Submit

Gamerscaler

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:34 am
I thought Lanzer had sold out and moved on that ooks like a total franken post for me for me gaia is dead I am on Solia now its a much better community and they dont ramb adverts in your face like gaia, I really implore people to give it a try I was up till 3am last nigt messing round on it  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:55 am
Revenge0fth3Nerds
I thought Lanzer had sold out and moved on that ooks like a total franken post for me for me gaia is dead I am on Solia now its a much better community and they dont ramb adverts in your face like gaia, I really implore people to give it a try I was up till 3am last nigt messing round on it

☣ We are born to die...

switching sites sounds like a good idea, until you remember; it's not gaia. =/

I was stunned by the two insulting posts by Gaia Ceos in a row. It is like they see the complaints but aren't actually understanding them. It's not that we hate gc all together, it's having it forced down our throats. Constantly. There has to be balance damn it! >^<
There's a third party group I like. They offer so much and it's free. It makes gaia so much more bearable. But most importantly, they don't demand donation. They have 1 ad on My Gaia. All it says is "Hey we've been doing this for this long, and it's still free" and underneath has a simple button that says "Buy us a Beer?"

That's it.

You know what? I like donating to them. I've donated and I'll probably donate again when I have any extra cash.

Sigh.

...and nothing more ☣

Morigerus

Dangerous Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:06 am
I've also read the two announcements, and I gotta agree that it was very vague and with promises after promises of better days, without taking on subjects that interest the community, "hand-waving" that they're "too busy" to attend everybody.
Also, I kinda felt that all these two announcements were pointless and hypocritical, since right after then, I got another announcement from the friggin' Cash Shop (I wish I could strangle that cat, Homer Simpson style) - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/sale-in-la-victoire-nitemare-mini-wings/t.88403319/
Oh look, another sale from La Victoire. Isn't this great ? /sarcasm

As Anja Sedai said, they were nothing but a "smoke screen".

Pwnder
Something I just reflected on when thinking on the words that have been used in recent announcements - community and business

They just can't really go together, Gaia is either a community or a business and they need to pick one so we all know which side we stand on.

-Business does things for the sake of the business.
-Community does things for the sake of the community.

So....what IS Gaia now?

beddie bye time.
Wake me if there is another pathetic community announcement.... rolleyes

Guess they're having serious issues with crisis of identity. IMO they're mostly a business right now.

Talking about it, it's the 99999999999999999th time these folks pull the "Gaia is a business" card, which has been a "tried and tired" argument in my honest opinion.
Feels like some of those zealots/militants (religious and non-religious) that keep repeating everything that their leaders or 'holy books' say because "it's the absolute truth, period" and don't rationalize or question what in the world they're talking about. They just keep repeating the same exactly words over, over and over like parrots.
(And I'm sorry if some religious person got offended by my opinion. I'm aware that mostly of you aren't like that. It's just that I'm sick of this whole pretentious "Gaia is a business" talk. It's nothing but an annoyance).

Berenich Machavian
So, perhaps I'm wrong, but this is how I see it through my tinted monocle:
After a "rough" night (to say the least) On SF, we basically categorically ban anyone who spoke out openly against selected members of upper-level management, then we get two announcements that say: "Ok, we know most people in the community hate where we're going, but we honestly don't care." Does that about sum it up?

light_dark_luna42

Trust me we struck a chord even the fact people are getting banned for mentioning the CEO is another sign of proof of this theory. Three of my greatest friends posted off-site out rage telling everyone not to come here not only were they banned the thread and links went poof as well. Think about it.

Anja Sedai
It seemed so disingenuous. Just a rehash of the earlier company statement. Makes me wonder if Lanzer actually wrote that up himself. It seems like Gaia is just trying to use Lanzer's name as a way to placate the masses.

Both Lanzer's announcement and the company announcement seem to be missing the point anyways. They're so focused in on telling everyone that Gaia is a company and it needs money to run, but I'm pretty sure people know that. That's not the problem. They completely ignore most of the major complaints. Where's the part addressing the concerns about Flynnflation, where's the part about neglected and shut-down non-cash features while cash features move forward rapidly, where's the part about the aggressive nature of the advertising for the cash push? It's not there. Because these announcements were nothing more than a ploy to pacify the users so they'll go back to or continue to spend money on Gaia.

IMO I'd be more wise if they chose the path of dialogue and debate with us on what's right and what's wrong with this site, instead of censorship, ignoring their commun--I mean, their "business" with petty excuses and playing the old yet 'useful' victim game.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:34 am
I actually thought it was a good thing until I came here... thought they were listening to us. But then, I guess it was because my expectations were really low. I went "It's better than them completely ignoring us." But that's what I get for hanging out on another site where the staff literally did just that for months so it really, really lowered my expectations on things like this.

I don't know, maybe someone will come along who actually seems to care what we have to say instead of essentially just making a press release. I'd love to be able to talk to them one on one, but even I recognize that's not possible. But yeah... I was really looking forward to the Frontier Skies board game but I don't really think I want it anymore. I don't think these guys need my money.  

Azalea Star

Snowy Fairy

23,440 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:21 pm
CourageNFaith

IMO I'd be more wise if they chose the path of dialogue and debate with us on what's right and what's wrong with this site, instead of censorship, ignoring their commun--I mean, their "business" with petty excuses and playing the old yet 'useful' victim game.

This. They keep talking about how because they're a business they need the money and we just don't understand. Boo ******** hoo. They seem to forget that as a business they also need happy customers, which they are rapidly losing. Just opening a dialogue would be a big step in making customers feel valued instead of having the same old company line shoved at them again.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm
Anja Sedai
CourageNFaith

This. They keep talking about how because they're a business they need the money and we just don't understand. Boo ******** hoo. They seem to forget that as a business they also need happy customers, which they are rapidly losing. Just opening a dialogue would be a big step in making customers feel valued instead of having the same old company line shoved at them again.

Exactly. Instead on blaming on others, just take responsibilities for your actions. Let's sit down and talk for a moment, folks. It's not that hard.

However, with our recent guild announce, I guess they could care less about 'dialogue'.

"Speaking of which, our Guild Rules have been updated. Please note that we are to no longer to disclose the real names of Gaia Admin/Staff or any personal information about them. Please take a moment to review the changes.

Finally, there will be no more Ask The Admin, so the ATA threads and forum will be closing for good.
"

You serious, Gaia ?

I just lol'd. rofl
Their maturity to deal with all this situation amuses me. rofl  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 pm
CourageNFaith

Exactly. Instead on blaming on others, just take responsibilities for your actions. Let's sit down and talk for a moment, folks. It's not that hard.

However, with our recent guild announce, I guess they could care less about 'dialogue'.

"Speaking of which, our Guild Rules have been updated. Please note that we are to no longer to disclose the real names of Gaia Admin/Staff or any personal information about them. Please take a moment to review the changes.

Finally, there will be no more Ask The Admin, so the ATA threads and forum will be closing for good.
"

You serious, Gaia ?

I just lol'd. rofl

Thank you for understanding that the update to our guild rules was NOT my choice. You said it beautifully with your keen observation that "they could care less about 'dialogue'.they could care less about 'dialogue'."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 pm
Madame Xiva
CourageNFaith

"

You serious, Gaia ?

I just lol'd. rofl

Thank you for understanding that the update to our guild rules was NOT my choice. You said it beautifully with your keen observation that "they could care less about 'dialogue'.they could care less about 'dialogue'."

You're welcome.

But yeah, they think that ruling everything with 'iron hands' and censorship is the best solution.
Spoilers! It isn't. Instead, it makes them look childish and silly.

To quote an answer from Yahoo! Answers (http://br.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130126202937AAN5o4I):

Caper
None of us are perfect, and we all have little habits or ways of doing things we don't even think about. Maybe we say something meaning it one way, but it is taken different by the people we are talking to. And maybe the person saying it to you is just a jerk. But, never lock up. Never say, "this is how I am screw everyone else", that is what people who are going to go through life as losers say. Do you think successful people have that attitude? Trust me, they do not. A very important asset in life is being willing to improve. Listening to criticism and sorting out what is true and what is not is an important skill.

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 pm
Berenich Machavian
So, perhaps I'm wrong, but this is how I see it through my tinted monocle:
After a "rough" night (to say the least) On SF, we basically categorically ban anyone who spoke out openly against selected members of upper-level management, then we get two announcements that say: "Ok, we know most people in the community hate where we're going, but we honestly don't care." Does that about sum it up?

My good sir that sums it up rather nicely, being a ex business management major though I also read.

"Quite sorry but we found a easy way to make money, and we have decided to throw in with the likes of Bane capitol so we can increase our profits because we know you will pay; if you disagree with us you go sleep with the fishes understood? Good."

Honestly both announcements were just sickening, plain and simple; not to mention cover ups.  
📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff