Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Beginning

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:09 pm
A private one on one between Hishiro Nakamura and I. And so it begins, the journey of a thousand rps, with a single one on one.

And now with the addition of Missy Nagaran Karanight.

And featuring Aoi-Devvi!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm
Found it! So! Shall we begin?  

Hishiro Naka

Lonely Flatterer

Hishiro Naka

Lonely Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:34 pm
PLEASE????? whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:55 pm
Yes, alrighty then, I guess I'll just make up a plot. I think when you join a roleplay, the most important thing you can contribute is an interesting character. Through that you can do an infinite amount of things in the world the mod (moderator, that is the person who starts and runs the rp) makes.

So I will be the mod, and the plot will be 'You fall through space and time and find yourself in a cavernous room, as rugged looking as if it was carved from a mountain by rain water and with as much antiquity as the Earth itself. The whole place was back lit by a strange blue green light that seemed to glow from the floor.'

Of course I'll also give you a character to interact with, 'A strange woman is there to greet you.'

So what is it that your character will do? What are their intentions, their aspirations and personality? Have just a short list of personality traits with a brief idea of their history, this way you have a skeleton to build and make your character deeper. Some forum rps are year long commitments, and some are casual, so take that into consideration. You don't want to create a huge character for a tiny world, and understand that that character has to cooperate and live in the world of the rp which is why just starting off with a basic idea is best.

Tell me if I'm going to fast for you or if I need to clarify anything.  

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

Hishiro Naka

Lonely Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:05 pm
The youth opens his eyes as he lets out a grunt in slight pain.

"Ugh... where am I...?"

The dim blue glow of this gloomy place catches his attention as he glances up at the maiden before him. After hesitating for an instance, he comes to his feet and approaches her.

Reaching over to the rear pocket on his trousers he looks around and finally makes eye contact with her.

"Excuse me, could you tell me where are we at? I don`t seem to remember what happened earlier...."

As he speaks, he holds his right forearm and glances away- uncertain on how the female may react....

(PS I`m terribly sorry for not posting up until now! DX Please forgive me ;m; )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:08 pm
(Not at all. In any case this is a good start. Make sure to always write in one tense. You can do first person, but it's a very stylized and can get very tiring. Third person is what most people choose so you're off to a good start. I'm also glad that your grammar is good as well, it's pretty important so I recommend reading over your post once after you're finished. But don't beat yourself up over it.

And you figured out some formatting! How much of it do you know? Italics are usually used for thought, and bold (but for the sake of clarity I used it for regular text last post) is used for spoken word though that is up to you. Again consult the rp's rules. The bar at the top of your post box has buttons so all you need to do is highlight a bit of your text and click it to put the proper codes onto it.

In any case, forum rps usually require some sort of picture in your post format, you can go to photobucket (I recommend making one of your own so you can save your pictures for your characters onto it) or even google and find yourself one. some will want realistic photos and some only want anime so read the rules before you start. So I want you to browse through some pictures and pick one for your character. Another thing, don't use pictures from the official art of popular animes, fanart is fine as long as it's not obviously that character, also don't steal any artists work, it's very rude.

Okay I'm done.)

The woman turns and smiles at him knowingly. "My, we hardly ever get visitors. This is no where you know, a place in legend and lost in myth. But don't worry, you are exactly where you need to be." She takes his arm, hand snaking through her long billowing sleeves, guiding him forward. "Come, I will show you around!"  

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

Hishiro Naka

Lonely Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:32 pm
"Uh, okay..."

Without much hesitation he started following her- for he nearly tripped upon her sudden tug. He constantly became mesmerized by the place he was stuck in- the blue dim light sure makes everything more impressive.

"Could this be a living thing?" "Where am I?" "Who is this woman?" "Did she know about me- and where did she get such strength from!?"

All these doubts he couldn´t solve at the moment for he could hardly manage to stroll along the nifty pace of his hostess- thus only making one question in between grunts and slight pants:

"Where are we heading to, by the way?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 pm
((You can also change the size of your text, which is sometimes pleasing to the eye. If you choose a bold or italic to represent thoughts and speech, make sure it's consistent. The same with your color and font size and pictures, which is collectively called a 'post format', make sure it is consistent.

Another important thing to note is that using the thesaurus is nice to expand your vocabulary, but learn how to use the word before using it willy nilly.))

"We are going to a safer place, you are in danger here. This is life's core, and to stand so close to it is surely death for a mortal."

They passed the large cavern bathed in blue and continued to what could have been a front hallway, if it were not for it's tiny size. The corridor fit only one medium sized human, and one must crab walk sideways to pass. The walls seemed to be crusted, like a million tiny living rocks found their home, bred and died, coating what could have, might have if you squint, been a spacious hall into a claustrophobic nightmare.

"I did not get a name, do you have one? Though if you don't that is alright as well."

((But I think most importantly, is to have fun with your post. Mix up your writing style, get inspired by the people who write with you and novels and short stories. Wherever you think you can draw inspiration from, because the will to improve is what will make you a great writer and rper))  

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

Hishiro Naka

Lonely Flatterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm
((I would frankly like to apologize for such delayed response, wether you`d like to resume or not this rp and the whole tutoring schedule in general is up to you. Regardless i`d still like to sincerely apologize for the utter lack of respect to this cause and to your effort in general.))

"I-I`m Hishiro! "

Upon stating his name, he comes to a sudden stop, bewildered by the new place they arrived at. Seeming perplexed by the narrow hall before him, he tilts his head to a side, croutching slowly as he speaks:

"Excuse me; but, could you please tell me why are we here?"

By now he glaces up at the roof to this gloomy, moist cave. Several drops of water plummet into a puddle, constantly breaking the utter silence which wraps him in wonder, and a slight feel of dread.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:52 pm
User Image((We can take this as slowly as it needs to go or that suits you. In the end it's not as if you or I are rushing through this. You're free to stop it whenever and to join rps as you so desire. However I won't chase after you again, I'll trust that you know to post on your own.))

She pushed him forward into the small hallway before entering herself.

"I've told you, it's not safe. You might disappear if you stay."

She thinks a minute as the winding crusty hall continues and she forces him through it. Perhaps, more explanation.

"You might ah, dissolve you know? All of you, like, your soul I mean."

Smiling pleasantly, she continues to urge him on.

((So onto the subject of post formats, try to use not too big of a picture, make it look like a margin or a side bar in width, though that depends on the picture, and short enough that it fits your post's length. A huge picture is very distracting.You can push it to the side with [ imgleft/right ] direct link to your picture [ /imgleft ]. You can use photobucket to find and edit pictures to your liking so play around with the options. Another thing is color, make sure it's not too bright or too light, as it makes reading your post too difficult and really hard on the eyes. This is just a really really simple format, some people spend a lot of time making them.

This is where I get my colors, most test forum pages have a bunch of symbols and colors and things. Colors))  

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

Hishiro Naka

Lonely Flatterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:15 pm
((This colors are so pretty! o.o; I`ll try them out once I learn how, thank you! As for the character profile:
1) May I post that later? [I`m not that brilliant with html]
2) Is it valid to say that the character`s appearance is the actual avi?))

"Ahh!!"

He shrieks while squeezing into the gap. Being set into a croutching position, he takes short, penguin-like steps foward. The deeper they submerge, the darker it gets, as a slight warmth strarts wrapping the two characters....

"Is it getting a little cozy, or is it just me?"

Wiping off some sweat from his forehead, his steps become shorter and fewer until he comes to a sudden stop- leaving a brief silence before asking his companion:

"Are we going in the right direction....?

((Color text sample)) ((It works! biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:55 pm
User Image((No problem, please practice on your own, and you can also look at other rps for examples. And generally speaking casual rps will allow this but for more advanced rps it's not acceptable. They will usually ask for a real picture of an actor or an anime picture.))

"What do you mean? There is only one way, and that is forward. Are you afraid of the dark?"

She nudges him, gently this time as the rocks are quite gritty and one could receive a nasty gash if too forceful. They progress slowly, but she continues to urge him on. After a lengthy time in the darkness they begin to see light, bouncing off some shiny rock bits. It's not a lot but it was a start.

"You need not be, for if there is dark, there is surely light."

By the time they finally reach the end of the craggly tunnel, they are both sweat covered, and the breeze swirling the room was pleasant. It was just a regular room, cut into the grey smooth rocks. A little wooden table sat to one side, with a few chairs that did no match scattered around it.

"Come, have a seat, you must have had quite a journey, though I'm not sure how you found my backdoor."

azora natashi

Greedy Dog

03 One-on-One RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces