so I asked her if she lived out there now, and she was like yep. (her boyfriend said "she's mine now" -they have a joint account- and I think I read into that a bit too much)

Made me cry actually when she said that. But this isn't about me missing her.

Ever since she started "dating" him (I don't understand online dating to be honest) I haven't had a good feeling about him. But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to lose her friendship (although I'm starting to wish that I had said something)

And maybe the feeling would go away if I could actually meet him. But every time I think about him, I just don't feel good about it. It's gotten to the point where I'm actually starting to worry about her and over it.

I know she's older than me, but she's like a sister to me and she's been in a few bad relationships and I'm just naturally protective over my friends whether they're older than me or not. I want so badly for this to be a good relationship for her - but I can't shake the feeling no matter how hard I try.

I feel like he's going to hurt her, and then I don't know what I'd do. She's out there, and the only people she knows out there are him and his family and his friends. And honestly, the thought that she doesn't know anyone else out there frightens me a bit.

I'm beyond scared for her and I know it's not helping me at all to worry so much over something that might not even be true, but I can't help it.

This is half me spilling my heart, and half me asking you guys a question.

What should I do? Should I even do anything?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 am
Plan a visit?

I think friends tend to be concerned when their friends enter relationships. Probably because females naturally wish to stick together.
There's not much you can do, except maybe arrange to visit her and meet him.

The other thing is you can't make everyone happy when you enter a relationship, so I would try not to tell her you're concerned, since it probably is just because you haven't met him. If it's not, the only thing that really matters is her happiness.

It's sort of a debate on, should you follow your friends, or your boyfriend. I'm never really sure anymore.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:49 pm
^ she has a point.

27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items