Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:04 am
Andromeda Phoenix
Whatever staff does, they're gonna have to be really careful with what aspects of a feature they make cost GC and how much GC that aspect costs. The way they've gone about things these past years has given GC such a negative view. There's a lot of facebook gaming apps that are playable without the use of real money even with the real money aspects there. I personally, don't trust Gaia to do this right, even if they use the ideas we throw at staff.

On another note, my goodness Gaia needs a group of devs who work on events, and a group of devs who work on main site features. Having to stop production on a feature because an event is in the way is slowly them down to ridiculous levels. It's not helping them at all. @_@

They used to but if you remember they have laid off all the Devs they have just about. Half the staff is gone now.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 pm
Izzy Said Rawr
Andromeda Phoenix
Whatever staff does, they're gonna have to be really careful with what aspects of a feature they make cost GC and how much GC that aspect costs. The way they've gone about things these past years has given GC such a negative view. There's a lot of facebook gaming apps that are playable without the use of real money even with the real money aspects there. I personally, don't trust Gaia to do this right, even if they use the ideas we throw at staff.

On another note, my goodness Gaia needs a group of devs who work on events, and a group of devs who work on main site features. Having to stop production on a feature because an event is in the way is slowly them down to ridiculous levels. It's not helping them at all. @_@

They used to but if you remember they have laid off all the Devs they have just about. Half the staff is gone now.

Yea, I'm aware. It's probably way more than half. They've been dropping staff since 2k8: every time Gaia gets a new CEO.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Opera Phantomess

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:04 am
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

The very fact that something will only be looked at if it can produce money flow sends red flags and obnoxious alarms to go off in my head and they become more prevalent by the day. Every new CEO that now walks through that door tears the very structure of this site apart more and more with the huge emphasis on cash only products and features. Fleep was a saint compared to this last batch over the past several years; at least he had the audacity to communicate and become part of the community to an extent.

That said, it seems as though our beloved staff members are being forced to work on things at any given time against their wills all in the name of fast money just from the tone Narumi's journal entry contains. Something needs to change and fast because the userbase is becoming more tired of all of this and less willing to open up their wallets, which is the exact opposite any small business looking to make it would want.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:29 am
Opera Phantomess

The very fact that something will only be looked at if it can produce money flow sends red flags and obnoxious alarms to go off in my head and they become more prevalent by the day. Every new CEO that now walks through that door tears the very structure of this site apart more and more with the huge emphasis on cash only products and features. Fleep was a saint compared to this last batch over the past several years; at least he had the audacity to communicate and become part of the community to an extent.

That said, it seems as though our beloved staff members are being forced to work on things at any given time against their wills all in the name of fast money just from the tone Narumi's journal entry contains. Something needs to change and fast because the userbase is becoming more tired of all of this and less willing to open up their wallets, which is the exact opposite any small business looking to make it would want.

Thank you, I really wish I could tip your post.

I would also like to say this: as Gaians become annoyed, more often than not, they lash out in inappropriate ways that are only seen as flaming/spamming/trolling and are not even addressed. We need to communicate with the staff to help them understand how we feel in a way they can sympathize with--and I'm sure some of them are upset with the way things are going as well. This is their job though, and if you don't do your job correctly, bad things happen. Some leave, like L0cke, but most will stay because they love this site (and they still need a job to pay the bills).
If we want the staff to treat us with respect and see us as humans and not dollar signs, we must like-wise return the favor and treat them as humans and not demons who are only trying to make our life miserable.  

GC Revolt

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:07 am
GC Revolt
Opera Phantomess

I would also like to say this: as Gaians become annoyed, more often than not, they lash out in inappropriate ways that are only seen as flaming/spamming/trolling and are not even addressed. We need to communicate with the staff to help them understand how we feel in a way they can sympathize with--and I'm sure some of them are upset with the way things are going as well. This is their job though, and if you don't do your job correctly, bad things happen. Some leave, like L0cke, but most will stay because they love this site (and they still need a job to pay the bills).
If we want the staff to treat us with respect and see us as humans and not dollar signs, we must like-wise return the favor and treat them as humans and not demons who are only trying to make our life miserable.

Well if it helps, MistyMary24 and I propose that Gaia can go hire a lot of Professional JavaScript users who are looking to earn college degrees, maybe even host a couple of contests meant to draw out Professional JavaScript users among Gaia's Regulars.
If necessary we could even get a Petition up and running and see if it takes us anywhere.
Its a long shot but it may be able to help with the situation in the lack of updates.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:45 am
Javier Cross
GC Revolt
Opera Phantomess

Well if it helps, MistyMary24 and I propose that Gaia can go hire a lot of Professional JavaScript users who are looking to earn college degrees, maybe even host a couple of contests meant to draw out Professional JavaScript users among Gaia's Regulars.
If necessary we could even get a Petition up and running and see if it takes us anywhere.
Its a long shot but it may be able to help with the situation in the lack of updates.
After the recent layoffs I think it's not a matter of finding people unfortunately, Gaia just doesn't seem interested in investing in general upkeep. They've been pretty much only focused on revenue generating features.  

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 am
frozen_water
Javier Cross
GC Revolt
Opera Phantomess

After the recent layoffs I think it's not a matter of finding people unfortunately, Gaia just doesn't seem interested in investing in general upkeep. They've been pretty much only focused on revenue generating features.

In other words, Gaia doesn't seem interested in being Gaia, isn't it?
You can't just go and work on Profit only for the Sake of Profit, and don't tell me they're laying off More competent staff members who know how to do their assignments in favor of more incompetence.
Shouldn't they make it an issue to make sure the Staff Trainees are JavaScript Professionals first before they get hired?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm
As it turns out, our new CEO isn't behind all of the massive GC push after all.

READ  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Gamerscaler

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:27 pm
trying to be jack of all trades and master of naff all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:24 pm
Madame Xiva
As it turns out, our new CEO isn't behind all of the massive GC push after all.

READ

Then if he's not behind most of the mess, who is?
I'll have to read on this later today.  

Javier Cross

Tigrosharu

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:17 pm
The way I see it that entry says 5 things:

1. There are not enough people to work on projects, most likely as a result of the layoffs; this has resulted in projects being laid to the wayside.

2. Profit over people, sorry I do not believe that this is just due to too many projects and not enough revenue it is profits taking priority.

3. Lack of understanding of the negative effect cash pushes are having on the Gaian economy and people in it, if they really need to integrate cash into the Gaia site they should do it as a incentive to get a "extra feature" and not as one that impedes or add cost to existing features.

4. They are intentionally not releasing certain features, and refusing to hire more coding devs; sorry if only codemonkey is working on this and a very few others we have problem even if I do respect him.

5. Lack of comprehension of funding distribution leading to issues with underfunded long overdue projects, this is not acceptable and there is really no excuse for taking this long to finish the new inventory arranger.

There are many other things I may point out later but at the moment I am very busy with a project that is due in 3 hours.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 pm
Tigrosharu
The way I see it that entry says 5 things:

1. There are not enough people to work on projects, most likely as a result of the layoffs; this has resulted in projects being laid to the wayside.

2. Profit over people, sorry I do not believe that this is just due to too many projects and not enough revenue it is profits taking priority.

3. Lack of understanding of the negative effect cash pushes are having on the Gaian economy and people in it, if they really need to integrate cash into the Gaia site they should do it as a incentive to get a "extra feature" and not as one that impedes or add cost to existing features.

4. They are intentionally not releasing certain features, and refusing to hire more coding devs; sorry if only codemonkey is working on this and a very few others we have problem even if I do respect him.

5. Lack of comprehension of funding distribution leading to issues with underfunded long overdue projects, this is not acceptable and there is really no excuse for taking this long to finish the new inventory arranger.

There are many other things I may point out later but at the moment I am very busy with a project that is due in 3 hours.

Well said!!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

The Dumpster Diva

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 pm
Reading through all of this is truly saddening, but it explains a lot of what we're seeing with Gaia now. sad  
📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff