Submit

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:08 am
Hey, is anyone else doing this in November?

I can't figure out where to start! Do I start at the beginning, when the main character is just beginning to get dissatisfied, or after she leaves home to go to mage school, or after her mom disappears?

ARGH! I have to figure this out by November 1! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:34 am
Hey, welcome to the craziness! biggrin

It doesn't matter where you start as long as you get writing. Write it all out of order if it comes to you that way. It's a first draft, so no need to worry about it all making sense or being right; that'll come in the editing phases. Just let your muse loose and have fun.

I've been doing the NaNoWriMo challenge for a long time (this is my sixth year) and it's good for getting you into the habit of writing daily. Gaia has a NaNoWriMo sub-forum that they should be putting up in the Hot Topics section sometime soon; there's a good bunch of us who chat around there and hold word wars. Good luck in your first year! whee  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 pm
the mage-girl
Hey, is anyone else doing this in November?

I can't figure out where to start! Do I start at the beginning, when the main character is just beginning to get dissatisfied, or after she leaves home to go to mage school, or after her mom disappears?

ARGH! I have to figure this out by November 1! scream

NANOWRIMO! Anyways just write in whatever way comes to mind. If you have a specific scene in mind that is going to be in your novel write them down and then connect them! No need to worry about silly things such as beginings or endings or middles. Trust me sweet I'm freaking out about nano but it's always a ball. emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 am
Last year I think I got at least 15,000 words, but I didn't finish my project (or make my NaNo goal).

I think I may start where my main character is getting dissatisfied. She's kind of been putting up with things for awhile, to avoid stressing out her mom. But she doesn't want to stay in her podunk village forever. She wants to be a mage. And if she seriously wants to do that, she has to go off to school. She's about 14-15 at this point.

Still getting used to my laptop; it's a crappy Dell Inspiron 2650, but it was cheap on Amazon. smile

Good luck everyone!  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 am
I'm trying to do NaNo but unfortunately school comes first. and sadly I'm an English major and I'm already dong tons of reading and paper writing so by time I get a few minutes to type for my story, I don't have much fuel left to stare at word documents  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 pm
We're doing this as an actual assignment in one of my writing classes,
and augh I feel held back because my teacher will read it. I don't want her
reading the inner workings of my mind! emotion_bigvein

diet bepis

Kitten

11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items