Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coriander18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:29 pm
woot!
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Lita1692
SOM are awesome 3nodding . I also like Sioux and the Banshees.
You mean Siouxsie question  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:01 pm
Mrs. Pink Eyes
Lita1692
SOM are awesome 3nodding . I also like Sioux and the Banshees.
You mean Siouxsie question
scream Darn my inability to spell and habit of shortening band names! Yes, thank you :3nod  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:10 pm
One of the better of the second wave of goth rock. I'm mainly a fan of their B Sides then their singles (although at one point I listened to Temple of Love 40 times in one day xd .) They also have that weird metalish sound that later became a big element of goth so good for Sisters for pioneering the sound biggrin  

alice from weirdland

Dramatica Addams

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:15 am
whee Now we're talking!
I am , however not as familar with the band as i'd like to be, but i have the greatest hits and i've seen plenty of videos on youtube which i love almost as much as AndyUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:38 am
Quote:
XD
I wish I were there to see that.

It's not fair! We go to the same school and you're always the one with the cool teachers. At least I got M. Labreche last year, but he's not half as cool as her.

Ha ha, that could be me someday if I don't get a job as a magazine editor. My alternative is to be an English teacher. xd

And I love the Sisters. Favorite songs are More and Black Planet.

On a side-note, has anyone here ever seen a picture of Andrew Eldrich sans sunglasses? (I promise, it will scar you for life...o.o)  

Lady_Anastasia

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:41 pm
Lady_Anastasia
Quote:
XD
I wish I were there to see that.

It's not fair! We go to the same school and you're always the one with the cool teachers. At least I got M. Labreche last year, but he's not half as cool as her.

Ha ha, that could be me someday if I don't get a job as a magazine editor. My alternative is to be an English teacher. xd

And I love the Sisters. Favorite songs are More and Black Planet.

On a side-note, has anyone here ever seen a picture of Andrew Eldrich sans sunglasses? (I promise, it will scar you for life...o.o)

yeah......

here's eldritch and his sunglasses

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
the person to the left is eldritch

my fav sister's songs are more and this corrossion  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:51 am
I have only really herd a few Sister of mercy songs i think the first one i herd was of the movie Lost Boys it's the theme tune.  

lostinhope

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:04 pm
Sisters of Mercy were so amazing... and while many will argue with me on this, I would personally claim that "Floodland" is the goth-rock album to own. While they weren't around for the first wave, I think SoM were able to solidify the goth-rock sound layed down by earlier bands.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:32 pm
;O

I heard them awhile back on Lost Boys.
Becuase. Obivously it was before my time. xD Born in the 90s.
But I heard Cry Little Sister when I was about Four? Younger?

Epyona

Athiel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:16 am
Ah, yes. The SoM.

I do love many of their songs. But the passed weekend has forced me to realize the grim truth: They Should Have Quitted AGES AGO!
You see, I was at Tuska Open Air. The event of the year, a finnish metal festival beyond words.

They were there.

It seemed 90% of the time they were too busy hiding their aged faces behind unhealthy amounts of smoke to sing properly. Lets all face it: They Were good. Now they're just holding on to the zombie of something that died several years ago.
If you wanna end your fame with dignity, end it in time.

But don't get me wrong, I do like their songs. Just not when they try to sing them again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:31 am
I'm going to bump this thread because SoM is my favourite band. (And the last post was exactly four years ago.) whee

I'd also like to point out that the song "Cry Little Sister" is not by The Sisters of Mercy, but Gerard McMann. If you downloaded their music illegally, it's a song that been mislabeled.

I haven't heard any of their newer songs, and I'd prefer not too. I prefer their older stuff, like "Alice" and "Marian". The only songs I really love from Vision Thing are "Ribbons" and "More". My favourite album is First and Last and Always.

I think I'd like to time travel and go to one of their concerts circa 1985. I wasn't even alive then...  

veil of stars

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 am
veil of stars

I'd also like to point out that the song "Cry Little Sister" is not by The Sisters of Mercy, but Gerard McMann. If you downloaded their music illegally, it's a song that been mislabeled.

Yeah, I was gonna say, that's definitely not The Sisters of Mercy...unless Andrew Eldritch got a new voice or something. o.O Although, it is a very good song.

But, I love the Sisters of Mercy! They are one of the quintessential bands of the goth subculture!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:45 pm
I love Sisters of Mercy AND The Lost Boys! :B  

ElectroPanties

Ametrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:41 am
They definitely belong to my favourites too. ^_^ Some of the songs are so enchanting... although also some of their songs are a bit boring to me to listen to them frequently.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff