Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Them College Kids and Their Crazy Greekness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

brokenbarrier

Man-Hungry Grabber

16,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:19 am
♭ⓡⓞⓚⓔⓝ♭ⓐⓡⓡⓘⓔⓡ sαys User Image

"Those dots and dashes in the User Image...

Gaia is still a pretty regular thing in my life. It has been since I got internet and made an account back in 2008. Even when friends slowly became inactive in the past two-three years, I still got on because of others out there in roleplays and I like the games on this site. Gosh, sue me.

But what I have noticed is I'm not seeing the fresh new kids that were my age when I made an account. (Where did all the middle/high school kids go? ...I guess to facebook and other things now) So I see college kids and just older people in general opening up the rock that was their gaia account again. And why not? You wanna see if your old buds are still online, see how much gaia has changed (MORE. STINKING. ADVERTISING), and whatever.

What did I notice the most in this guild, though? What makes me really happy is seeing all the people who posted all these years ago when I joined this guild are still in a band or still supporting it... and most of all, I see proud members of their Greek life organizations.

Shout-outs to the brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi and Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia as well as the sisters of Tau Beta Sigma, Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nu Kappa Epsilon (not many people will have heard of that last one, because there are only two chapters in existence, but they're a music service sorority).

I'm a music education student. I play the horn (of the french variety). And I am a brother of Kappa Kappa Psi.

I am completely touched that we were all so influenced by band, by MUSIC, that we chose to have brotherhoods and sisterhoods based on it.

User Image
...aren't Morse Code."
-John Brewington, VA Tidewater District Festival Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 am
I love this post! Thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about the guild. I have enjoyed my time here as well and my time as a guild mod.
Seems like marching band was ages ago for me. Seeing your post makes me sorta regret not joining KKP when i was in college. My school had one of the biggest chapters in the country.
I'm glad i stil can participate in the alumni band events like parades and certain games.
I will always be a band geek through and through.  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Band Nerd Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers