DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm
I took a bit of a break from 40k to assemble and paint a the contents of a box that's collected dust on my shelf for about 5 years now, and is absolutely my favorite aircraft of all time. I've done History class projects on the 'Warthog', seen two flying in person, one on the ground, and this is my second model version (though the first was garbage). In fact, I went to the local base to take the reference picture below (and many more, but no point posting them all) and see it up close and personal before painting my mini version.

User Image

I know this puts me in a minority, but I think it's an absolutely gorgeous plane, not ugly at all as many say it is. Anyway, here below is my rendition. Enjoy!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm
Pretty neat there guy.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:17 pm
You did a damn good job on that winged Gau-8 Avenger.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:47 pm
Dude, the A10 is badass. It's also my favorite plane! I've been having trouble going back to airplane models after spending so much time on 40K, so I'm uber-jealous of you right now. It looks great!  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 am
Looking great! surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:26 am
Thanks all. smile

Ociluce
Dude, the A10 is badass. It's also my favorite plane! I've been having trouble going back to airplane models after spending so much time on 40K, so I'm uber-jealous of you right now. It looks great!

I know! 40k models are designed for relatively easy assembly, but Revell models are definitely not. Lots of approximation and holding pieces for a few minutes to set at just the right angle...  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:55 am
Nice work on the paintjob, the camo in particular. If I may point something out though, some of the parts haven't exactly been glued to together perfectly, the engine nacelles in particular. But as with older kits, they don't exactly go together perfectly all the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:40 am
Lt. Brookman
Nice work on the paintjob, the camo in particular. If I may point something out though, some of the parts haven't exactly been glued to together perfectly, the engine nacelles in particular. But as with older kits, they don't exactly go together perfectly all the time.
I know, I spent a lot of time getting them to fit as well as they did, but ultimately there were quite a few seams. I intended to fill them in with milliput or liquid greenstuff, but decided against in the end, with the hope that the paint would fill it better than it did. sweatdrop  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers