Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Llewellyn authors?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:28 pm
Deoridhe
Edred Thorsson's stuff is quite good too, but keep a weather eye for low flying Satanism.
You say that like it's a bad thing. ~Winks~

Come now- really, while there is a lot of conflict between Asatru and Satanism, the concepts (save for the Theistic v. Atheistic) aren't that exclusive.

I think the Havamal might have even been on Anton's bookshelf.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:01 am
phoenix shadowwolf
missmagpie
Quote:
And Shamanic concepts, while needing association to culture; if the concept is the same, then would it really matter what it was called? As long as the principles stay in tact?
Not all shamanic traditions have the same concepts or ideas at all. Each culture has a vastly different ideas of the composition of the spirit realm and humans' interactions with it.
aside from the fact that shamanism was used to define practices in Russia, i believe...
Yep. The word is Russian used to describe indigenous practises in Siberia. However, because several other cultures around the world had developed similar practises the word became used to describe them as well. Thus some South American and Inuit practises are also called shamanism, even though they never came from Siberia.  

Pelta

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:24 pm
AHHHHH! NO!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:06 pm
I know they were evil, but this takes the cake.

Why not just pass out the ATC tracks?  

TeaDidikai

Gideon Starorzewski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:15 pm
I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not that Patrick Dunn's Postmodern Magic hasn't been mentioned yet, but it's an excellent book.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:00 pm
I wonder how I can get some free books out of this.  

Tsuzuki

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:01 am
Tsuzuki
Are you sure you'd really want them? neutral Tis Llewellyn after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:29 am
missmagpie
Tsuzuki
Are you sure you'd really want them? neutral Tis Llewellyn after all.

I dunno, the books that are essays rather than 101 books look sorta interesting.  

maenad nuri
Captain

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:00 pm
missmagpie
Yep. The word is Russian used to describe indigenous practises in Siberia. However, because several other cultures around the world had developed similar practises the word became used to describe them as well. Thus some South American and Inuit practises are also called shamanism, even though they never came from Siberia.

Actually, those arent accurately called Shamanism.
They are Shamanic (shamanism like) practices, but are not actually Shamanism. They have their own cultural names and practitioner titles.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff