Apocalypse Q&A Saturday 13th of July

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:44 pm
If all goes well I should be able to get an Apocalypse book by the end of this week. Now I know a lot of people won't be getting it because of *insert reason here*, I thought it might be a good idea to hold a Q&A so that the people who can't or don't want the book can still ask their questions and find out what they want to know.

You can ask your questions here in advance and when the time comes, I'll try and answer them all, unless someone beats me to it with a copy of their own.

The only things I will not answer are questions solely about the point values of units and formations, I may drop the odd value here and there, but I am not going to list all costs, entry options and whatnot. Also, you can ask about rules, just don't expect exact wording, just summaries.

Other things, like what kind of formations, fortifications and whatnot, I'll gladly answer those, along with questions on the game in general.

So, ask away.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:28 am
What are the biggest changes?

Are super heavy things still worth taking?

How random is it now?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm
Vikki Stardust
What are the biggest changes?
In a nutshell: There are now six types of mission, if you play with more than one player per side one player's warlord is appointed as Warmaster, with suitable buffs and Apocalyptic formations no longer cost extra to field. You just pay for the base cost of the models and get the bonuses for free.

Vikki Stardust
Are super heavy things still worth taking?
Ehhhh, while they're immune to weapon destroyed, crew shaken, crew stunned and immobilized results, they can still be glanced. Also, when you score an explosion result on the vehicle damage table it doesn't explode, instead it loses D3 hullpoints. When it loses its last hullpoint you roll a D6 to see how big a boom you get.

To balance things out, super-heavies now have Fear, Move Through Cover and Invincible Behemoth, which grants it immunity against weapons that would instantly destroy it and it does not lose AV due to enemy abilities. Lance weapons still work on it though..

Honestly though, they're really fragile and expensive as all hell. Field for fun but at your own risk.

Vikki Stardust
How random is it now?
It's the 6th edition luv, it's pretty ******** random, but not to the point that we have to cheese_whine about it.  
Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games